Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:50 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
How does that answer my question? Where in the Torah does it say that the messiah will come, be killed and come a second time?

Beat me to it man!

Where in the Torah does it say that the messiah will come, be killed and come a second time?
I shouldn't enter into this "debate" with you because I feel you are literally looking for those words. You won't find them in the Torah.

What you will find in the Torah is Abraham. God made a covenant with Abraham, particularly concerning his descendents. I will assume you know what that covenant is and what was contained in it. If not, the answer is in the Torah that you keep mentioning!

Through the lineage of Abraham, God said He would make a new covenant with Israel (Jeremiah 31 - just one of many places in the Old Testament).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
I shouldn't enter into this "debate" with you because I feel you are literally looking for those words. You won't find them in the Torah.

What you will find in the Torah is Abraham. God made a covenant with Abraham, particularly concerning his descendents. I will assume you know what that covenant is and what was contained in it. If not, the answer is in the Torah that you keep mentioning!

Through the lineage of Abraham, God said He would make a new covenant with Israel (Jeremiah 31 - just one of many places in the Old Testament).
How does this 'covenant' foretell a 'second coming' of the man-god?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
How does this 'covenant' foretell a 'second coming' of the man-god?
That covenant tells you there will be a 2nd covenant made with Israel through the descendents of Abraham. Jesus is a biological descendent of Abraham.

At that point, would you not have to consult the 2nd covenant in order to answer your question? God told Israel that He would make a new covenant and really, if that is all He saw fit to tell them and they didn't inquire on the content of the second covenant, shouldn't that be enough to reasonably satisfy your question?

Along with these covenants, God also made promises to Moses, Abraham, etc. The old way (The Law and Old Testament) was not meant to last forever and ever, amen. Surely you know that.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:24 PM

I also find it ironic that you seem to support that it's taking a long time for the 2nd coming.

Wouldn't you also think it's surely taking a long time for God to honor that 2nd covenant, too? Honestly, it has been hanging around out there a lot longer than the second coming, lol.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:21 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
How does that answer my question? Where in the Torah does it say that the messiah will come, be killed and come a second time?

Beat me to it man!

Where in the Torah does it say that the messiah will come, be killed and come a second time?
Well, according to this one Jewish person in the link below. He states the Torah says Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah.

LiveLeak.com - The Torah says Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah

Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, according to this one Jewish person in the link below. He states the Torah says Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah.
Pity for him that the rest of the Jews don't agree with him.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:39 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Pity for him that the rest of the Jews don't agree with him.
Well the Bible tells us that most of the Jewish people polluted Gods name where ever they went, so I don't pity him. Yet I do pity the rest of the Jewish race.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Default Delay in Second coming

My theory as to why it's taking so long for the second coming:

Christ discovered city-data.com forums, got addicted, and can't tear himself away from the screen long enough even to go to the bathroom.

His screen name: ThisIsHeaven ???

Old 11-11-2009, 04:49 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My theory as to why it's taking so long for the second coming:

Christ discovered city-data.com forums, got addicted, and can't tear himself away from the screen long enough even to go to the bathroom.

His screen name: ThisIsHeaven ???
Hahaha... good one.

I posted on another thread, which you may not have seen yet, and that is the fact that Jesus' is already here.

He's been here for almost 100 years getting the word out and he wants to tell you and everyone else who happens to stroll by this forum... five of the most important words in all the universe:

Pray for God's Divine Love.

That's all you need to be aware of. That was his message when he walked this earth as a human being and that's been his message ever since the day he was resurrected.

And look at the bright side... how simple is the message... a no-brainer, really.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality