Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Straw man.

Would you have doctors make something up as an explanation if they had no idea and no evidence to give them a clue? Maybe they can bleed you with leeches, it
must be corrupted blood that caused it!
Logic is definitely my friend...it most obviously can't be yours. Please do us all a favor and switch to an appropriate pseudonym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Ad hom? That's precious. Actually, it's simply calling a spade a spade.

You're not going to engage in a back and forth discussion for reasons that are quite obvious - namely, you have nothing to offer besides unsubstantiated nonsense.

It will play well to the local peanut gallery and you'll get some highly esteemed "reps."

Bravo, congratulations!

I will have to give you credit for actually making me think that it all might actually be worth my time. You had me going for a while.
I just offered up the entire universe as evidence. You have steadfastly refused to accept the big bang in your arguments. Since the vast majority of the world's scientists accept the big bang theory, and you don't (which is not surprising since it does have a few complicated words in it), then obviously you have an alternative that better fits the data (that blue, green, yellow, and red image, above). You DO have an alternative, right? I mean, aside from "god did it". Well?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

This does NOT prove a god created life. The universe is big enough to make such odds possible. And if we were the lucky number, we would never know any different.
I think for many it boils down to "science is hard, fairy tales are easy" as one cannot possibly take religious dogma seriously and think.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I just offered up the entire universe as evidence. You have steadfastly refused to accept the big bang in your arguments. Since the vast majority of the world's scientists accept the big bang theory, and you don't (which is not surprising since it does have a few complicated words in it), then obviously you have an alternative that better fits the data (that blue, green, yellow, and red image, above). You DO have an alternative, right? I mean, aside from "god did it". Well?
Based on your obvious reluctance to answer my questions, why would I waste my time answering yours?

A discussion is supposed to be a two-way street. You want answers, try providing some yourself.

...back to you.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Based on your obvious reluctance to answer my questions, why would I waste my time answering yours?

A discussion is supposed to be a two-way street. You want answers, try providing some yourself.

...back to you.
I answered your questions. But you obviously have an alternative theory that you are thinking of, right? Can you tell us what it is, or is it a big secret?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:22 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:

...back to you.
Your question were answered, but you just don't like the answers and reply with insults...That is typical of the way you "debate", and I use the term debate loosely.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I answered your questions. But you obviously have an alternative theory that you are thinking of, right? Can you tell us what it is, or is it a big secret?
Sure. Just as soon as you demonstrate some willingness to answer my questions.

...but I have to give credit where credit is due, not answering is probably a much better tactic than dodging, ducking or filibustering.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Sure. Just as soon as you demonstrate some willingness to answer my questions.

...but I have to give credit where credit is due, not answering is probably a much better tactic than dodging, ducking or filibustering.

I'm not going to waste my time playing your games. I've answered your questions. If my response doesn't satisfy your curiosity, that is obviously your problem, not mine. If you have a more satisifactory explanation, particularly one that explains the huge volumes of data that we possess, I'm certain every member of this forum, myself included, is more than willing to entertain it. Otherwise, stop wasting bandwidth.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Hey orogenicman, is it true that God doesn't exist?
good point... but then again, is it true that the Creator isn't evil?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
good point... but then again, is it true that the Creator isn't evil?
If there is no Creator, how can good and evil exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality