Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times

Advertisements

Where in the Bible do we find scripture that demands that children be a certain age before they begin to be laborers? ( Child Labor Laws)

Or where does the Bible state that children must attend school until a certain age?

hmmmm, do you think that you could find scripture that says, "Thou shall not exceed the posted speed limits"

The Bible should be a living thing. Not a book that is stuck back in time when people lived much different lives.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Not to refrain from maintaining a poor man and giving him what he needs (Deut. 15:7)
To give charity according to one's means (Deut. 15:11)

Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
you people keep looking toward being codependent enablers - You feed slothful manors, actions, and behaviors of those who have lost self respect based on accomplishments.

Like the above post by TKramar where they said:

If you are a person like TKramar ....
  1. You may be a kid
  2. you may not know how to get out of the minimum wage rut
  3. you have such low self esteem that you can not see your self worth much more than that.

Or...you may have been working at a place that had been destroyed by a hurricane, and now need SOME type of job. The real high-end places aren't going to hire you. This was a temporary labor company, doing mainly hurricane cleanup. Of course, the companies were coming INTO the area, they were not local.

Also, there is no reason for ANYONE to make more than $10 an hour. YOU are not worth more than that.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Jesus also never said that undesirable people shouldn't be lynched.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:

They were NOT handed the food in a bag or box - they had to get in the field and pick it themselves ... they STILL had to apply themselves to get it.
They don't have enough arable land in the country for everyone to grow their own food. Because we have too many people in it.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
quit twisting what I said - you are wrong!

FACT:
SINGLE 0 Deductions or MARRIED 2 Deductions: if you work for just one hour you clear $6.84 - that is 41-cents deducted for FICA
try FACTS ... not delusional nonsense!

many of you liberals seem to use lies and deceit just to act like you know something - even when you don't.
Like I said, I was taking the paychecks on a minimum wage job home. I was only netting $5 an hour. Social Security tax was more than the federal, but it was still only $5 an hour. I've done it--that is FACT for you, not theory.

By the way, most people who are OVERPAID (more than $10 an hour) don't do any actual "work" at all. Lazy bastards.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
[/list]

Or...you may have been working at a place that had been destroyed by a hurricane, and now need SOME type of job. The real high-end places aren't going to hire you. This was a temporary labor company, doing mainly hurricane cleanup. Of course, the companies were coming INTO the area, they were not local.

Also, there is no reason for ANYONE to make more than $10 an hour. YOU are not worth more than that.
awwww .... POOR BABY!

What would I know of storm clean up?
Bet I have been in a city near you and know more about it!

just about 2 blocks from me is tornado clean RIGHT NOW!

... FYI - at $10.00 an hour you couldn't afford this little 1,200 square foot house I live in!

and if most people made a meager $10.00 an hour what economy could be sustained on that type of purchase power?

Can you afford a new car and new house on that wage? Be serious kid!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the fetters of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? ז הֲלוֹא פָרֹס לָרָעֵב לַחְמֶךָ, וַעֲנִיִּים מְרוּדִים תָּבִיא בָיִת: כִּי-תִרְאֶה עָרֹם וְכִסִּיתוֹ, וּמִבְּשָׂרְךָ לֹא תִתְעַלָּם. 7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him, and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? ח אָז יִבָּקַע כַּשַּׁחַר אוֹרֶךָ, וַאֲרֻכָתְךָ מְהֵרָה תִצְמָח; וְהָלַךְ לְפָנֶיךָ צִדְקֶךָ, כְּבוֹד יְהוָה יַאַסְפֶךָ. 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thy healing shall spring forth speedily; and thy righteousness shall go before thee, the glory of the LORD shall be thy rearward.
Oh, you didn't go all Hebrew on them! That's not fair!!

It seems that folks forget that the Torah and the New Testament make two points, one is to encourage work and the other is to care for the poor whether they do or not (or can't).

I don't know of a single advocate of "welfare" who believes that work is not better than welfare. I don't know of a single welfare advocate who actively encourages the poor not to be self-sufficient, perhaps this is why welfare programs target those who cannot, children, the affirmed and the aged.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
awwww .... POOR BABY!

What would I know of storm clean up?
Bet I have been in a city near you and know more about it!

just about 2 blocks from me is tornado clean RIGHT NOW!

... FYI - at $10.00 an hour you couldn't afford this little 1,200 square foot house I live in!

and if most people made a meager $10.00 an hour what economy could be sustained on that type of purchase power?

Can you afford a new car and new house on that wage? Be serious kid!
Then it's overpriced. And I don't need a new car, or any car at all. Nor do I need to OWN a house. Ownership is for losers.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Quote:
let me get this straight ... you don't believe a word of it - yet you ARE IN a Religious section?
Yes, I am in the Religion AND PHILOSOPHY section. And your philosophy sucks, quite frankly.

And I repeat, if that's what your bible teaches, then I'm glad I don't believe it.

Last edited by Astron1000; 04-29-2011 at 08:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality