Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I understand that as a believer that takes the bible literally you believe in the ark, and facts be damned, that is what you believe.

But what rational do you use to defend this cast of incompetents and their 'supposed' but clearly unproven find?

Here is where your obsessive compulsion for proof erases all reasoning from your mind. These are not characters in the book you put so much faith in, but just men maybe with a passion, or maybe just a passion for money by duping the gullible. I suspect the latter, as a well executed con job could be very profitable for them.

I don't believe facts should be damned, or ignored. And the main guy Dr. Price who has called the finding of the NAMI a fraud, has been found to be posting a fake letter to support his claim. Now that is a fact I will not ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default The undeniable meets the incorrigible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I don't believe facts should be damned, or ignored. And the main guy Dr. Price who has called the finding of the NAMI a fraud, has been found to be posting a fake letter to support his claim. Now that is a fact I will not ignore.
Actually, you're selectively believing what you choose to believe. Your so-called main guy, Dr. Price, provided ample factual evidence, co-signed by another tenured professor, as to what happened. He included copies of documents, of transcripts and e-mails, which you now claim, with nothing better than your fervent hopes, are ALL forged or lies. Riiiighttt...

Since then, others have come forward with the same claims of fraud, as my later provided links clearly show. But then NAMI, trying to avoid being sued, had those two itinerant workers provide their faked counter-version of what happened, and guess which one C34 chooses to believe? Go ahead: guess. Duhhhh!

The second link I provided to The World of Bible Ministries, who don't just go off half-cocked on this stuff, provides yet another independent line of criticism of NAMI from that established and irrefutible Canadian geologist, Dr. Laing. That letter completely confirms NAMI's truly scurrilous nature. But of course, our Tom here won't even read that one, because, well... you know, it would kill his belief in this total write-off. He just leaps back onto that other sinking ship, his determination that Dr. Price just had to be wrong....

Hmmm... What about the many valid claims and concerns of Dr. Laing's, Tom? Huh? Cat got'chur tongue here? Your insightful point-form refutations of his commentary? When can we expect that response, huh? (ans: never)

Tom believes that, in fact, amidst a violent snow and wind storm, and absent oxygen or appropriate climbing gear and protective clothing, NAMI did locate, dig down into, carry ladders and lamps down in to, and wander through a complete intact Ark up on Ararat, finding, exploring and photo-documenting it all in one violently snowy afternoon. and then had time to get back to hteir high base camp. (PS: Tom has obviously never spent any time on unpredictable mountains far above the 10,000 foot level... in summer clothes...).

Oh, but then they "retrieved" an obviously faked burnt balsa-wood "artifact" which they would not allow anyone else to study... . Not to mention pix of spider webs and straw, an obvious component of any buried and often submerged ice cave at the 14,000 foot level... Hee Hee...

Hey: if it has a Noah's Ark stamp of approval, it matters not to Tom what the faker claims are: IT MUST BE TRUE!

Anyhow, he's not the only reader here. Others, with obviously better minds and a more rational outlook, can make their own minds up. After all, the rest of the Christian world has, including many of NAMI's original Asian church supporters and investors. NAMI has ZERO reputation now, except with Tom here.. Fact: NAMI will never re-appear (after all, by now, they were to have provided "the video documentation to end all video documentation!") and the Turkish government is done with them. The free joyride is officially over.

Hey; go for it, Tom. Keep on truckin', my boy! It's interesting to watch true delusion at work, not to mention intellectual dishonesty.

Get back to us in a year, or earlier, with your proof of the NAMI Ark "find", or if they show their frightened little heads any time soon... Because they have obviously used up all their ill-gotten money, and no-one's going to grant them any more now. So, they have obviously skulked off back to whatever other scam they can muster up. Once a felon, always a felon, I say. Same goes for Ertugrul, the lazy thief.

Meantime, if, as I suspect, they are sued for fraud, I'll let you know. you know, soz you can then deny the court order, or claim the judge is also lying....

Last edited by rifleman; 03-23-2011 at 07:04 AM..

Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Actually, you're selectively believing what you choose to believe. Your so-called main guy, Dr. Price, provided ample factual evidence, co-signed by another tenured professor, as to what happened. He included copies of documents, of transcripts and e-mails, which you now claim, with nothing better than your fervent hopes, are ALL forged or lies. Riiiighttt...

Since then, others have come forward with the same claims of fraud, as my later provided links clearly show. But then NAMI, trying to avoid being sued, had those two itinerant workers provide their faked counter-version of what happened, and guess which one C34 chooses to believe? Go ahead: guess. Duhhhh!

The second link I provided to The World of Bible Ministries, who don't just go off half-cocked on this stuff, provides yet another independent line of criticism of NAMI from that established and irrefutible Canadian geologist, Dr. Laing. That letter completely confirms NAMI's truly scurrilous nature. But of course, our Tom here won't even read that one, because, well... you know, it would kill his belief in this total write-off. He just leaps back onto that other sinking ship, his determination that Dr. Price just had to be wrong....

Hmmm... What about the many valid claims and concerns of Dr. Laing's, Tom? Huh? Cat got'chur tongue here? Your insightful point-form refutations of his commentary? When can we expect that response, huh? (ans: never)

Tom believes that, in fact, amidst a violent snow and wind storm, and absent oxygen or appropriate climbing gear and protective clothing, NAMI did locate, dig down into, carry ladders and lamps down in to, and wander through a complete intact Ark up on Ararat, finding, exploring and photo-documenting it all in one violently snowy afternoon. and then had time to get back to hteir high base camp. (PS: Tom has obviously never spent any time on unpredictable mountains far above the 10,000 foot level... in summer clothes...).

Oh, but then they "retrieved" an obviously faked burnt balsa-wood "artifact" which they would not allow anyone else to study... . Not to mention pix of spider webs and straw, an obvious component of any buried and often submerged ice cave at the 14,000 foot level... Hee Hee...

Hey: if it has a Noah's Ark stamp of approval, it matters not to Tom what the faker claims are: IT MUST BE TRUE!

Anyhow, he's not the only reader here. Others, with obviously better minds and a more rational outlook, can make their own minds up. After all, the rest of the Christian world has, including many of NAMI's original Asian church supporters and investors. NAMI has ZERO reputation now, except with Tom here.. Fact: NAMI will never re-appear (after all, by now, they were to have provided "the video documentation to end all video documentation!") and the Turkish government is done with them. The free joyride is officially over.

Hey; go for it, Tom. Keep on truckin', my boy! It's interesting to watch true delusion at work, not to mention intellectual dishonesty.

Get back to us in a year, or earlier, with your proof of the NAMI Ark "find", or if they show their frightened little heads any time soon... Because they have obviously used up all their ill-gotten money, and no-one's going to grant them any more now. So, they have obviously skulked off back to whatever other scam they can muster up. Once a felon, always a felon, I say. Same goes for Ertugrul, the lazy thief.

Meantime, if, as I suspect, they are sued for fraud, I'll let you know. you know, soz you can then deny the court order, or claim the judge is also lying....

The people who were said to of written the letter, the one saying they built the structure on Mt. Ararat clearly stated they knew nothing about it. Even their signatures did not match. How delusional can one be to ignore that. And it was Dr. Price who posted this as confirmed evidence for his case.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
The people who were said to of written the letter, the one saying they built the structure on Mt. Ararat clearly stated they knew nothing about it. Even their signatures did not match. How delusional can one be to ignore that. And it was Dr. Price who posted this as confirmed evidence for his case.
You need to STOP defending the NAMI criminals...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You need to STOP defending the NAMI criminals...
You need to stop calling people criminals unless you have REAL EVIDENCE against them. Personal opinion does not count for evidence. And when we do have evidence for fraud as we do with the letter posted by Dr. Price. We should not ignore that.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
You need to stop calling people criminals unless you have REAL EVIDENCE against them. Personal opinion does not count for evidence. And when we do have evidence for fraud as we do with the letter posted by Dr. Price. We should not ignore that.
You know Tom, you are trying to prove that your god actually murdered every person on the planet, save for the 'in crowd' on the boat.

Please tell me how you or anyone can justify the murder of all of the infants, babies, toddlers, and children because he was ticked off at a few grown up. That is just sick sick sick reasoning, and you are defending that

Exactly what horrific sin did an infant still suckling at their mothers breast do to deserve to be executed by this man manlike god? I would think that anyone that actually believed in this absurdity would be trying to keep it low profile as it shows that the god that did it is one sick sadistic murderous mental case.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
It's weird. They can put a man on the moon but they can't find a boat that would have to be the size of an aircraft carrier with GPS.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Some of the facts of the report are verifiied, yet the conclusion is far from reality. And do your really believe two brothers built this huge structure forty feet below the ice, 12,000 feet up on Mt. Ararat? Price has already been exposed as one publishing false information, NAMI has not. I find the false information that was posted by Price, is what is most Sad and Dishonest. His claim that the NAMI find is a fraud, is based on his opinion. Not on any real evidence.

it's amazing what someone will do to get in the lime light..

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Your own favorite sites agree that it is a fraud, and that makes NAMI a bunch of criminals

Creation ministries says HOAX... Noahs ark or what

These folks agree... Has Noah's Ark been found

And so do these people.. Noah's Ark Discovery Likely a Hoax - LSI

Quote:
The Australian group, Creation Ministries International (CMI), has been
closely following this story. They had previously reported rumors that the
whole event was staged. There is an apparent inconsistency in the
construction of the parts of the wooden structure with one of the beams
appearing to have been finished with a stone ax while another plank
showing evidence of being finished with metal tools. A cross section cut
of one of the pieces of wood shows a "bright, fresh" interior with the
exterior appearing to be artificially blackened with ash and heat.
More fraud evidence here... The Great Noah's Ark Hoax (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/mistic_06.htm - broken link)

Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Repetitious Blather and Denial...

Exactly, sans. As well, our boy here will not comment on the other link I provided, in which a very competent Canadian scientist, Dr. Laing, has outlined, in a lengthy letter, all the reasons he and a number of independent church leaders and fund-raisers have simultaneously concluded this was an complete fakery.

And yet, when pressed, our boy Tom can only re-parrot his lone (and factually incorrect, BTW...) "Dr. Price" defense. A blatantly obvious FAIL.

Well, as I said, Tom, please do advise us when NAMI re-surfaces on the mountain with their next well-funded "team" of experts and provides compelling and validated evidence they have found The Ark.

PS: I'll send money to your favorite church charity when that happens. Along with my heartfelt apology to you for my commentary to date. Otherwise, you'll have to personally accept and agree that you've been duped. Along with a lot of other Christians (Though they have, of course, already realized this fact...).

(BTW, how much money did you send to NAMI? Must have been quite a lot!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality