Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,640,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Holy crap! Well, bravo to you, sir. You express yourself in writing better than LOTS of people I know with Bachelor's Degrees hanging on their walls.

When I was a kid they were not so good at diagnosing learning issues. The system chewed me up and spit me out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, the belief in Jesus as our savior is far more important than how you actually live your life, then? Interesting...
"Does not apply" = "mid-evil hell doctrine is not relevant"

In religious fundamentalism - correct doctrinal belief is everything. In reality, actions are everything as they reveal the heart.

In my world, an adherence to an unwritten inner code of empathy toward fellow humans denotes true faith .

Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,640,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Rafius. Euronews is reporting that a pair of earthquakes have rocked southern Spain. First, 5.3 second 4.4. A church bell came crashing down.
It saddens me that so many lack faith. I AM the ALPHA and the OMEGA.
A church bell fell? Can you imagine what that sounded like??? (PS, many more earthquakes happening around the globe tonight, as they have every night and every day for billions of years )

Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,998,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
(emphasis added)

From 1 Timothy 2:2, v. 4-6 King James ver.:

[b] (emphasis added)

Note the bolded words: 'all men' and 'for all'. It doesn't mention Christ's followers by name, nor does it say 'all who believeth in him' -- it says 'all men'.

Again, in 1 Timothy 4, verse 10, King James version:

(emphasis added)

That verse quite clearly and explicitly states that God is the savior of 'all men' (again, not simply the 'elect' or 'those that believe'), whether or not they believe. Those that believe in him are, however, accorded a particular focus of his attentions.

Jesus Christ is the Savior (OF ALL MEN). Because there is no other Savior. However, Scripture tells us that all men will not be saved. And only those who accept Christ as their Savior, and belive in Him will be saved. Pulling verses out of context may work for you. However if you ignore all the other verses that give you that Biblical balance, you will believe a great untruth.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:48 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,192 times
Actually, where the earthquakes hit, scientist dont know where the fault is. And, it is very rare where these quakes happened. Furthermore, many structures that were destroyed were from the Roman times.
The Witness to the True Christ is Spirit - church/church bell destroyed, Water-by the coast, Blood-sacrifices - death.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:53 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,192 times
To Rafius who I like, along with Rifleman these things are to build Faith in My Words. Hear My Truths, for I to lie.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,591,853 times
closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality