Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times

Advertisements

No laddie, Kent Hovind has not refuted any scientific claims of SA scientists, he has not even seen it. I know the idea of advanced flow rates he uses for those spiky thingamajigs in caves but that theory fails as there is a optimal flow rate to allow growth, too fast, nothing forms, too slow, it clogs up and stops. He also suggests a cave in America somewhere where there is acidic water that increases the flow but alas here in sunny Africa, none of that exists and the argument fails because then increased flow means no growth leaving deposits. See these caves ARE ACTIVE IOW they are still growing them spiky thingamajigs, The observed growth rate is proven fact accepted by the entire scientific community.

There are of course related fields of science that confirms this stuff like annual rainfall calculated from tree rings and other stuff like varves of lakes in the area, you know the simple stuff we can observe and measure with more than just a ruler.

Oh we also have ice cores in the antarctic that date to about 750,000 years and this is where the annual snowfall is very very low, also observable layers. Has ancient volcanic ash deposits and stuff like that.

Seems laddie you entered in here with absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of what you are talking of and claim you have looked at all the evidence. Your bad luck to find someone from across the pond to enlighten you, just think if I was not here, you would never have been exposed to these irritating factoids.

Oh BTW, our nearest volcano is Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and that is inactive and dated to 360,000 years since the last eruption.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
What's amazing is that science and history supports God and intelligent design. It does not support Evolution. Science disproves evolution. So we should ask ourselves why has our entire civilization adopted this nonsensical religion, which is what it is. Just as Christians can not say where God came from, neither can the evolutionists explain where nothing or their period dot came from (their g-d. they can't even figure out if it is a dot or nothing).

It is imperative as Christians we understand why this debunked religion of evolution is being indoctrinated to all of the children of this world. The very mystery of dinosaurs has been the evolutionist indoctrination tool for brain washing the most vulnerable minds of society - our children. While I have no direct children of my own, all these young ones we as adults are responsible for. Satan has attacked the most precious of God's children, and we have allowed it to continue. It was the indoctrination of my generation, and one of the primary reasons I found it difficult to take the Bible seriously initially. I used to think evolution was true, but now I know better.

It is no secret that the federal government's involvement in the public school system is the primary reason for this indoctrination of lies. It is also no secret that many of the universities have been pushing for this indoctrination as well. A Bible believing scientist looking to prove creationism is at odds with a society that has an agenda towards maintaining the flawed status quo religion of evolution. The first thing Satan did was question the word of God, and has done it again. Now many that have been indoctrinated to this have believed the lie and sadly will be lost to God's plan of redemption.

I recommend watching these videos. Dr. Kent Hovind is currently paying the price for taking on the big boys that don't want this message to get out. May God bless him for his work.

Part 1 - Dr. Kent Hovind - The Age of the Earth

Here are some links you might want to watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vi...3481305829426D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJX6...6AFB53A6F002CC

Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Just when I thought it was safe to trawl through the Religion and Philosophy forum.... Hilarious in a " aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sort of way. One better laugh because the alternative is just too chilling.

Evolution disproved in front of our very own eyes. Human intellectual "regression" in action live on your computer screens, Ladies and Gentleman. Hold on to your tin foil hats , the ride is just about to get a lot more interesting. No, actually not really. Sometimes I really am seriously glad not to live in the Land of the Free ( I assume the OP is American though I may be wrong , we do have our own religious kooks here too, just a lot less of them and they tend to get ignored ).

The Tooth Fairy and my Garden Gnome are calling , better go and listen to the voices in my head, it could be important...
I'd listen to the gnome. It would be more fun, anway.

Unfortunately, most of us have been on this ride so many times that it's getting pretty damn boring... Yet still we return... over and over again.

Squashing false science and creationist arguments is like trying to exterminate cockroaches, one by one.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:18 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default Clearly an array of idiotic statements.

My last commentary on your nonsense, since you obviously are not here to debate, but rather to inject your ideas, which clearly have not been well thought out.; BTW, are you by chance a Muslim? Just curious. Can or will you answer this simple question honestly?

Quote:
I find it amazing how science and evolution contradicts itself. Here is the most obvious observation.

The smallest, most simple element and atom Hydrogen. Based upon chemistry, physics, astonomy, etc; the hydrogen atom is matter. Based upon scientific law, matter has time and space. Based on science, matter cannot be created nor destroyed - only transferred.

Size of the atom Hydrogen is 10^-10 meters
Size of Hydrogen </head>

Why does this one point disprove evolution theory?

How many Hydrogen atoms alone would fit in this <.> period? How many would fit into nothing? The point is if we are held to the laws of physics, this notion in itself is ridiculous.

This is science. The laws of science disprove this ridiculous religion.
What ARE you getting at here? I have no idea. The so-called "Laws of Science" disprove what again? Huh? But, I will say that science is always open to revising or improving it's ideas, unlike religion, which clearly rejects critical thinking or new ideas. Otherwise, we'd have advanced a lot further than we did in the Age of Darkness.

Do you reject the Scientific Method? How? in what ways, In what specific areas does it fail? Can you even outline it's main requirements? I doubt it. but please, prove me wrong. Now.

Quote:
And show me the evidence these are as old as you say they are. Radioactive carbon dating is only useful for a couple thousand years. The older the time is, the less and noneffective it becomes. So show me some evidence, not just "Dr. Seuss at University __________ funded by government _________ said so."
You are obviously completely ignorant of all the now proven methods of artifact dating, especially those of Carbon 14 isotopic decay rates, which allow accurate dating back to at least 50,000 years. Even when we allow for statistical errors or natural variability, it's still way more accurate than, say, 60000 years! You are pathologically ignorant of what you speak here.

Quote:
Consider yourself blessed because you are home schooled. You should watch those videos. My argument isn't whether Hydrogen exists. That is observable. What is observable and tested is science. An atom has both matter and space. It is not created nor destroyed, only transferred. So how did something come from nothing or a small dot. The more important question is how did the "void" or small dot get there?! Just as Christians can't explain how God got their, neither can the evolutionists explain about their dot of nothing. Therefore it is not science, but just another religion.

Quote:
You assume an anthropological [i.e.: human based] origin, one that we simple, not-so-intelligent hominids can comprehend or accept. But the truth may be something entirely different, not even perceivable by humans. I often note that my cat cannot understand how my VCR works. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Hardly.

We humans have traditionally sought an explanation for the universe that fits with our ideas of acceptability and rationality. (though we completely abandon it when we say, on the one hand, that "you cannot make something out of nothing!" and the, in the next confusing and illogical sentence, claim that "God came from nothing, and made the universe out of nothing!". Good one! Picked right out of The Big Book of Parrotable but Idiotic Phrases)
This is simply not a necessary component of anything. But it apparently is for you, so you are necessarily captive of human thinking limits. So be it. Lucky you!
I recommend you look up some of Chuck Missler's videos to start off on some Bible study. You might be surprised. This goes for everyone else as well.
When I do visit such information sources, I always find it full of mis-information and lies, all meant to mislead the gullible. So you want me to watch more of it? Not likely, since you won't go to sites I'd like you to read. Heck; you even buy into Kent Hovind's felonious drivel!

Quote:
You put these here and they are debunked in Hovind's video. The growth rate on these is not even observable by science.
What? Why not? And what of all the other easily measured things? You deny everything that the SM has provided us? you conveniently dis-allow everything that this established method of rational thought has found out, simply because it kills of your precious religion? How Convenient for you!

Quote:
Quite easy. If world was proven to be 4.5 billion years old, it would discredit the Bible as the creation account. According to the Bible, this world is 6000 years old. If the world was 4.5 Billion years old, the Bible and the concept of God would be wrong. The problem is it isn't, but many have been lost because of this lie.
Quote:
Answ: the documented writings of the Chinese and Japanese (an even older culture) with many scholars all writing about their experiences. Their writings go well past 6000 years, and do not mention a global Noah's flood (nor did their nearby neighbors, the Ehgyptians, who might have noticed the inundation of their pyramids while those were under construction! ).

Remember: the ME (middle eastern) desert sheep heerders were rather late in their cultural awakening, and yet they assume theirs was the origin of it all. To now realize it was all a big fairy tale; must be a bit of a culture shock for them, huh? Well, so sorry.
or the existence of tame dinosaurs, etc. etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh my goodness, someone is very confused and needs some educating.

For a start, Kent Hovind is a convicted criminal which is hardly a nice reflection on his christianity.

Here's a couple of basic Evolution 101 web pages to read;

Welcome to Evolution 101!

Showcasing the evidence for evolution - Laurence D. Hurst - Nature - RichardDawkins.net

What is Evolution?

When are you more versed on this topic, then come back and attempt to debate.
Exactly. His ignorance of the subject, and of science in general, is truly sad. I doubt this poster will bother to visit or learn anything about both the origins of life here, or of how it then Evolved into the vast differentiation we can count now.

We're up to well over 35+ million individual species to date, with another probable 30 - 40 M to go. Not to mention the numbers that have gone extinct already. Try to get a few dozen of each type and sex onto the Ark. Funny!

Religion loves and champions vast scientific illiteracy. Otherwise it's too threatened.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'd listen to the gnome. It would be more fun, anway.

Unfortunately, most of us have been on this ride so many times that it's getting pretty damn boring... Yet still we return... over and over again.

Squashing false science and creationist arguments is like trying to exterminate cockroaches, one by one.

I must admit I would love to visit the "creationism" museum in Kentucky ( not paying for it of course) as I am genuinely curious as to how loony it can really get. It looks hilarious on "youtube". They have a "Dinosaur Dig" this summer the moment which as an Archaeologist I would just so looooooooooooove to take part in !! It sounds profoundly hilarious ( and scary at the same time).

I do find it rather depressing that in this 21st Century, after the Renaissance, after the Age of Enlightenment, after so much intellectual blossoming of science and the rise of reason and logic over blind faith , that still so many people seem unable to deal with facts. Not fuzzy, warm feelings of faith but facts. Backed up by empirical evidence .

We have this astonishing power of rationality and of intellectual enquiry and some chose to squander this most amazing gift of all on cerebral stagnation of the first order.

Religion so deeply ingrained that not even a smidgen of reason can enter the consciousness of those too blind to see. Is anything quite as depressing as the sheer waste of intellectual potential ? The most terrible thing is the perpetuation of those creationist fairy tales as "truth" and the endoctrination of children so that yet another generation of scientific illiteracy comes to take the place of their parents'. Generation after generation of ignorance and the pride those people take in it make me want to scream .

Shameful but I suppose it would be too much to hope for a little knowledge and reason ?!

2011 but it might as well be 1011 for some people.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Conservation of matter.<<< While I used the conservation of energy, the points remain. Where did the matter come from?
You are clearly not understanding the conservation of mass concept. You are clearly not understanding any of these proven concepts. And once again - just because you don't understand something, it does not make it incorrect. When I don't understand something that is important to me - I educate myself, I don't just assume it is not true.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM

912 posts, read 827,025 times
Creationism, suggests that God is a deceiver that CANNOT be trusted in the information available
regarding the history of the earth.

Creationism installs a limitation in the God it promotes. The question is which God is creationism promoting...the God of deception, or the God of reality.

It is abundantly clear that creationism is a very dark movement . An anti God movement which without surprise injects, dis-harmony, depletion of hard earned revenues, waste of valuable time in a period which has NO TIME to play games with hired guns who promote this rag in attention to a "God of Lies"

The notion of genuine unity and charity would be the tell tale sign of a movement which has some integrity to Spiritual interest.
Is Creationism interested in these imp ingredients required in individual interior developemewnt..?

Of course not....they are.... not interested.... in individual spiritual growth, they are an anti_God movement which reflects a totally self absorbed focus on a frustrating and ridiculous stupidity.

Like a song on a commercial which is meant to irritate the nerves in order to provoke the sale.. creationism is a disruptive, menace to society.

There are so many serious problems with economy ect the anti-God movement see's opportunity to dig in and increase havoc on society.

If.....the earth is 6000 years old......the Creator would have deceived man . For what purpose..?

Its so ridiculous. Creationism is trying to borrow the good Christian theme and score some of the followers . But what does it offer..? A God who intentionally decieves you. If God created an earth which was manipulated to look billions of years old...what else is this God manipulating ?

I don't think attention is a good idea for these knucle heads...its hard not to set up and blast away ...amazing how you never find yourself addressing all the interesting issues ...with this group...they are definately ALL (distorted) Science. Its not religion at all.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
What's amazing is that science and history supports God and intelligent design. It does not support Evolution. Science disproves evolution. So we should ask ourselves why has our entire civilization adopted this nonsensical religion, which is what it is. Just as Christians can not say where God came from, neither can the evolutionists explain where nothing or their period dot came from (their g-d. they can't even figure out if it is a dot or nothing).

It is imperative as Christians we understand why this debunked religion of evolution is being indoctrinated to all of the children of this world. The very mystery of dinosaurs has been the evolutionist indoctrination tool for brain washing the most vulnerable minds of society - our children. While I have no direct children of my own, all these young ones we as adults are responsible for. Satan has attacked the most precious of God's children, and we have allowed it to continue. It was the indoctrination of my generation, and one of the primary reasons I found it difficult to take the Bible seriously initially. I used to think evolution was true, but now I know better.

It is no secret that the federal government's involvement in the public school system is the primary reason for this indoctrination of lies. It is also no secret that many of the universities have been pushing for this indoctrination as well. A Bible believing scientist looking to prove creationism is at odds with a society that has an agenda towards maintaining the flawed status quo religion of evolution. The first thing Satan did was question the word of God, and has done it again. Now many that have been indoctrinated to this have believed the lie and sadly will be lost to God's plan of redemption.

I recommend watching these videos. Dr. Kent Hovind is currently paying the price for taking on the big boys that don't want this message to get out. May God bless him for his work.

This is a joke, right?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I must admit I would love to visit the "creationism" museum in Kentucky ( not paying for it of course) as I am genuinely curious as to how loony it can really get. It looks hilarious on "youtube". They have a "Dinosaur Dig" this summer the moment which as an Archaeologist I would just so looooooooooooove to take part in !! It sounds profoundly hilarious ( and scary at the same time).

I do find it rather depressing that in this 21st Century, after the Renaissance, after the Age of Enlightenment, after so much intellectual blossoming of science and the rise of reason and logic over blind faith , that still so many people seem unable to deal with facts. Not fuzzy, warm feelings of faith but facts. Backed up by empirical evidence .

We have this astonishing power of rationality and of intellectual enquiry and some chose to squander this most amazing gift of all on cerebral stagnation of the first order.

Religion so deeply ingrained that not even a smidgen of reason can enter the consciousness of those too blind to see. Is anything quite as depressing as the sheer waste of intellectual potential ? The most terrible thing is the perpetuation of those creationist fairy tales as "truth" and the endoctrination of children so that yet another generation of scientific illiteracy comes to take the place of their parents'. Generation after generation of ignorance and the pride those people take in it make me want to scream .

Shameful but I suppose it would be too much to hope for a little knowledge and reason ?!

2011 but it might as well be 1011 for some people.
True, true, but what can we honestly expect from a bunch of hairless bipedal apes? If intelligent self-aware life had evolved from elephants or dolphins there would never have been a dark age(s); they'd probably be exploring the universe right now.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:

Attempting to discredit the source, can you discredit the points?
Thank god Kent Hovind no longer is a science teacher!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality