Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,022,809 times

Advertisements

Read this on a friend's discussion forum and thought I'd give it a whirl over here: I think it's a rather compelling argument to refute those who insist that the bible is infallible or "inerrant" or those who say there are NO contradictions in the bible. Obviously there are contradictions. My faith in Christ does not depend on an infallible written text and neither should anyone's.

Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

Here is a YouTube video which points out many Biblical Contradictions. It does not cover all Contradictions nor does it cover the topic of errors but the way the topic is presented is interesting and even cute in my humble opinion.

If you are so inclined, give it a look...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,962 times
...cute you say...?

No, it is far from cute!

It is EVIL!, irreverent towads God and all things held sacred, impious, profane, disrespectful,.......did I mention EVIL!!!

[font=Arial Black]Moderator cut: Thread has been moved

Last edited by june 7th; 11-30-2011 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-29-2011, 03:22 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,555,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Read this on a friend's discussion forum and thought I'd give it a whirl over here: I think it's a rather compelling argument to refute those who insist that the bible is infallible or "inerrant" or those who say there are NO contradictions in the bible. Obviously there are contradictions. My faith in Christ does not depend on an infallible written text and neither should anyone's.

Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

Here is a YouTube video which points out many Biblical Contradictions. It does not cover all Contradictions nor does it cover the topic of errors but the way the topic is presented is interesting and even cute in my humble opinion.

If you are so inclined, give it a look...
If it's on Youtube, it must be true.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,022,809 times
Neither of you addressed the points that clearly show where the bible contradicts itself. If all you can do is name-call, that is not a legitimate way to debate an issue. It was my friend who said he thought it was cute. I posted my words in blue saying that I was reposting something he had posted on his forum.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Neither of you addressed the points that clearly show where the bible contradicts itself. If all you can do is name-call, that is not a legitimate way to debate an issue. It was my friend who said he thought it was cute. I posted my words in blue saying that I was reposting something he had posted on his forum.
..nah...that boat don't float! You like it and you agree with it. Nuff said...

...and by the way...there were quite a few (of the ones I heard through my seething anger) passages I heard on it...that...IF! one had the tinyest (at best) amount of knowledge in His word, through the Spirit, would KNOW that they are not contradictory one bit! NONE of God's word contradicts Himself! N O N E !

Old 11-29-2011, 03:41 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,628,851 times
These guys are brilliant, they have several videos and this is an exceptionally good one. No one can argue with this, it's right there in your face and spelled out quite clearly through the Q&A how ridiculous it is for people to claim this book is inerrant. Any responses you get are going to be personal attacks against YOU, you know that right? Because there's no way to argue against this one.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM

Nothing like quoting random scripture to make a point. Oh, but wait.......there's no way to refute it so let's just throw scripture out there saying people are dogs and pigs who disagree with you. Still waiting for some solid argument against the video. Ain't gonna happen because it's true. In your face, unabashed truth that is hard for some people to handle.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM

Context!!!!!! - YouTube

Here's another one by the same "nonstampcollector" poster......it's sooooooo true. The minute one mentions a discrepancy in the Bible is the minute inerrant bible believers start screaming "CONTEXT"!!!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM

134 posts, read 169,157 times
I, like Heartsong, look to Jesus as both the Author and Finisher of my faith. I started out believing what I was told about the Bible being the “Perfect Word of God”. As I matured in my studies, I came to realize that the Bible was man’s words about God. My continued study of the NT and early Church History revealed that early Christianity was very diverse and that Orthodoxy didn’t exist until the 4th Century. The modern day Dogmas of Christian Fundamentalism didn’t exist until the late 19th Century.

In the Bible, Yahweh is documented to have killed almost 3 million people, not counting any flood victims which could have been in the 10’s of millions. But “Satan” killed only 10 – 7 sons and 3 daughters of Job and he only did this because “god” allowed him. Yet in Matt 5:48 and Luke 6:40 Jesus commands us to be “Perfect” just like our Heavenly Father is Perfect. Does it concern you when people are convinced that they are doing “The Lord’s Work”? It should!

The Heavenly Father that Jesus points us to and whose will he always performed, bears no resemblance to the bigoted, unjust, tyrannical and murderous “god” of the OT. I don’t believe for one moment that God “thinks or acts” in this fashion! The OT writers projected their own evil-nature (the un-regenerated spirit of man) on the true image of God. This is HOW the “FEAR of God” was developed. All the Priesthood had to do was convince the ignorant and illiterate masses that God acts like evil men and… BINGO! FEAR and Control Reigns! This is the only “Satan” that we need fear - it is the un-regenerated spirit of man! But it IS a very Potent Evil!

This is why I use Caution with all Bible studies. I use the core message of Jesus as my "Jesus Filter" on everything I read and study.

IMHO, Inerrancy is a false and unsupportable Dogma which allows the Bible to become a false idol. Given mankind's obvious potential for evil, any accepted source of "absolute authority" or "Truth" (ex: the Bible) is itself dangerous beyond measure. History proves this without question.

Last edited by jfraysse; 11-29-2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,161,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
If it's on Youtube, it must be true.
If it's true, it's true whether it's on YouTube or no..

And yes, it's true. The Bible is a trainwreck of contradictions and absurdities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality