Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 PM

79 posts, read 133,504 times

Advertisements

How to be happy?

Can we all be happy every moment of our life?

Whatever happens in life, its never forever...good times/bad times keeps passing. So then why cant we be happy every moment, no matter what situation we are in!!!

Do any of you think on the same lines...share some of your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vparent View Post
How to be happy?

Can we all be happy every moment of our life?

Whatever happens in life, its never forever...good times/bad times keeps passing. So then why cant we be happy every moment, no matter what situation we are in!!!

Do any of you think on the same lines...share some of your thoughts
I suppose it depends on what you mean by bad times. A long run of never getting what you want? Being poor? The death of a loved one? Betrayal by a best friend?
You're right, these things keep passing. It is possible to be happy (or at least serene) no matter what. There are a lot of discussions about the details of being a Christian with all the attendant scripture references. I think it's pretty easy to understand, if you ask me. All I know is that I'm gonna live until I die and then I'm just gonna keep on living. Here's what I'd like on my tombstone: "Oh well. Life goes on."

Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM

659 posts, read 1,098,584 times
Quote:

You just answered your own question. Whatever happens in life, it's never forever, including happiness. Fortunately the same can be said about misery.

However, if you can learn to accept this transience, calm your mind, and see things as they are, you may find yourself better equipped to enjoy the good times and deal with the bad times. At least, that's what a Buddhist would tell you.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 19,500,870 times
Quote:
How to be happy? Always look at the good side.

Can we all be happy every moment of our life? Probably not all. Some people seem to find pleasure in misery. But, yes, if you want to be happy every moment of your life, I think it is possible.

Whatever happens in life, its never forever...good times/bad times keeps passing. So then why cant we be happy every moment, no matter what situation we are in!!! We can, but too often we focus/dwell on bad things instead of looking for the good behind the bad.

Do any of you think on the same lines...share some of your thoughts Yes, quite often. It is part of my prayer life (or at least I try to make it so). I want peace and joy in my life (I prefer those terms to "happiness") and try to pray/meditate on how I can live the best life I possibly can.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,917,428 times
The things of the world are just short-term happiness whereas when we put our worries and care in the hands of the Lord we have happiness eternal.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Thumbs up Loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
The things of the world are just short-term happiness whereas when we put our worries and care in the hands of the Lord we have happiness eternal.

Love yr post

Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,103,552 times
I think that if we were happy all the time, happiness would lose it's meaning. Do I have a happy life? Yes. Am I happy with my life? Yes. Am I happy every single moment of my life? No. Sometimes I'm sad. Sometimes I'm frustrated. Sometimes I'm angry. Sometimes I'm scared. Because I feel all these different emotions - it makes being happy something truly... well, happy! I think that's it's only because we can experience all these different feelings and emotions that we can experience happiness. I wouldn't want to be happy 100% of the time. I think you can learn something from every moment, from every experience - even the bad ones.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Smile Simple truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think that if we were happy all the time, happiness would lose it's meaning. Do I have a happy life? Yes. Am I happy with my life? Yes. Am I happy every single moment of my life? No. Sometimes I'm sad. Sometimes I'm frustrated. Sometimes I'm angry. Sometimes I'm scared. Because I feel all these different emotions - it makes being happy something truly... well, happy! I think that's it's only because we can experience all these different feelings and emotions that we can experience happiness. I wouldn't want to be happy 100% of the time. I think you can learn something from every moment, from every experience - even the bad ones.
Simple truth..thanks for posting...nice one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality