Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:21 PM

204 posts, read 508,006 times

Advertisements

What do you think Angels look like if you believe they exist?

I've read different things about people saying they were in the presence of an angel. Some say the being was made out of pure light. Others say the being they believe was an angel was in the form of a man. Still others say the being they saw had huge wings and was enormous.

So what do you think an angel looks like? Can they change forms? And if so what do you think their true form looks like?

Does anybody on the forum have any personal experiences with Angels...do you think you've every seen one? If so give details. I've met some wonderful people that to me were angels...hmmmm I wonder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Aren't angels spiritual entities? If so, then they can't be seen. If angels can be seen, that would indicate that they are composed of matter, and hence not spiritual entities.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Hebrews 13:2 " Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it".
This tells me angels can have human form, but I do not believe people become angels when they die. I'm sure I have been in the presence of angels and not know it, angel means messenger. Angels ministered to Jesus and I think He uses them to minister to us today and to watch over us.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Default angels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Aren't angels spiritual entities? If so, then they can't be seen. If angels can be seen, that would indicate that they are composed of matter, and hence not spiritual entities.
When angels appeared in the Bible, they were seen. Usually, the first thing they said was "fear not." So obviously, they knew that their appearance was supernatural and therefore, rather startling to the person they appeared to.

I personally have never seen an angel but I have had friends and also a former pastor who say they have and because I know the intergrity and sanity of the ones making the claim, I absolutely believe them.

The book of Hebrews says that we may be entertaining angels without knowing it. That obviously suggests that they do appear and they can appear in human form.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
they would look like me...

Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
When angels appeared in the Bible, they were seen. Usually, the first thing they said was "fear not." So obviously, they knew that their appearance was supernatural and therefore, rather startling to the person they appeared to.

I personally have never seen an angel but I have had friends and also a former pastor who say they have and because I know the intergrity and sanity of the ones making the claim, I absolutely believe them.

The book of Hebrews says that we may be entertaining angels without knowing it. That obviously suggests that they do appear and they can appear in human form.
Thats a good point, if they were always saying "fear not" do you think they looked really frightening. Like ENORMOUS????

Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM

311 posts, read 1,376,787 times
I assume that this post was not referring to the Anaheim Angels?

Absolutely I believe in angels. My daughter is one actually.

Angels are spirit beings created by God. They do not have a physical body like humans, but evidently they can change form to appear like humans or at least in some way that is recognizable to us. Angels appeared to various people in the Bible and from these accounts we can gather much information about them. Their appearances always resulted in wonder and amazement.

I have not personally had any experiences that I know of but there have been some situations that make me wonder.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Hebrews 13:2 " Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it".
This tells me angels can have human form, but I do not believe people become angels when they die. I'm sure I have been in the presence of angels and not know it, angel means messenger. Angels ministered to Jesus and I think He uses them to minister to us today and to watch over us.
What do you think their true form looks like? I also think they can take the form of man, but I always wonder if they are made out of light , or what does their true form look like?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
uh...or not!!! J/K, yes, they could look just like arguy!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
YAY we found one!!!
Now what do you look like? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality