U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM

32,869 posts, read 19,174,858 times

Advertisements

Well, this is a human-beings-only thread. If you have any questions that you have always thought about, but never asked... here is your chance!

And PLEASE, no animal noises, thumbing of noses, nostril flaring, or otherwise rude and insensitive comments to our four legged brothers, our winged ones, or our creepy crawly insect family here on Mother Earth.

Who wants to start? Go ahead, make my day.

P.S. As I am not the only human being on this forum, maybe some of the other human beings can pitch in and help me answer some of the queries.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,769,878 times
Hi there fellow human being! I'm a human being too! I have a great question for you! Ok...ready? Do you believe in God????

Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Hi there fellow human being! I'm a human being too! I have a great question for you! Ok...ready? Do you believe in God????
Well, I certainly cannot speak for all human beings or GEICO variety human beings. But some scholarly types have hypothesised that the archeological evidence of ceremonial burials may present evidence of a belief in an after life from way back in humankind's infancy. Great question!

Personally, I think the concept of a Great Mystery Creator is mind boggling to say the least. And my feeble gray matter wrestles to grasp this mighty concept. I believe in a g*d, yes. I cannot fully apply a description because i am small and intellectually puny. Maybe some of our fellow human beings can chime in on this weighty matter.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 PM

Hello fellow human again.

Why is it that you write God like this: g*d

Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Hello fellow human again.

Why is it that you write God like this: g*d
Hello Jazzy Human,

Simply put, there are untold variations of perceptions of the concept of God. And any symbolic use of lettering can only hint at the vastness of such a great Being. I also write God like this:

(total silence)

When one can sit on a mountain and quiet the mind for one hour, then one realizes the spellings of a word to convey ~God~ matter far less than one had imagined. A blade of grass can spell god.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Oh, thanks for that clairfication. I just write God.

Does your God have a name or is it just all nature?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 PM

Your spelling is CORRECT! Move to the head of the class. There are no mispellings, though, are there?

You are the True Master, and I am the Student.

One could pose the question, what name does one choose to call his God? Does not the image in one's mind matter over what name one chooses? Perhaps we should leave one of those sticky labels on the alter at your church for God to fill out, and see if He chooses a name?

HELLO! MY NAME IS:

Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 10,006,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I also write God like this:

(total silence)
Ah yes, wise one.

God is nothingness. Nothingness is eternal. Nothingness is what we came from, and to what we shall return. Eternal bliss, in the heaven that is nothingness.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,107,860 times
I am not being funny or sarcastic, so please help me understand as a regular human being. How does one have a relationship with god? Do you hear voices? Is there or are there signs?

Reason I am asking( and by the way, I do believe in god) is because it gets a little anoying when i hear people making statements like "god wanted me to take this job". Or "god wanted me to do this and that". At what point, is it when this person makes HIS own decision? Sometimes I hear people making statements like the one described above and it sounds like a cop out.

Seriously, besides prayer, how does one communicate with god? Or in other words, how does god communicate with us?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I am not being funny or sarcastic, so please help me understand as a regular human being. How does one have a relationship with god? Do you hear voices? Is there or are there signs?

Reason I am asking( and by the way, I do believe in god) is because it gets a little anoying when i hear people making statements like "god wanted me to take this job". Or "god wanted me to do this and that". At what point, is it when this person makes HIS own decision? Sometimes I hear people making statements like the one described above and it sounds like a cop out.

Seriously, besides prayer, how does one communicate with god? Or in other words, how does god communicate with us?
1) Prayer
2) The Bible
3) Confirmation in our Spirit
4) Counsel of mature Christians committed to pray on your behalf.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality