Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Thankfully no one in the scientific world thinks that you have to personally be able to see something in order to establish it is there. If people operated at this level of ridiculous standards of proof there would be no science done anywhere. Demanding ridiculous standards of proof might be useful for trolling people on a forum, but it sure is not useful in the world of science.
Seeing something for yourself, having personal experience, is a ridiculous standard of proof? It is the only valid form of proof.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well you didn't actually. Take a look at the above. Clearly skoro was referring to the many religions that are now on the dusty shelves of mythology. You clearly asked him to name one of them. He gave you 5.
Rafius,rafius,rafius,if you actually go back to the original conversation,which you werent even involved in you would see that although i know what yer man/woman said,i particularly asked about hindu religions,you must of skiped a few posts then just tryed to make me look stupid,but your attempt failed,BTW those officials should be shot,wales could only beat us through robbery,but to be honest neither team deserved to win,we played crap but the bad desision cost us the game,good luck in the next one.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
BTW those officials should be shot,wales could only beat us through robbery,but to be honest neither team deserved to win,we played crap but the bad desision cost us the game,good luck in the next one.
Made up for all the forward passes, knock ons, offsides and crossings that he missed from your side I guess.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:40 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Seeing something for yourself, having personal experience, is a ridiculous standard of proof? It is the only valid form of proof.
You can't "see for yourself" the distance to the sun/moon/stars. Most of what we know, is measured indirectly.

Your tendency to pout nonsense is amazing.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The only thing your post served to do was make you sound like a self-important twit.
Then you should feel right at home. Atheists are renowned for that.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
I have quoted you.
You have only quoted things I have said. You have not yet quoted me saying what you claimed I said however.

The reason you have not quoted me saying those words, is because I NEVER SAID THEM. But you prefer to keep lying, lying again, and then lying some more rather than admit I never said them.

Again:

1) You asked how you can establish something is there if you can not see it POST #184

2) I answered that thinking you have to see something in order to know it is there is a ridiculous standard of proof #185

3) YOU not me brought up “taking peoples word for it”. I never once said anything about personal experience OR taking peoples word for it. #186

4) I asked when I EVER suggested taking peoples word for it #187

5) You outright lied and said I told you to take peoples "say so" #188

QUOTE WHERE I SAID THAT! OR ADMIT YOU LIED.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
That is not what I said. There are other "personal experiences" aside from actually seeing something.

So no I NEVER SAID That personal experience is the "ridiculous standard". I said that solely relying on sight is a "ridiculous standard".

But you prefer to keep lying and pretend that is not what I meant, which is fine with me. The reason I am happy to go around in circles on this is that your continued dishonesty is allowing me to show the rest of the forum the level you operate at.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
That is not what I said. There are other "personal experiences" aside from actually seeing something.

So no I NEVER SAID That personal experience is the "ridiculous standard". I said that solely relying on sight is a "ridiculous standard".

But you prefer to keep lying and pretend that is not what I meant, which is fine with me. The reason I am happy to go around in circles on this is that your continued dishonesty is allowing me to show the rest of the forum the level you operate at.

This may not be the only message you are giving the 'rest of the forum'.
Give it up fercrissake.We got it already.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This may not be the only message you are giving the 'rest of the forum'.
Give it up fercrissake.We got it already.
I am going to go with a "no" on that one, but thanks for the advice

I have every right to point out when I have had words put in my mouth, and another user is lying about what I said.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Made up for all the forward passes, knock ons, offsides and crossings that he missed from your side I guess.
there was a few on either side,but sure it dosent bother me,ireland are the better team anyway,yiz got lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality