Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,955,723 times

Advertisements

You have to have some hope that you exist after you die...We all do,,,,unless we have a serious imbalance in our brain chemistry....This song/video represents what the ideology of a messiah/savior(the one that grants us afterlife) should make you feel like if you have this desire.......

YouTube - Resurrection danced by Selah Warriors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,228,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
You have to have some hope that you exist after you die...We all do,,,,unless we have a serious imbalance in our brain chemistry....This song/video represents what the ideology of a messiah/savior(the one that grants us afterlife) should make you feel like if you have this desire.......

YouTube - Resurrection danced by Selah Warriors
LOL! You're kidding, right? This myth must be so ingrained in you that not only do you think everyone else must believe it, but that THEY are the ones with a brain chemistry imbalance if they don't believe as you do. Why would you have to hope to exist AFTER you die. Isn't that the definition of death, that you cease to exist? I know growing up, I learned about death initially, from having a beloved pet die. I loved that dog more than anything and was sad to have him gone. But I never had to believe in some fairyland for him in the afterlife, just to cope with his death. Once you learn how to cope with what death is, you don't need to make yourself believe in some afterlife just so you won't "go crazy".

Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM

5,541 posts, read 7,148,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
It depends on what frame of mind your in, cause any part of the bible can be taken for whatever interpretation you can possibly imagine.

Blessings, AJ
But I just read in the bible that the dirty, stupid and cruel parts aren't open to your personal, fanciful interpretations.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,261,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
But I just read in the bible that the dirty, stupid and cruel parts aren't open to your personal, fanciful interpretations.
Well.......you do know more than you reveal about the bible.

It's like this, private interpretations are what mankind imagine them to be, and you know as well as I do those can be any5thing that meets mankind's desire to control the masses.

But, there is but only one interpretation that can be either accepted or denied, and that is found in the following verse: 1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

It is cut and dried, either you have the Son of God or you don't! Either you have life or you don't!

The rest.......well, God has allowed us to wonder, since we are independent creatures.

But not so independent because being in a state without life, we need to seek Him out in order to get life. Hence the above mentioned verse.

Throughout the ages of mankind, if you have wondered, mankind has always had a fascination with the unknown, hence- the many gods that have being imagined to be.

So why would you think that it is any different today?

The very fact that you subscribe to this forum on this subject is proof of that.

Otherwise, you'd be content with what you now believe, and the **ll with the rest of us all.

But since you're here, look into the power and the might of the Son of God who can and will change the very core of a hardened heart as He has done with many of us.

P.S. I didn't ask anybody to join any particular denomination or believe in anything other than the Son of God, which is, by the way, an option.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
..."cope with what death"...>>>mythunderstood
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

We all are going to die one day, so the only fear there, is when.

The other concern of course, is the judgment.

If one gives any credit to that verse, one would believe that there is a judgment after this life, of which many would tremble in fear....unless......unless one accepts life by the Son of God and rest one's soul from that fear.

If God, being a spiritual entity, can not be reached by an earthly, physical vessel, than there would be no hope for an after life and would be as you say,
cope with death", for that is all that it would be. (Life and death...that's it!)

But, God knew how to remedy the situation via a carnal, physical image of mankind, as a son of man, and also as the Son of God incarnate.

Now, mankind can reach to the heavens and touch God, because the heavens has come down to mankind's domain to give life.

That is a fact which is an absolute still, and which still remains as our acceptance or rejection by God's will.

Be it as you will.......

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-01-2011, 09:32 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,305,851 times
Quote:
But, there is but only one interpretation that can be either accepted or denied, and that is found in the following verse: 1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

It is cut and dried, either you have the Son of God or you don't! Either you have life or you don't!

Blessings, AJ

OMG!! I'm dead!!!!
Good thing somebody told me where the cheapest cremetorium here is.
Who wants my computer?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

OMG!! I'm dead!!!!
Good thing somebody told me where the cheapest crematorium here is.
Who wants my computer?

Well, it's a good starting point, from here on, is life......that is..... should you desire it!

I mean, one couldn't be more dead than dead, but there is one up from being dead....that's life.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,922,357 times
Quote:
Well, it's a good starting point, from here on, is life......that is..... should you desire it!

I mean, one couldn't be more dead than dead, but there is one up from being dead....that's life.

Blessings, AJ
I actually felt more alive when I finally was open about my lack of belief in Jesus as my lord and saviour, as I was no longer living a lie and attempting to change who I am as a person to appease my family and keep up appearances.

For me, there is absolutely no life in Christ.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:46 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,597,776 times
Question No, Jesus didn't die for me so stop telling me that he did!

If Jesus never existed, how could he die for anyone's sins?

Historical Jesus?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,620,107 times
If there was a living being named Jesus, then I attribute to him the qualities of teacher and example, not savior.

Religions are all the same. They offer to their followers opportunities for inner growth. Each one has its own deities or figureheads that make it easier for us humans to connect with them. And they guide us toward becoming better people.

How we as individuals choose to interpret our inner growth and becoming better people is up to each one of us. That's why we have different religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality