Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

i mean come on don't you think god would have layed down explicit laws that are not so vague.i mean we are talking about a god that created the whole univeres in just 6 days.. or???>> could it be he didn't have enough power left after creating the universe to give moses a lighter material to write his laws on but two stone tablets..>>>i would think he would have given moses a lap top
  1. You shall have no other gods before me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.�
[CENTER]JUDAISM

St. AUGUSTINE
Catholics and Lutherans

ORIGEN
Orthodox and
Other Protestants[/CENTER]
1 [CENTER]I am the Lord thy God who have brought thee out of the house of bondage.
I am the Lord thy God and thou shalt not have any strange gods before me.
I am the Lord thy God and thou shalt not have other gods besides me. [/CENTER]
2 Thou shalt have no other gods besides me. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. Thou shalt not make for thyself any graven image. 3 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. 4 Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. Honor thy Father and Mother. Remember the Lord's Day to keep it holy. 5 Honor thy Father and Mother. Thou shalt not kill. Honor thy Father and Mother. 6 Thou shalt not murder. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not kill. 7 Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not commit adultery. 8 Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Thou shalt not steal. 9 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. 10 Thou shalt not covet. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods. Thou shalt not covet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 12:00 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
could it be he didn't have enough power left after creating the universe to give moses a lighter material to write his laws on but two stone tablets..
Well he did have to take a nap on the 7th day!! The only 'creator' god in the history of man-made gods that had to take a rest!!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
No one can decipher legalese, not even lawyers.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:31 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Prophets are better than lawyers and a heck of a lot more honest.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Prophets are better than lawyers and a heck of a lot more honest.
I disagree. At least with lawyers it's usually a short term situation that they milk you. Prophets, however, attempt to suck money out of you for life.
As far as honesty goes, I don't have much respect for either but at least in law an attorney can face charges on ethics violations.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
God knew not to hang around with lawyers. Sooner or later they would sue god for non-performance and all the false promises and meaninless prophecies. Just ask the Pope if he likes the lawyers suing the church's butt thanks to the widespread presence of child molesters in the flock. "God" wants you to blindly trust him (have "faith") and not try to examine anything in court or a science lab.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I disagree. At least with lawyers it's usually a short term situation that they milk you. Prophets, however, attempt to suck money out of you for life.
As far as honesty goes, I don't have much respect for either but at least in law an attorney can face charges on ethics violations.

remember waco, wacko, and the hale boppers. death and destructiong can happen when following a so called prophet.. i had a few to many rums when i did this thread............>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

but that rum got me thinking, that if i was a god and wanted billions of beoples to believe in me and follow my laws,??? i would have definitely been way more explicit than the way the ten commandments are worded.. just my 3.5 cents i agree a prophet is worse than a lawyer.. a lawyer will milk$$$$$$ outa you ,,but a prophet will suck $$$$$ while telling you that if you do not obey gods laws you will roast in hell for eternity at 7000 degrees f

Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Before there were laws, there weren't any lawyers.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:38 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
ya, but a supposed lord could have known these issues would come up......

Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

One of the first things men decide to do when they establish society is to establish laws and rules. The lawyers follow.

I am personally against society, and against laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality