Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Not that I don't want to go... But i am traveling to my sisters house Up in Maryland, much needed visit to see some family, more than 8 months since I have seen any of my family, and Lord knows right now, i need them.

I did talk to my Deacon last night at VBS, to let him know that the kids and I wouldn't be there, and what we were doing, where we were going. So he wouldn't worry.

He is actually a patient of mine at work. He has never really been anything but that to me...I have not used him as a deacon, nor have I ever, at anytime, used my deacons for anything.

I was uncomfortable at this church, and I let him know this several mos ago.

But a week ago I called Ben. From work. I asked if I could talk to him after work, in a tearful voice. He said of course you can, and we met up at church, and I poured my heart out to him, cried and cried.

i thought that whenever I saw him again, I would feel uncomfortable, but when I see him, I feel so lifted up. He comes to me and Just hugs me.

I talked with he and his wife again on Tues. He is a true man of God. Now, I hug my patients at work.... and dont think that when he comes in he wont get an extra special huge big hug.

He wished me safe travel. My husband told me to take the bus.

Once again, with arms wide open.....I love the Lord and all of His Glory, I have truly been blessed, but in the same toke, all of this time, this more than a year, I have read my Bible, and thought it was all I needed.

But walking through those church doors.....I knew instantly. I needed fellowship. I needed other Christians. I needed the Lords house. I needed the whole package, as did my children.

I have seen the light, and I will not go back into the dark place known as..."well, I read my Bible!"

I am not going back to that place. I am very happy and proud to hjave said that, and I rejoice in the Lord and his wonderful majesty........when is he good?

All the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,940 times
I'm so happy you've found such comfort and warm fellowship at church.
I pray for you to have a safe trip and a wonderful time with family! I'm sure it will be nice to see them after 8 months.

Don't forget, you can always visit their church (if they attend), or just visit a local one while you are there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality