Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times

Advertisements

And didn't the Magi study the stars and find out about the birth of the Baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Yes, I know people in read their horpscopes every day. Do they put their "faith and trust" in them? I certainly hope not.

I think they are a bunch of bunk, and I also beleive dabbling in anything supernatural is dangerous and can give the devil a way in.

Although I have always been curious about that stuff (as most of us are) I have always stayed away from it.

I had some friends who went to a psychic and wanted me to go. I was adament that I would never get involved in that.
I think you are being very wise to avoid all this, spunk! I think it is an in road for the devil. I think scripture forbids it (Deuteronomy 18 again.)

Old 07-13-2007, 02:09 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Let's start here. What would your parents think about that?

You don't see astrology as an occultic practice?
I see it as yet another thing that God created and Satan perverted! What about the wise men? They were astrologers, and followed a star to Jesus. They were reknowned astrologers, in fact.

I have told my view to my parents, and they agree that it's probably something that has been twisted from God's original intent. They don't involve themselves with any aspect of astrology or the occult, however, and neither do I.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
I see it as yet another thing that God created and Satan perverted! What about the wise men? They were astrologers, and followed a star to Jesus. They were reknowned astrologers, in fact.

I have told my view to my parents, and they agree that it's probably something that has been twisted from God's original intent. They don't involve themselves with any aspect of astrology or the occult, however and neither do I.
Ok, since you added your last sentence, I'll let ya alone about it!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Years ago, I read a paper on mental illness that was pure speculation, but interesting just the same.

It seems that there was a line of thought that conceptions in the late winter or early spring resulted in the mother not getting enough vitamins from her food during that time when the fetal brain and nervous system was being developed. This resulted in babies being born on December with mental, emotional and nervous problems. (This was before the days of frozen food, and imported foods)

Once the fresh spring greens began developing, the mothers diet improved and the fetuses got better food during that critical period. The writer of the paper, who worked in Psychiatric hospital, claimed that there was a definite curve in the number of birthdays in Decembe. The curve started in November, peaked in December, slowed down in January and stay about the same the rest of the year. There was no way to prove how or what the mother ate nine months before giving birth.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Years ago, I read a paper on mental illness that was pure speculation, but interesting just the same.

It seems that there was a line of thought that conceptions in the late winter or early spring resulted in the mother not getting enough vitamins from her food during that time when the fetal brain and nervous system was being developed. This resulted in babies being born on December with mental, emotional and nervous problems. (This was before the days of frozen food, and imported foods)

Once the fresh spring greens began developing, the mothers diet improved and the fetuses got better food during that critical period. The writer of the paper, who worked in Psychiatric hospital, claimed that there was a definite curve in the number of birthdays in Decembe. The curve started in November, peaked in December, slowed down in January and stay about the same the rest of the year. There was no way to prove how or what the mother ate nine months before giving birth.
Very interesting. Like I said, I think something is to be said for it, but it's all about balance, and not walking out your door because of a bad horoscope in your local is not balance.

But again, I really do believe it is something that God created...He set the stars in order, and obviously there is something about the whole thing that God approves of, otherwise how do you explain the Magi?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Ok, since you added your last sentence, I'll let ya alone about it!
Whew! Big relief for me kay, I was steeling myself...

Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
I'm a Scorpio, now ask me what it means. LOL. I have no clue, better yet, have no desire to know what it means.

No, I don't partake of this, and although have read the horiscope in the paper, never put a thought into it being real. I have not read my horiscope in years, and have not missed a thing.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM

434 posts, read 1,653,013 times
I believe in the validity of horoscopes just as much as the validity of religious texts as the true word of some higher being. In other words, I think they are both hooey.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:30 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
IMO, it's a bunch of crap. I do think there is some truth to stargazing and reading, since that was created by God...but especially, horoscopes in the paper are just junk.
Oh, no Jeff and I agree on something! Wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality