U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM

629 posts, read 1,156,287 times

Advertisements

Will it be dangerous to walk around with people believing the world will end in a few hours? Especially if nothing happens. What if some fanatics try to do something drastic after 6pm tonight? I'm a bit worried about how brittle our minds are and how easily people can snap when their beliefs are challenged. Also let's not forget the ones who believe it's the end and will perform crimes in the belief there will be no consequences. The ones who feel their soul is doomed anyway. Maybe I should sit this one out and watch tv today.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 AM

So far at work everythings normal. Guess not many people are worried about today. I wonder what the people who believe are doing right now?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM

16,167 posts, read 11,284,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
. I wonder what the people who believe are doing right now?
Feeling rather silly I would imagine!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 AM

16,308 posts, read 26,152,382 times
Well if I saw this loon coming down the street, I might keep an eye on her in case she wants to rapture me with her bumper, but pointing and laughing also come to mind.

But I bet her car in parked out of sight as she tries to figure out how to repaint it.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Probably not. They'll probably find a way to explain why it didn't happen. But isn't there a passage in the bible that also no one know when the end will come? I don't think man can predict it's own end.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 PM

47,710 posts, read 30,126,594 times
Quote:
So far at work everythings normal. Guess not many people are worried about today. I wonder what the people who believe are doing right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Nah . . . they have a perfect out. "For the sake of the few . . ." God has turned from His wrath and delayed it.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:13 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,726,854 times
Technical difficulties, wardrobe malfunction, prior commitment? Lol

You might want to get your grocery shopping done early though, I would imagine they're gonna be pretty busy later.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:37 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,132,415 times
Quote:
Will it be dangerous to walk around with people believing the world will end in a few hours? Especially if nothing happens. What if some fanatics try to do something drastic after 6pm tonight? I'm a bit worried about how brittle our minds are and how easily people can snap when their beliefs are challenged. Also let's not forget the ones who believe it's the end and will perform crimes in the belief there will be no consequences. The ones who feel their soul is doomed anyway. Maybe I should sit this one out and watch tv today.
Fear is an agent of Sin....which could cause you to act irrationally in reaction....

Revelation 17:17 is the end point to the madness!,,,when the word of God is completed to the letter of the laws, precepts, and covenants...by all, or some....or one!

That being said....who are they slaughtering now on the other side of this world?....sheep herders, and plant growers?....doesn't sound good to me!

And so God will act eventually on those who support such madness!

Oh Look...it has already started to show signs.....fire season anyone?

Or more sins?...or more evils?...ah more human sacrifices....and for what?...that IDOL and that Monument?.....seems to be the continual factor out of form...and not wanted By God...for if it were so..God would not Give us anything...he would of sold it to us.

Now straighten Your mind around that...and sow all seeds God Gave...and do not profane that which God made Good...and share it with all living things...in a sinless form.

That is in tune with the EDEN principle of instruction Genesis 2:15...with Genesis 9:3 in toe correctly so...not profaning any..and not changing the word of God, nor the wedlock, nor the prophecies he has sent onto those who do not listen...for they will come to pass,onto those who continually sin and do evil, onto this world, as written!...

And if you have no sin....then you have nothing to worry about....Right?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 PM

16,308 posts, read 26,152,382 times
Like the rest of the "guarantees" in the bible

FAIL

Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,901,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nah . . . they have a perfect out. "For the sake of the few . . ." God has turned from His wrath and delayed it.
Yup; the days following will be full of excuses and revisionism. Gotta retain the money-grubbing fear-mongering somehow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post

Oh Look...it has already started to show signs.....fire season anyone?

And if you have no sin....then you have nothing to worry about....Right?
As for SirLes: you mean... O. M. G! The fire season in greater Los Angeles county is part of a prophecy foretold? Those fires will lead to bigger fires, and then to BIGGER FIRES, AND THEN... well you get the whole sorry picture, right?

Meaning... soon we'll all be engulfed, you betcha!

Oh boy: Godly marshmallows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.