Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,613,553 times

Advertisements

Wow, thanks everyone, there's some really great photos there. Mams is the one that surprised me the most because for some reason I thought he'd be much older. Alpha's photo he PM'd me was also a surprise but it was a great shot. Sorry june 7th if I embarrassed you but I'll be looking forward to seeing yours too.
I've noticed that people are often much different than you expect when you've spent alot of time talking to them on the phone, usually in a work situation. That's happened alot in my job because you've formed a mental image of someone and then they're completely different.
Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,257,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! WILL THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS PLEASE POST THEIR PHOTOS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Alpha
Kawg
Blue
ILNC
Angel writer
June 7th (you promised)
kaykay
Mtbound (come on, you can do it!)

I've probably missed one or two but since I was brave enough to post a photo that belonged under a circus tent I think you can do it too!
Ok, again, I plead computer illiteracy! However, IBCwife has graciously offered to try to patiently overcome my "literacy issue." So something might be able to be done.

Incidentally, MG and june, I got soooo tickled reading june's post after seeing your photo, MG (about flying out on the plane to Arizona immediately!)

Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,879,181 times
Quote:
Wow, thanks everyone, there's some really great photos there. Mams is the one that surprised me the most because for some reason I thought he'd be much older. Alpha's photo he PM'd me was also a surprise but it was a great shot. Sorry june 7th if I embarrassed you but I'll be looking forward to seeing yours too.
I've noticed that people are often much different than you expect when you've spent alot of time talking to them on the phone, usually in a work situation. That's happened alot in my job because you've formed a mental image of someone and then they're completely different.
Thanks again.
What were you expecting MontanaGuy?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 AM

7,994 posts, read 12,264,343 times
Quote:
Sorry june 7th if I embarrassed you but I'll be looking forward to seeing yours too.
For you, Montana, anything!

--And no, you have not embarrassed me. (Refer to my response to YOUR smiling image...If anyone should be apologizing for embarrassing anyone around here, it should be yours truly!)

P.S. Sorry my flight into Phoenix got somewhat delayed......Stay tuned!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks again.
It is funny how people can look so completely different than how we imagine them. I also have that happen to me all the time as a receptionist. (I answer calls for all 16 branches of the bank where I work, and I often have ideas about co-workers and then am quite surprised.)

With you guys, Montana and Kawg, to me look very, very similar to how I imagined them. The others not so much. And also ILNC, you look very much as I imagined you!

And yes, Kawg, you do look very young to be "granny" but then I knew that because I think I had some idea of your age beforehand.

I think the ones that most surprised me was solidsquid,alicenavada and ibcwife. (Thought they would all look more "studious.")

Last edited by kaykay; 07-19-2007 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: add names I thought about later!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
For you, Montana, anything!

--And no, you have not embarrassed me. (Refer to my response to YOUR smiling image...If anyone should be apologizing for embarrassing anyone around here, it should be yours truly!)

P.S. Sorry my flight into Phoenix got somewhat delayed......Stay tuned!
Ooooh, I love this..Should I start a June/Montana thread?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,613,553 times
Alpha wrote:
Quote:
What were you expecting MontanaGuy?
For some reason I thought you'd be kind of heavy and look very young (not that you look old). I think you mentioned on a post once that you thought you were overweight but your photo doesn't look that way. It's a very good shot.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,194,758 times
After being unable to meet my blackmail demands, kaykay has brought this upon herself! I present you with the actual photos of kaykay's house!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM

7,994 posts, read 12,264,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Ooooh, I love this..Should I start a June/Montana thread?
HUH?Blue, I honestly couldn't tell if I had read that correctly, or whether it was just the turbulance we're experiencing on the plane!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Default kaykay's house

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
After being unable to meet my blackmail demands, kaykay has brought this upon herself! I present you with the actual photos of kaykay's house!

Literally LOL!! Right here at work-LOL!!

Ok, you guys, this is WAR!: (The sad thing is that kaykay is too computer illiterate to retaliate!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality