Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Just my theorizing of origins of these things. I do believe that much of our present morality has its basis in natural selection, things of that nature. I think "morality" came later.
Moderator cut: deleted Making up nonsense discredits your point, your credibility, and your ethics.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-03-2011 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Ancient mans wants *his* seed to come to fruition. A virgin is much, much more likely to facilitate this. The morality of the thing came later.
The bold statement you made simply means that a virgin is more likely too get pregnant than a non-virgin. I've never heard of that before. Since you made the statement, you are under the obligation to defend it or retract it. In a forum, that usually means posting some links to something believable so we can check your claim. Surely you must know of some government survey or something you can post.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The bold statement you made simply means that a virgin is more likely too get pregnant than a non-virgin. I've never heard of that before. Since you made the statement, you are under the obligation to defend it or retract it. In a forum, that usually means posting some links to something believable so we can check your claim. Surely you must know of some government survey or something you can post.
I was speaking more of early human history. Just a theory, no big deal, unbunch thy panties.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:02 AM

874 posts, read 1,648,019 times
I would wait until marriage... it just seems like the right thing to do. If she leaves to have sex with someone else, well, then that means she's a **** and isn't worth it.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Almost everyone loses their virginity before marriage. It is not a bad thing.
So many people say/assume this is true, but does anyone have actual stats to back it up? I don't doubt there's a lot of people who don't wait, but I think people drastically under-estimate how many people do wait.

Ideally, you both wait until marriage. This is not a bad thing. My wife and I were each other's first and I'm one of five siblings who all waited.

Some say that it's a downside that you don't know what it's like with anyone else -- but this is probably the best thing about the idea of waiting: You are thinking things like, "Sure sex with my wife is great but that other chick did X, Y and Z things in a way my wife just can't match." Well, if you never did X, Y and Z with some other woman/person, then you're not going to be thinking about it after you're married for 10 years and have three kids.

Think this sounds far fetched? I've seen quite a few marriages broken up by the husband or the wife hooking back up with an old boyfriend/girlfriend that did that certain special thing for them that their spouse couldn't. In several cases where I knew the couple extremely, extremely well, the couple was perfectly happy otherwise. Sure the typical struggles that go with any marriage were there, but the spouse that got left behind (with the kids usually) was willing to do anything to make the marriage work.

I think having a happy and stable marriage with reduced risk of divorce -- which always seems to scar the kids for life -- is a worthwhile cause. I think skipping the sexual experimentation stage is worth that. I think foregoing sleeping with every boyfriend/girlfriend you have is a small sacrifice to make. And I think you'll find that that you're more content in a monogamous marriage when you simply don't know what sex with anyone else is like. You still have a lot of things working against you, no question about it. But that's one less thing at least.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:34 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Okay, I am 23 years old(and a male by the way) and I have this girl as a friends who is 17 years old who I've known since January of this year(2011). I also met her parents a month later which they say that it's alright for us to remain friends until she(the girl who I'm friends with now) turns 18(which is next month in May) which will be okay for us to be a couple. Anyway, sometimes when I'm with her she is sometimes hypersexual(but not in a crazy way though) and she tries to get me to have sex with her, however most of the time I refrain from doing it with her because not only because of her age but....I want to remain a Virgin until marriage.And I also don't want to treat her like she's worthless by just using her for sex because I do respect her and take her seriously as a person and not treat her like she's nothing. She says that after she turns 18 this May on the 5th that she really wants to do it with me. Now I do want to do it with her but I would like to remain a Virgin until marriage but I think that since I've been putting her off so many times that she will go do it with someone else. I myself want to give her the best experiance and all along with me wanting to experiance sex but it's like that I have to compromise because since we're not married I don't want to lose my virginity before marriage, I don't drink nor smoke and have been that way since birth which I'm thankful for but my virginity is what makes me more rare besides those things.
Have some common decency Moderator cut: edit until she's at least 18. Otherwise, you'll be a felon.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-03-2011 at 07:05 AM..

Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
I was speaking more of early human history. Just a theory, no big deal, unbunch thy panties.
In terms of the likeliness of getting a virgin pregnant versus a non virgin, what difference does it make if you're talking about early man or modern man? What a silly thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
I would wait until marriage... it just seems like the right thing to do. If she leaves to have sex with someone else, well, then that means she's a **** and isn't worth it.
Yeah bro, if she has natural desires and does what 99% of the rest of the world does she sure is a total *****! Misogyny at its finest!

Old 04-22-2011, 12:18 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
If you want to wait until marriage, then follow your conscience. Why does it matter if she lose it to someone else or that she might like someone else because you prefer to wait until marriage? If she doesn't see that nor respect that, I wouldn't waste my time on her. I'll find someone who wants to wait until marriage.

Last edited by ho hey!; 04-22-2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 PM

3 posts, read 2,628 times
I dont have an issue with losing your virginity before marriage, but I would not do it for the reason you are. If this girl really loves you, than she should respect the fact that you want to wait tell marriage to have sex. If she is with you for you, then she will understand, but if she leaves you then she does not love you and in the end your future with will find it wonderful you saved yourself for her and didnt give in to hormones.

One thing I would think about is if you have sex with this girl you really have to make sure your comfortable with you and her breaking up in a week and never seeing each other again. You have to make sure you dont mind you two not lasting forever, because if your not and you have sex with her and if you guys break up this will hurt way too much for multiple reasons! I would not give into peer pressure though, dont do it for "her." IF your okay with it then go for it, but if your not dont and its as simple as that.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Getting married before having sex is the exact opposite of playing it safe.
Hardly. What exactly is the danger? That you won't be "compatible?". Cheese come on. We're talking sex here. If two virgins have sex after marriage its not going to be perfect, at first. But they'll explore sex together.

On the other hand, if they explore sex with other people first, they develop tastes. Incompatibility is FAR more likely if you DON'T wait. You will always expect him/her to be the best, or at least as good as most you've had. But if you've never had sex before, you won't develop tastes and habits and expectations. Your ENTIRE sexual life will be with your spouse.

OP. Isn't that a nice prospect?

Quote:
And your car auction analogy is just creepy and makes you sound really awkward. You're not a car, you don't need to be "restored" and nothing on you needs to be changed after having sex.
I guess you don't buy into the "you need to try out sex with your fiancé first... you wouldn't buy a car without a test drive" argument.

Right? RIIIIGHT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality