Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
???Where did I call anyone a liar ???

If you want scriptures I can provide them.
Maybe this will help:

Person A says: "I don't believe you have to be baptized to be saved."

Person B says: "I don't believe that if you are baptized that you have to understand what happened to be saved"

Marianinark says to Person A: (Insert your discussion here)

Marianinark says to Person B: (Insert your discussion here)

In your discussion feel free to quote anything you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
I haven't read all of this, but if you are saying baptism has nothing to do with saving, you are calling Peter ( and the Holy Spirit) liars.
If you say baptism does not wash away sins, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar.
If you are saying baptism does not put one into Christ ...ditto to the above.

1st Peter 4.21 And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you - not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal of a good conscence - through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Acts 22.16 'And now why do you delay? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Acts 2.38 Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgivness of your sins; and you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3.27 For all of you who have been baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
1st Peter 4.21 And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you - not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal of a good conscence - through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Acts 22.16 'And now why do you delay? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Acts 2.38 Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgivness of your sins; and you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3.27 For all of you who have been baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
So is it your belief that a person needs to be baptized and needs to understand that baptism?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
Christians have been instructed to be baptised. But baptisim isn't essential to salvation. The baptisim signifies - our dying to ourselves and being re-born in Christ. It is as a public declaration of our faith.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM

90 posts, read 209,596 times
Must We Be Baptized In Water In Order To Truly Be Saved??

My own personal opinion whitch is controversail is that being baptized and taking communion doesn't mean someone is a regenerated/saved/spirt filled person. One should be baptized in the name of the Lord as a public showing that a person that has reached a age of accountability to the Lord has faith that they have a part with the living God. One should take communion for the some reasons.

I believe there are persons in the past, present and future all over the world that have a personal saving faith relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy sprit that have never taken communion or been baptized that will spend forever with the Lord in peace.

Tragically I believe many 100's of millions of persons that have reached a age of accountability in this age to the Lord for their sins and have gone to many different denominations will not be spending forever with the Lord becouse they thought being baptized and taking communion was a ticket into heaven. Without faith in what Jesus did for ones sins and asking him to live inside one self there is no salvation.

I do believe persons should join a biblically sound church, be baptized, take communion, and have fellowship with believers and speek the good news to other persons in this life.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So is it your belief that a person needs to be baptized and needs to understand that baptism?

I believe what the word of God says, so my answer is "yes", definitely.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:11 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Christians have been instructed to be baptised. But baptisim isn't essential to salvation. The baptisim signifies - our dying to ourselves and being re-born in Christ. It is as a public declaration of our faith.
I agree 100% with this. Baptism is important and I believe a Christian should be baptized, but I do not believe it is a requirement for salvation.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM

348 posts, read 556,967 times
Default One Way

As most here know, there are many denominations, and many ways to heaven, but God says there is only "one way". In Gods' spiritual kingdom there is only one body.

All are called into one body. "Ye are called into one body." Colossians 3:15.

The church is the body. "He is the head of the body, the church." Colossians 1:18.

We enter that body by baptism. "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body." 1 Corinthians 12:13.

God's converted people are added to the church. "The Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." Acts 2:47

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
As most here know, there are many denominations, and many ways to heaven, but God says there is only "one way". In Gods' spiritual kingdom there is only one body.

All are called into one body. "Ye are called into one body." Colossians 3:15.

The church is the body. "He is the head of the body, the church." Colossians 1:18.

We enter that body by baptism. "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body." 1 Corinthians 12:13.

God's converted people are added to the church. "The Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." Acts 2:47

You surely have got that right ! May all that have ears hear !

Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I am not a bible scholar like so many on this forum are, but I do know enough about the bible and what Christ taught to know that he never commanded baptism as a requirement to be saved..Actually, the only commandment he gave us is what some refer to as the 11 commandment that of love..People keep referring to Johm 3:3-7 as a command that water Baptism is necessary in order to be saved..These verses only tell me that Christ was speaking of two births...Born AGAIN meaning twice..Physical birth (water and blood) He says you must be born of the Spirit to enter his kingdom..In order to be born of the spirit you need to believe..Baptism is an outward sgn that you believe in the death, burial and resurrection into a new , spiritual life.. Just my opinion, but anything about baptism being a requirement and a command in order to receive the Holy spirit, or to be saved adds legalism to the pure and simple words of God who is not confusing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality