Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,782,458 times

Advertisements

There is no god, no heaven, no hell. Our life is ours to do as we wish. While suicide appears a selfish act, I believe it is our right to decide if we want to end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What about people who have no one in their lives, no family, no one who cares at all, are they hurting anyone else by ending their lives if no one carew whether they live or die? I don't think so. I read somewhere that the suicide among the elderly who are alone, as well as having difficulty maintaining physical survival needs, is somewhere pretty high on the list of people who do take their own lives.
But that's the thing. We all, each and every one, have someone, be they material beings or spiritual beings. We all have at least 1 or more spiritual guides. It's those who refuse to believe or those who refuse to listen to their inner knowings (intuition) that believe they are alone in this world. We could have no one in our lives yet we still have spirit helpers. We could also be in a room with a million people yet still be alone. Even if those million people are our friends.

No matter what we think or believe, God has Laws that work harmoniously at all times. When we break those laws, we pay the penalty. Suicide is not loving to yourself so the penalty must be paid. And yes, there are degrees of the penalty. One who commits suicide for selfish reason will have more of a penalty than one who does it out of love. But there will still be a penalty. God gave us this world to enjoy and experience life. It's our only chance. When we live it with no love for the self and others, we are not in harmony with the Laws set our that govern the universe. Love commands it yet those in darkness do not see it that way.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by "too self-absorbed in their own ... materialistic ways" in terms of people who commit suicide.....
The ones who pity themselves and think that others should feel sorry for them just because they cannot handle the life they are given and refuse to accept it. Those who refuse to just BE. We are to be of service to each other out of love. We are all brothers and sisters. No one is alone and no ones life is so terrible that suicide is the answer. And yes, I tried it a couple of times. Living is much better.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There is no god, no heaven, no hell. Our life is ours to do as we wish. While suicide appears a selfish act, I believe it is our right to decide if we want to end it.
I absolutely agree with you yet it doesn't make it right. We reap what we sow and suicide is an unloving act no matter which way we see it.

My honest opinion is that if one is suffering from alzheimers then suicide would be the right choice as I have come to understand that their fragment of God has already left and the body is useless.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM

5,544 posts, read 7,153,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There is no god, no heaven, no hell.
Absolutely and what reinforces this idea is the Catholic Church's pre-1965 policy to forbid recognized/sanctioned burials and/or funeral rites for suicide victims.

Unconsecrated grounds...

More incredibly, even bereavement ministering to surviving family members was discouraged!

As if their emotional suffering wasn't already bad enough.

Last edited by Tantalust; 12-15-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,167,098 times
How do you know there's no God?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 PM

5,544 posts, read 7,153,355 times
Which ones?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:48 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,669,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No, I never committed or attempted suicide. But I know for a fact. You'll just have to believe me.
If you had committed suicide then I would believe anything you said -- because if you're dead and still messing around on C-D, you deserve to be believed.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:05 PM

128 posts, read 243,752 times
Originally Posted by Charles
No, I never committed or attempted suicide. But I know for a fact. You'll just have to believe me.
And you think that people here on CD are 'just going to believe you'? How do you know...if you do, you should be able to open up & tell the truth. But, it's just your belief vs. another's, not who is right and who is wrong, because none of us know until the end.
If you had committed suicide then I would believe anything you said -- because if you're dead and still messing around on C-D, you deserve to be believed.
Too funny, too funny, but true! Kudos to Charles if he's dead & here at the same time...talk about multi-tasking

Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,641,273 times
Hmm this is a hard one-I would like to believe that if you commit suicide that god will forgive you-however if you commit suicide how will you repent your sin? You have murdered yourself so to speak-I don't know if anyone can answer this question...

Old 04-16-2018, 03:48 AM

5,463 posts, read 3,090,046 times
Quote:

I don't understand what you mean by "too self-absorbed in their own ... materialistic ways" in terms of people who commit suicide.....
Seems clear enough to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality