Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,877,054 times

Advertisements

If America was truly a Christian country we would not be having an on going debate about healthcare, nor would we be involved in the wars that we are now involved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,095,087 times
About 80% of America is Christian. If you look at the other thread on here this will give you an idea of how Christian this Nation is when it's up for debate.
Here is a video from the other thread entitled "Terrifying"
YouTube - ‪Paula Zahn - discrimination against atheists part 2‬‏
A lot of the Christians as mentioned are not really into it but realize without it they would lose benefits and opportunities in this country so they just are Christians. It's easier. A lot of husbands. lol
If you didn't raise your children Christian you could be cutting off opportunities like government jobs, and health care jobs. Let alone trying to become the President. lol
You can google how Christian America is by countries and list. It's pretty amazing actually. Makes me almost want to be a Christian. They are a very dominant force, missioning has done well.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:04 PM

869 posts, read 974,064 times
Quote:
Sun Queen: I think America is Christian enough and the most Christian in the West,....
Why do you feel that the United States is the most Christian country in the Western World?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,218,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Why do you feel that the United States is the most Christian country in the Western World?
It's not, by a long shot. There are many countries in the western world that have a higher percentage of Christians...The US is 78.4% Christian.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 PM

869 posts, read 974,064 times
Quote:
Sanspeur wrote: It's not, by a long shot. There are many countries in the western world that have a higher percentage of Christians...The US is 78.4% Christian.
I agree. Cool map! Uploded it. Thanx!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 PM

234 posts, read 238,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's not, by a long shot. There are many countries in the western world that have a higher percentage of Christians...The US is 78.4% Christian.
I would like to qualify that statement. The US might have that number who claim to be Christian, or who by profession and/or membership of a church identify themselves as Christian, but whether they are truly Christian or not is very much up for debate. Signing a census form or replying affirmatively on a survey is one thing; living the life of the Lifegiver is another.
Jesus said Mt 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven....
....many will come to me (on the day of judgement) and say "Lord Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

78.4%...if that were the real figure of genuine Christians in America then heaven would be rejoicing , but I think the real figure is more likely less than 15%.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,218,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakelite View Post
I would like to qualify that statement. The US might have that number who claim to be Christian, or who by profession and/or membership of a church identify themselves as Christian, but whether they are truly Christian or not is very much up for debate. Signing a census form or replying affirmatively on a survey is one thing; living the life of the Lifegiver is another.
Jesus said Mt 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven....
....many will come to me (on the day of judgement) and say "Lord Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

78.4%...if that were the real figure of genuine Christians in America then heaven would be rejoicing , but I think the real figure is more likely less than 15%.
I wish, but I doubt it...I do know that young people are abandoning religion in ever increasing droves...One day the relgious will be the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality