Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times

Advertisements

I just want to know why you are on this forum (religion and philosophy). Also, if you feel you have a deeper purpose in life, what is it?

My purpose:

I learned long ago that I am here to make dynamic actions that facilitate change, simplification and improvement. My personal energy is one that in a positive sense can fracture the known so there can be space for the unknown new things (approaches, beliefs, etc.) to fit in. I will face resistance from those that are not ready for or are open to change, but I know that I have the energy to see the resistance dissolved.

My spirit is of the wolf. I am here to sniff out the truth and track it down. To lead others to the truths out there, and to chase off those that deny and mean to hide these truths. I am here to scatter the herd, only to round it up again.

I am on a journey for knowledge, to seek out what lays before us, some visible and known, and some hidden, possibly locked away until the timing is right.

On this site and in everyday life, I am on a mission to understand what people believe. To stir the crowd in order to find the truth. I am on both sides, I argue in favor of both believers and non believers so that I can understand them both. I have an open mind. Ready to digest any and all information that leads me to the truth.

How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
My ex-girlfriend wanted to move to another state, so we were looking at different towns in that state.

I happened across the forums, and I enjoy expressing my opinion, even if there's a hollow echo in response.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I'm here because it gives me something to do besides the work I should be doing.

I have to say FK, you come off as kinda new-age scary, but as one who is on a journey of knowledge too (though maybe slightly less esoteric), I hope your journey is fruitful.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm here because it gives me something to do besides the work I should be doing.

I have to say FK, you come off as kinda new-age scary, but as one who is on a journey of knowledge too (though maybe slightly less esoteric), I hope your journey is fruitful.
You can call me new-age, christian, atheist, agnostic, monotheistic, polytheistic, etc. I am every faith and religion. Even those that I have not yet learned about.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:09 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Now that really is scary.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:23 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
I'm here to defend the cause of Christ.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Now that really is scary.
Why is that scary? An open mind is better than a closed mind, isn't it?

Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Can't he do that himself? I thought he was supposed to be omnimax.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And that would be because the imaginary are incapable of defending themselves. Santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, etc. all need advocates as stand-ins as they don't exist.

If god, jesus, etc. were 0.00001% as powerful as they are said to be, there would be no need to defend them or attempt to prove their existence.......... but since they ain't, we are left with mere mortals attempting to defend the absurdity of gods.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Can't he do that himself? I thought he was supposed to be omnimax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And that would be because the imaginary are incapable of defending themselves. Santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, etc. all need advocates as stand-ins as they don't exist.

If god, jesus, etc. were 0.00001% as powerful as they are said to be, there would be no need to defend them or attempt to prove their existence.......... but since they ain't, we are left with mere mortals attempting to defend the absurdity of gods.
Folks, I would like to ask you not to criticize someone for their beliefs. If you want tolerance on their part then you must give it in return.

Just post what you believe, if you don't believe in anything simply put that you don't have any beliefs.

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality