Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:30 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I watched a video recently about the US eclipse dressed up is a lot of half understood rubbish to be a prophecy of ...something dire. I'm not sure whether that was the last one (which like all the other EoW predictions - passed off without anything other than the usual ructions and natural disasters that go on in the world, or whether that's one to come. But you can bet on some end of world claim every other year. I had a thread (long gone) on predictions, so we could pillory the dude that threatened us with obliteration is we did not accept his word without question. But as usual, these people rely on never having to back up their claims when called on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mLPF-LGb8

Whether we can do it now or in the near future, I long to se this smug, self -satisfied peddler of scaremongering garbage (let me make a bet -80 o 1 he has a Book out?) made to look a complete fool....

I don't know why, but I have never seen since Nigel Farage, anyone who so badly needing a good facial Filling In.
A new moon is coming in September, and I promise we will try to make it the coolest end of days of all end of days, the last couple end of days was the worst end of days of all, but this moon in September is sure to please, I mean, sure to kill when a great sea monster like a dragon comes out of the sea, and people will long to die but they wont die.........You will see, and then you wont be mocking and laughing, the big doubting Thomas you are, you will see. You will see, it will be the end of days to end all end of days.

{7-01-7-29-44....****}

Do you see?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-08-2018 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 05:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,623,204 times
no, people who commit suicide do not goto a hell. We can't leave a place we are in. heaven, hell, in god, or in the universe.

we are here to stay.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:07 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,075,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no, people who commit suicide do not goto a hell. We can't leave a place we are in. heaven, hell, in god, or in the universe.

we are here to stay.
They dont go to where they already are.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:03 AM

16,820 posts, read 5,025,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Why? Does 2 Peter expose their falseness?
No, it was regarded as a forgery because very few people used it.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:40 AM

5,539 posts, read 7,128,318 times

Old 06-09-2018, 10:15 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, I do not. I have a mental illness myself that I manage to live with, and my daughter a far more serious one. She is particularly outspoken on social media about the need for people to seek help and remove the stigmas attached to mental disorders.

They are illnesses of the human brain, like illnesses of any other body part.
It's good that you and your daughter have managed to live with it. My mother did as well with boat loads of prescription medications for over 50 years.

There's no disputing that the human brain has it's illnesses, like brain cancer for instance. What I have learned is that when we "die" our physical brain doesn't go along for the ride. But our mind and our thinking does. It's like there is no escaping our thoughts... as thoughts are things, and they are transcendent of the physical. The reason why we still have our thoughts in the next world is that we become spirit people, the human body being the receptacle of the invisible spirit body with the soul to give it a shape and form.

Another famous suicide yesterday, not sure the reason. But the fact remains for both of these famous people who resorted to the unthinkable, they will have to suffer the consequences of their actions in a place called hell. But we can pray for them and all others in the same predicament to get out of that awful place of darkness... as hell isn't eternal.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:35 AM

4,388 posts, read 4,248,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
It's good that you and your daughter have managed to live with it. My mother did as well with boat loads of prescription medications for over 50 years.

There's no disputing that the human brain has it's illnesses, like brain cancer for instance. What I have learned is that when we "die" our physical brain doesn't go along for the ride. But our mind and our thinking does. It's like there is no escaping our thoughts... as thoughts are things, and they are transcendent of the physical. The reason why we still have our thoughts in the next world is that we become spirit people, the human body being the receptacle of the invisible spirit body with the soul to give it a shape and form.

Another famous suicide yesterday, not sure the reason. But the fact remains for both of these famous people who resorted to the unthinkable, they will have to suffer the consequences of their actions in a place called hell. But we can pray for them and all others in the same predicament to get out of that awful place of darkness... as hell isn't eternal.
The fact or the belief? As far as I have been able to ascertain, I am the only one on this thread who has any personal direct experience with suicide. And even I characterize my experience with the fact that what happened is filtered through my belief of what it is that I experienced.

Is there anyone here who has direct experience of what happens during and after a suicide attempt? If so, what is your belief about what you experienced?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
The fact or the belief? As far as I have been able to ascertain, I am the only one on this thread who has any personal direct experience with suicide. And even I characterize my experience with the fact that what happened is filtered through my belief of what it is that I experienced.

Is there anyone here who has direct experience of what happens during and after a suicide attempt? If so, what is your belief about what you experienced?
Well, the discussion isn't about attempting suicide as the end result isn't the same. But I have a question for you. What was your overall feeling after it happened? Did you come out of it thinking everything was okay? Or did you suffer miserably for a time afterwards?

Old 06-09-2018, 12:02 PM

4,388 posts, read 4,248,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, the discussion isn't about attempting suicide as the end result isn't the same. But I have a question for you. What was your overall feeling after it happened? Did you come out of it thinking everything was okay? Or did you suffer miserably for a time afterwards?
I was numb. I had at that point failed at everything. I just put one foot in front of the other, just as I have been doing ever since. If I had wanted to go on, I believe that I would have allowed to do so without eternal punishment. I haven't feared death since. I understood that I had a purpose to discern, but I can't tell you how. Decades later I had another experience that confirmed the first, but in a different context.

Do you think that if I had chosen not to come back I would have been punished forever? Do you think that I was not punished because I had not chosen something as irrevocable as strangulation or gunshot? What can you know about what happened to me?

As far as the discussion not being about attempting suicide, I apologize for intruding. It just seems a bit strange to me to exclude the first-hand account of a person whose experience supports the original proposition that people who commit suicide do NOT go to Hell. Since the only other first-hand accounts therefore come from beyond the grave, inherently making them suspect, I suppose there is not much point in my continuing in the discussion.

It's a shame, because I have found many who want to know, but few who want to hear. I thought this might be different.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I was numb. I had at that point failed at everything. I just put one foot in front of the other, just as I have been doing ever since. If I had wanted to go on, I believe that I would have allowed to do so without eternal punishment. I haven't feared death since. I understood that I had a purpose to discern, but I can't tell you how. Decades later I had another experience that confirmed the first, but in a different context.

Do you think that if I had chosen not to come back I would have been punished forever? Do you think that I was not punished because I had not chosen something as irrevocable as strangulation or gunshot? What can you know about what happened to me?

As far as the discussion not being about attempting suicide, I apologize for intruding. It just seems a bit strange to me to exclude the first-hand account of a person whose experience supports the original proposition that people who commit suicide do NOT go to Hell. Since the only other first-hand accounts therefore come from beyond the grave, inherently making them suspect, I suppose there is not much point in my continuing in the discussion.

It's a shame, because I have found many who want to know, but few who want to hear. I thought this might be different.
No, I don't think if you had chosen not to come back you would be punished forever. In the next world, there is a law of progression and this works not only in the lower spheres of light, it also includes hell. For hell is a place of probation and not a place for all eternity.

So begin a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality