Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times

Advertisements

Grant Storms Arrested: Anti-Gay Christian Pastor Charged Over Public Masturbation

Quote:
According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, one woman saw Storms parked in his van "looking at the playground area that contained children playing, with his zipper down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
You can say what you like about paedophiles but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:28 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Sure he was caught "redhanded" due to the blisters on his hand.
Or you could say it was "the hand of god at work"
Or a idle hand is the devils playground, but his were certainly busy.
Maybe we could get Chuck Norris to play his role in a made for TV movie called "Fist of Fury Too"

Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
Cases like this creepy slug are helping to create untold thousands of smart, level-minded atheists all over the country.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
how come we never hear of any atheist peodophiles gettin posted on this forum ,im sure there are just as many as there are theist,its a sick disease anyway,but i did noticde that the first sign of a news real about preist or whatever it goes straight up here on CD,and i think they should all be rapped bye gorillas anyway,but ill let karma sort that out,but no-one ever posts about an atheists doin these things,its not s if they dont exist,atheist peado's that is.yep big gorillas.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Cases like this creepy slug are helping to create untold thousands of smart, level-minded atheists all over the country.

Here's hoping, anyway.
what about those atheists that rape and murder,they must be thinkin of converting then are they

Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
how come we never hear of any atheist peodophiles gettin posted on this forum ,im sure there are just as many as there are theist,its a sick disease anyway,but i did noticde that the first sign of a news real about preist or whatever it goes straight up here on CD,and i think they should all be rapped bye gorillas anyway,but ill let karma sort that out,but no-one ever posts about an atheists doin these things,its not s if they dont exist,atheist peado's that is.yep big gorillas.
No way there are as many atheist offenders...In fact I have never heard of even one...Have you?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
It's not just the crime itself - it's the hypocrisy. An atheist isn't going around condemning all non-atheists as sinners and saying how evil and wrong homosexuality is. If an atheists gets in trouble for these things - it's still sick and wrong - but at least the guy's not being an out and out hypocrite. I think that's the point.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No way there are as many atheist offenders...In fact I have never heard of even one...Have you?
I read a story of an allegedly atheist teen raping and murdering a girl.

The killers: Younger teen called himself "nihilistic atheist" on Facebook; older teen tried to lure other girl (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/killers+Younger+teen+called+himself+nihilistic+ath eist+Facebook+older/3737200/story.html - broken link)

Kenneth Eng was an avowed atheist who threatened a neighbor with a hammer and praised a mass-murderer. (He was in a SF webzine I was published in) His racist screed "Why I Hate Blacks" disparaged them, in part, for being religious.

Columnist sent to mental health program - USATODAY.com

Considering atheists tend to be majority male it would be highly unusual for there to be no rapists and pedophiles among you. Even if you're "special" it's unlikely you are that special. I know the science fiction convention world has had some notable cases and they tend to be disproportionately atheists.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 03-02-2011 at 11:05 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
I made no claim that there were no atheist offenders...I just said I had never heard of one, which is hardly surprising since we are such a minority, and do not wear our non belief on our sleeves...Certainly I've not heard of any prominent atheist offenders.

Mostly the Christian offenders we hear about are those who are well known, or in a position of power of some sort. I'm sure many more who's belief or lack of goes unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality