Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,440,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just a thought for your consideration. For early primitive man the ONLY truly observable long term repeating "clock" cycle was the moon. (In fact our own NDNs used to measure time in moons.) Now . . . if you divide 900 by 12 moons you get 75 years. Just saying.
I'll give you credit,whether its 12 or 13 moons,thats the only intelligent answer to the '900 years question' that i've ever heard.Its a much better reasoned and thought out response than mine,which consists of an eye roll and a snicker,followed by a snarky comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Quote:
But mine was a nice round number . . . perfect like the Creator would have it!
Ahhh but we're not supposed to be perfect, besides what's a few years one way or the other.....

Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Ahhh but we're not supposed to be perfect, besides what's a few years one way or the other.....
Well I wasn't going to be a math nitpicker . . . but since our years are twelve months . . . converting 900 moons to OUR years would still require dividing by 12. Now the NDN year may differ. Gotcha!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Quote:
Well I wasn't going to be a math nitpicker . . . but since our years are twelve months . . . converting 900 moons to OUR years would still require dividing by 12. Now the NDN year may differ. Gotcha!
But your 12 month Christian calendar is not as accurate as the Mayan 13 moon calendar, which I prefer because it makes me younger.........so who got who......and that's why I'm laughing....

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
But your 12 month Christian calendar is not as accurate as the Mayan 13 moon calendar, which I prefer because it makes me younger.........so who got who......and that's why I'm laughing....
I should know better than to tussle with a spiritual elder of one of the oldest spiritual traditions on earth . . . you win, osay.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 AM

190 posts, read 242,564 times
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in HIM will NOT PERISH but will have everlasting LIFE.. if u don't ask the Lord for the truth U will PERISH...By the way NOAH ARK that is in the bible...U R blind by satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Brief history: I went to Catholic School from grades K-8. The only thing I learned was that it's wrong to talk while we stand in a single file line to go to the bathroom.. ..

Anyway, I was coming back from my lunch break today and some loon was handing out May 21 2011 Rapture pamphlets. Since I can't resist a good laugh, I take the papers and read them at work.

Oh man.

It speaks about Noah and that nonsense. I've always known the story of Noah's Ark... and without any details I always thought it was crap. Now that I've read the details, I can't believe people ACTUALLy believe this!

I mean..

He was like 600 years old when he built the ark?!!? I know 60 year olds today who don't understand the concept of "touch screen". Then he lives to be 950 years old?!?...

Seriously, how can anyone believe this at all? I'm all for having faith -- that's fine!! -- but COME ON people. There's a fine line between faith and logic. I may not believe in God, but I can understand people having faith that there is one.. that's fine! But to believe stories like this?!!??!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,550,694 times
To the OP.......in my youth you learned to wear gloves or suffer getting your knuckles cracked open with a ruler! .

And I know 85 year olds who understand touchscreens!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 AM

33,571 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in HIM will NOT PERISH but will have everlasting LIFE.. if u don't ask the Lord for the truth U will PERISH...By the way NOAH ARK that is in the bible...U R blind by satan
Good grief

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,876,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief
'Home schooled' do you think?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,900,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
So.. can you actually respond to someone with using crap from the book? What if I responded to you using book quotes.
My what big teeth you have, Grandma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
To the OP.......in my youth you learned to wear gloves or suffer getting your knuckles cracked open with a ruler! .

And I know 85 year olds who understand touchscreens!
Well of course there's 85 year olds who understand it. I worked for a heart monitor company and MOST of the ones (who were 80 and older) whom I spoke with didn't understand "Put your finger on it". But I'm sure I'm just lying for the sake of discriminating old people!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality