Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
While there is some controversy surrounding this there is no scientific study proving causation in homosexuality, something we cannot say about ethnicity.
Your ignorance about homosexuality is astounding, staggeringly astounding. The little boy down the street, 6 months older than my daughter, and at age 4 or 5, always want to be the "mommy" when they played house. Always wanted to play dress up in girls cloths, etc. etc.

Now in his 30's, is quite happy in his gay lifestyle. It was blatently obvious even as a little boy he would be gay.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Your ignorance about homosexuality is astounding, staggeringly astounding. The little boy down the street, 6 months older than my daughter, and at age 4 or 5, always want to be the "mommy" when they played house. Always wanted to play dress up in girls cloths, etc. etc.

Now in his 30's, is quite happy in his gay lifestyle. It was blatently obvious even as a little boy he would be gay.
The exact same thing with my cousin and my niece. both of them were obviously "different" during their childhood. Of course my cousin has been gone for twenty years but my niece has lived with the same woman for more than 20 years. This stuff ain't "spiritual bs" it's real life.

Last edited by Melvin.George; 02-16-2011 at 03:18 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 03:40 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
I definitely believe some people are born homosexual and I am very glad our society is more accepting of these people. It probably is hard being gay now, but it must have been much, much harder 50 years ago.

The reason some animals are homosexual? From what I know, we have several pairs of chromosones. Maybe certain chromosones determine our physical characteristics and others determine how our brains work. Usually the chromosones that determine a body to be of one sex also determine the brain to physically desire the other sex, but sometimes it doesn't work that way.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

So, provide a single study that claims to prove causation.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I definitely believe some people are born homosexual and I am very glad our society is more accepting of these people. It probably is hard being gay now, but it must have been much, much harder 50 years ago.

The reason some animals are homosexual? From what I know, we have several pairs of chromosones. Maybe certain chromosones determine our physical characteristics and others determine how our brains work. Usually the chromosones that determine a body to be of one sex also determine the brain to physically desire the other sex, but sometimes it doesn't work that way.
That would imply a birth defect.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
That would imply a birth defect.

being gay is not a birth defect..........

Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
The exact same thing with my cousin and my niece. both of them were obviously "different" during their childhood. Of course my cousin has been gone for twenty years but my niece has lived with the same woman for more than 20 years. This stuff ain't "spiritual bs" it's real life.
It's also anecdotal.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
It's also anecdotal.

Ok. We get it. You don't like gay people. Perhaps it is time to move on.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, although I believe that homosexuality is genetic and I know that it is not a "choice" - it really doesn't matter. We should treat others with respect. That's what it's all about really.
I never suggested otherwise.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Ok. We get it. You don't like gay people. Perhaps it is time to move on.
Where did you get that idea? I became a teacher in no small part because of a gay uncle of mine. I adore that man. However, just because I love and respect this man doesn't mean homosexuality is genetic. What is so hard to understand about this? Just what makes so many liberals/leftists so damned shallow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality