Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,913,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
True sacrifice will kill you! It did Jesus.
What sacrifice was that then?? Here we have a dude who (allegedly) died knowing that he really wasn't going to die but was going to be back three days later...with added benefits. You call that a sacrifice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,261,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What sacrifice was that then?? Here we have a dude who (allegedly) died knowing that he really wasn't going to die but was going to be back three days later...with added benefits. You call that a sacrifice??
Allegedly?

If I had said to you "Rafius, I will see you in the after life right after this one and you believed me, would that mean that you knew for sure that what I said was truth?
Or: was it a maybe?

What is the key ingredient that would tie these two together? What I had said and what is in the after life?

Would you say...........faith?

Well then, Jesus had faith that what God had said would come true, but not that Jesus knew for sure before hand.

You see, faith in God, trusting that what He had said would come true, is
the channel that connects heaven and earth.

Without it, there is only the flesh to contend with.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-28-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Allegedly?
Yes...allegedly.

Quote:
If I had said to you "Rafius, I will see you in the after life right after this one and you believed me, would that mean that you knew for sure that what I said was truth?
Or: was it a maybe?

What is the key ingredient that would tie these two together? What I had said and what is in the after life?

Would you say...........faith?

Well then, Jesus had faith that what God had said would come true, but not that Jesus knew for sure before hand.
Wait! Let me get this straight. You are claiming that Jesus, wonder man, worker of astounding miracles, predictor of future events and Son of a god, did not know he wasn't going to heaven...that he didn't know the game plan??

Old 05-28-2011, 12:34 AM

33,633 posts, read 37,294,099 times

YouTube - ‪Mr. Deity Episode 2: Mr. Deity and the Really Big Favor‬‏

Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,582,681 times
Quote:
You know, the "faithful" never have a reasonable answer to this question. They twist and squirm and bring out new theories (made up on the spot) to try explaining how this all knowing entity (according to them) sacrificed himself when he knew that there was no real sacrifice.

A basic fallacy of their position, or just an attempt to defend fantasy?

Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Yes...allegedly.

Wait! Let me get this straight. You are claiming that Jesus, wonder man, worker of astounding miracles, predictor of future events and Son of a god, did not know he wasn't going to heaven...that he didn't know the game plan??
Here is a verse, in answer to your question, that you may interpret anyway you want:Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

You see, Jesus knew only that which the Fathers instructions were for Him to share and nothing more as evidenced by the next verse: Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

You see, that not even the angels of heaven who are in His presence.

So there is but one conclusion: If Jesus is to be temped, on all points as we are, the order is for Him to know only that which the Father dictates to Him.

As total obediance to the Father as only through the Fathers righteousness, could Jesus, as God fulfill all that was written of Him.

That makes Jesus every bit a human with all human qualities and subject to the same temptations as we are in the flesh.

In order to redeem the lost creation, the Father must suffer the consequences of His own creation by sacrificing only one soul to damnation verses the whole of mankind.

But only God Himself, or rather one who holds the power of attorney (Jesus) to burden the cost for the salvation of all humanity.

None other but God Himself could.

You were counted worthy of His Son's sacrifice in order to give you a gift, of which you have not earned, but granted you, and that is life.

A very clear and straight foreword picture painted us by the Son of God as God.
When we all die, we shall see the one and only Son off God.....and we shall see God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Just to let everyone know, if you are not able to explain your views in your own way, then those cut and paste video's have no interest with me.

I prefer to see where you are in your faith in relation to God, that is, if you believe, but if you don't, that's OK by me too.

I hope to present God in favorable terms and not as a tyrant of which is so easy to do, considering the subjection of the flesh we were subjected to without our permission.

Can you imagine, someone forcing you to accept something that would bring pain and suffering, some joy, some happiness, and destruction of cities, towns, allow wars?

Would you tend to hold anger towards that person?

Enter: The anger the disbelief towards God!

Suppose the lashings, the mockery, the rejection of one who claimed to be the son of that person spoken of above was justified?

You think that if we unleashed our bent up anger, towards God for all the pain and suffering, the worlds suffering, the hunger, famines and all the evil that befalls us on someone who came in His name, by beating him up and hanging him on a wooden stake for the world to see, as justification for our anger?

That is exactly what happened!

God knew this all along and that is why He offered His Son for our justification.

If and when you or anyone else accepts Jesus as your justification, guess what?

You will have just crucified Him and your anger released to the love of God.

God's love for you has been a gift to you at His expense.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:

You see, Jesus knew only that which the Fathers instructions were for Him to share and nothing more as evidenced by the next verse: Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
"In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? -- John 14:2"

Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered, "Where I am going, you cannot follow me now; but you will follow afterward." -- John 13:36

"And you know the way to the place where I am going." -- John 14:4

"They were on their way up to Jerusalem, with Jesus leading the way, and the disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. Again he took the Twelve aside and told them what was going to happen to him." (Mark 10:32)

"We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled." (Luke 18:31) "The Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise." (Mark 10:33,34)

32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
(John 12:32)

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

There are many more such verses from your very own Bible confirming that your man god was fully aware what was going to happen...that he would rise again after three days and that he would be going to heaven.

So as I said...there is no 'sacrifice' in going to your death when you know that death is not actually death, that you are not going to die..that you will be back in three days with added bonus.

Last edited by Rafius; 05-28-2011 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,047,299 times
Quote:

In order to redeem the lost creation, the Father must suffer the consequences of His own creation by sacrificing only one soul to damnation verses the whole of mankind.

But only God Himself, or rather one who holds the power of attorney (Jesus) to burden the cost for the salvation of all humanity.
Hey, look3467, I feel His (oops), I mean your love in relaying this part of your screenplay to us, but could we just get back to another episode of "Mr. Deity"? Those videos say the same thing, but they're a lot more fun...

Old 05-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
"In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? -- John 14:2">>>Rafius
God in Jesus is given instructions to His disciples that God has a place for them as prophesied:

PSA 34:22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

Prophecy has to be fulfilled to the letter.

Quote:
Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered, "Where I am going, you cannot follow me now; but you will follow afterward." -- John 13:36
Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Again, (Prophecy fulfilled)God is telling them that Jesus is going forth as the morning (Resurrection), afterwards, they can follow when the latter rain comes in the form of the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
"And you know the way to the place where I am going." -- John 14:4

"They were on their way up to Jerusalem, with Jesus leading the way, and the disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. Again he took the Twelve aside and told them what was going to happen to him." (Mark 10:32)

"We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled." (Luke 18:31) "The Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise." (Mark 10:33,34)

You see, Jesus is relaying the message given to Him by the Spirit of God in Jesus as fulfillment of prophecy, and not that Jesus knew the outcome, only that He trusted the Father in faith that the Father would not abandon Him.

Quote:
32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
(John 12:32)

There are many more such verses from your very own Bible confirming that your man god was fully aware what was going to happen...that he would rise again after three days and that he would be going to heaven.
Again, prophecy must be fulfilled by every word and deed of Jesus to the letter in order for the perfect work of God in redemption of mankind is complete.

Quote:
So as I said...there is no 'sacrifice' in going to your death when you know that you are not going to die..that you will be back in three days with added bonus.
You mean if you knew you were going to die at the hands of murders, to leave this world never to come back again in the flesh, you would not be afraid, yet knowing by faith that you will still live in the here after, give you hope?

You to would be in doubt unless by faith, that which was promised you (Life after), comes true after you died.

Same thing with Jesus.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality