Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:04 AM

154 posts, read 242,324 times

Advertisements

Stop! Do you believe in god? If you are a believer then are you sure? And if you are an atheist, are you sure? How come you claim to be the most rational being on the planet and you don't give yourself time to think about this? Ok so today your puzzle comes to an end.
I will pose some questions first and you just check if they match with yours.

How old are you? Let's say 20, 25 ok 30. Before 35 years nobody knew you, are you kidding how would they know, you were just not here! Maybe today you are the superstar or the minister, after, say 100 years will you be here? Don't tell me you are going to live up to 200 years or so. So why on this earth did you come for such a short period? Who sent you?

Ok now I need your help here, you need to recall something. Please recall the last time you fell into a trouble or a danger. Didn't you look up and ask help from god, maybe not your tongue because it got so hard, but your inside, your heart? Of course it craved for god or if you are getting irritated at the word 'god' maybe superpower or mother nature is a more appropriate word. Even if you didn't call upto god you did ask to someone superior to you, and I challenge you in that. You did that! Now if you find yourself self sufficient why did you beg and ask? Why does every time some calamity befalls you, you become angry at god?

Materialism has enslaved you, it is continuously serving your body, but are you just a machine? Don't you feel that you have something called natural inclination along with your intellect? Yes you feel that but you keep on ignoring till you reach your end. Sweden , one of the most beautiful countries of the world, meeting all the materialistic needs of it's people, have the highest rate of suicide. WHY???

Every single thing around you is going in such harmony. Have you thought for a moment what would happen to you if the earth moves an inch closer to the sun, or if the percentage of oxygen in air increased by points? you would be instantly destroyed. How are these non living things, possessing no brains to think running in such beautiful system?

Let's rearrange the questions, Who sent you? Why do you always ask a superpower to help when you find yourself helpless? Why are these people killing themselves? How are these things running in such a beautiful system? The answer is one, God Almighty, the One. He is the one Who sent you, He is the one whom you ask purposely or ignorantly, He is the One people's hearts are craving but when they keep ignoring constantly their heart dies away and thus they kill their body, and He is the One and Only One Who is running all the beautiful systems.

Who is this God the creator of this universe?

Doing everything in a perfect manner. Do you think that he would have not sent his message (The purpose of life) in a perfect manner

What is this perfect message?
How can we find this perfect message?

All religious scriptures and leaders claim they have the perfect message

How can we differentiate the perfect message from the fake ?
because there could be only one perfect message. all others should be fakes.

Lets start evaluating ... with the brain the creator has given us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
That is a vast number of assumptions that won't hold true for much of your audience.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:29 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,195,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samankaru View Post
Sweden , one of the most beautiful countries of the world, meeting all the materialistic needs of it's people, have the highest rate of suicide. WHY???
[citation needed]

The World Health Organization has Lithuania as the highest suicide rate per 100,000 (at 38.6 people out of every 100,000 commit suicide. Substationally more men, than women, as well.). 79% of Lithuanians are Roman Catholic. They have Sweden at 13.2 out of every 100,000. Edited to add: Something like 75% of Swedes belong to the Church of Sweden, which is Lutheran.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Sweden , one of the most beautiful countries of the world, meeting all the materialistic needs of it's people, have the highest rate of suicide. WHY???
Seasonal Affective Disorder. Same reason why Alaska has one of the highest suicide rates in the United States.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:33 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times
Quote:
Stop! Do you believe in god? If you are a believer then are you sure? And if you are an atheist, are you sure? How come you claim to be the most rational being on the planet and you don't give yourself time to think about this? Ok so today your puzzle comes to an end.
I will pose some questions first and you just check if they match with yours.

How old are you? Let's say 20, 25 ok 30. Before 35 years nobody knew you, are you kidding how would they know, you were just not here! Maybe today you are the superstar or the minister, after, say 100 years will you be here? Don't tell me you are going to live up to 200 years or so. So why on this earth did you come for such a short period? Who sent you?

Ok now I need your help here, you need to recall something. Please recall the last time you fell into a trouble or a danger. Didn't you look up and ask help from god, maybe not your tongue because it got so hard, but your inside, your heart? Of course it craved for god or if you are getting irritated at the word 'god' maybe superpower or mother nature is a more appropriate word. Even if you didn't call upto god you did ask to someone superior to you, and I challenge you in that. You did that! Now if you find yourself self sufficient why did you beg and ask? Why does every time some calamity befalls you, you become angry at god?

Materialism has enslaved you, it is continuously serving your body, but are you just a machine? Don't you feel that you have something called natural inclination along with your intellect? Yes you feel that but you keep on ignoring till you reach your end. Sweden , one of the most beautiful countries of the world, meeting all the materialistic needs of it's people, have the highest rate of suicide. WHY???

Every single thing around you is going in such harmony. Have you thought for a moment what would happen to you if the earth moves an inch closer to the sun, or if the percentage of oxygen in air increased by points? you would be instantly destroyed. How are these non living things, possessing no brains to think running in such beautiful system?

Let's rearrange the questions, Who sent you? Why do you always ask a superpower to help when you find yourself helpless? Why are these people killing themselves? How are these things running in such a beautiful system? The answer is one, God Almighty, the One. He is the one Who sent you, He is the one whom you ask purposely or ignorantly, He is the One people's hearts are craving but when they keep ignoring constantly their heart dies away and thus they kill their body, and He is the One and Only One Who is running all the beautiful systems.

Doing everything in a perfect manner. Do you think that he would have not sent his message (The purpose of life) in a perfect manner

I don't call God if i'm in trouble somewhere, i would have to figure out how to get out of the situation i'm in. Calling God isn't going to help, use your brain and remember, God helps those who help themselves.

About Sweden, they were the first country to publish their ratings, while others were hiding the facts. From what i know, Sweden rank 27th in the world on the suicide scale.
Believe your myth as you go, but do research as well. And you're right, use your brain!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times

Lets use the brains we have been given, we'll address your statement here one at a time.
Every single thing around you is going in such harmony. Yes, on a quantum level everything is in harmony, and on a physical level we have the balance of nature.

Have you thought for a moment what would happen to you if the earth moves an inch closer to the sun. I don't know if you understand but the earth orbits the sun in an elliptical orbit, which means that at times in it orbit it is closer and farther from the sun, not by inches, but by 1000's of miles.

if the percentage of oxygen in air increased by points? you would be instantly die
, Currently the oxygen in the earths atmosphere is about 21%, these percentage point vary from time to time, during the Carboniferous period the percentage was about 35% and life went on.

Your kind of getting the cart before the horse here, we have life on this planet because the conditions on this planet allow life, as we know it, to thrive. Life adapted to this world and survives under the conditions of this world, not because some God got the soup right. Life adapts, and I'm sure that we'll find different life on different planets, again, not because a God put it there, because life creates life no matter where it is.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 AM

970 posts, read 1,699,524 times
Quote:
Stop! Do you believe in god? If you are a believer then are you sure? And if you are an atheist, are you sure? How come you claim to be the most rational being on the planet and you don't give yourself time to think about this?
Agree. I think people who are on step 1 or 7 of Dawkins' spectrum of theistic probability are wrong and possibly intellectually dishonest.

Quote:
Ok so today your puzzle comes to an end.I will pose some questions first and you just check if they match with yours.

Why should there be a reason, a sender? That's a possibility, sure, but I'd need evidence to consider such a hypothesis.

Quote:
Ok now I need your help here, you need to recall something. Please recall the last time you fell into a trouble or a danger. Didn't you look up and ask help from god, maybe not your tongue because it got so hard, but your inside, your heart? Of course it craved for god or if you are getting irritated at the word 'god' maybe superpower or mother nature is a more appropriate word. Even if you didn't call upto god you did ask to someone superior to you, and I challenge you in that. You did that!
I believe you may be projecting here. Last time I was in trouble, I certainly wanted the trouble to go away, but I did not ask/pray for the help of any supernatural being or conscious nature. I have no idea on what basis you can make such a bold claim.

Quote:
Now if you find yourself self sufficient why did you beg and ask? Why does every time some calamity befalls you, you become angry at god?

Materialism has enslaved you, it is continuously serving your body, but are you just a machine? Don't you feel that you have something called natural inclination along with your intellect? Yes you feel that but you keep on ignoring till you reach your end.
I don't understand what you call "natural inclination".

Quote:
Sweden , one of the most beautiful countries of the world, meeting all the materialistic needs of it's people, have the highest rate of suicide.
...but you're not going to provide any statistics. Besides, correlation doesn't imply causation - Randomstudent provided a perfectly good explanation of a high suicide rate in Sweden. What you need to show is that atheists are much more likely to kill themselves, and you also have to avoid various bias (like places where atheists are persecuted). Of course, I don't think you are qualified enough (and unbiased enough) to conduct such a research by yourself, but maybe it has already been done before.

Quote:
Evolution. If the earth was slightly closer to the sun, life would have evolved differently, with animals more suited to such an environment. If the earth was much closer to the sun, there probably wouldn't be anybody to ask the question.
Of course, if our environment changed significantly, we would all die. This is what happened to the dinosaurs, as well as to millions of animal species - so much for the idea of a "beautiful system" which protects life.

Quote:
Even if your hypothesis were true, this is not the only conclusion. For exemple, maybe we're all living in a computer-simulated world ran by a bunch of creatures that aren't particularly more noble or powerful than humans. Or possibly our brain is just wired in such a way that we keep looking for patterns and signs of intelligence where there is none.

Quote:

I'm awaiting the second part, but my hopes aren't high. People have been trying to prove that their religion was the right one for millenias.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:03 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I don't try to sort out other people's beliefs or religious practices. As for myself, I know that I know there is a God. Even when my mind questions....my heart assures me. I so wish I could explain it with words and there just aren't any that prove to be adequate.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:06 AM

154 posts, read 242,324 times
Hi All

I was only talking in general terms which may not apply for all

I am not always right like all other humans in this world. I may make mistakes. Please bear with me if i do any and if possible please tell me where i am going wrong.

I take certain points from different sources which i think correct. but in actual i may be wrong. Like the eg. Sweden

Thanks for correcting me on that.

What i mainly pointed out there was not an insult for Sweden. i just want to say that even the best county has problems.

Yes lets try to explore the ultimate truth of life
Was the universe been created by a super power called God?
If he is God Who is this True God
Has he given us a message and if so how can we identify that this message is from God

Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times
Quote:

Yes lets try to explore the ultimate truth of life
Was the universe been created by a super power called God?
If he is God Who is this True God
Has he given us a message and if so how can we identify that this message is from God
Universe may or may not have been created by a superpower called God. That is depends what your believe is.

Why whatever "created" the universe has to be a "superpower"? Why does it have to be 'True God' or God at all? Could Universe always exist, or come to be from other universes without any help of a "supernatural true God"?
Why there should be any messages given to us? What is the purpose and what is the message, and why such should even be?

Are we complicating things too much by thinking, debating, wondering? Is life as simple as it is, you live, die and that's it? Do we have a need to have "superpowers" to run our lives? Again, why? What is the purpose?
Why do humans need "power"? Is it human humble minds that are so little that they constantly need "something" to justify everything they do?
What if we think of none of that and go on? How would you life change? It hasn't changed for thousands/millions of years, it will never change nor will your "power" you call God.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality