Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:05 AM

285 posts, read 297,741 times

Advertisements

Death is the greatest mystery after mystery of gods existence Atheists suppose it very simple while it is not so. when a human is dieing what he/she will see and feel .have you any opinion about or do you guess anything ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Death is the greatest mystery after mystery of gods existence Atheists suppose it very simple while it is not so. when a human is dieing what he/she will see and feel .have you any opinion about or do you guess anything ?
Eh, working in the healthcare field I've been around many who have died, including holding someones hand while listening to their heartbeat slip away, family watching et al.

My general habit is to inform the family and get out of the room asap so they can have their moments alone.

Pain pain pain (hopefully controlled by adequate medication) followed by lights out is my take on it. Some deaths have been a surprise and very peaceful, others have been a long and sad fight.

I do believe hypoxia produces affects, and there have been numerous studies and reports (primarily pilots in training) that suggest "The tunnel of light" is simply the result of hypoxia. Since the pilots in those training situations were physiologically fine and weren't facing death, yet still reported "The tunnel of light" - to me, the "oh, it's your soul being called to heaven" crowd seems grossly...uninformed and guided by emotion rather than reason.

Of course - that talk isn't therapeutic at work - so it never gets discussed or shared .

Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,479 times
Manss,

I don't know that death is like for the dying. I don't spend much time dwelling on it, to be honest.

I was there when my mother passed. It was nothing like I expected.
Although she was already in a coma when it happened,it still didn't seem as "peacful" as I had hoped. It's really hard to describe.

TheEarthBeneathMe,

Would you mind explaining what hypoxia is? I'm sure I could google it. But, if you don't mind I'd rather hear it from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Of course - that talk isn't therapeutic at work - so it never gets discussed or shared .

Is that your opinion, hospital policy, or both?

Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post

TheEarthBeneathMe,

Would you mind explaining what hypoxia is? I'm sure I could google it. But, if you don't mind I'd rather hear it from you.

Is that your opinion, hospital policy, or both?
Hypoxia is when the body is deprived of Oxygen. The brain being starved of it and the physiological responses that follow are what make the most sense for me with regard to the "tunnel" etc. That explains why the nowhere-near-death pilots report the "tunnel of light" as well as people who come back to report near death experiences.

The simplest solution is generally the most accurate - and the people who hold "The tunnel" as being a "connection to the other side" must now work out why people not near death are experiencing the same thing.

Not sharing is more my own policy. Faith, praying etc is more a therapeutic intervention in that situation - it calms, it brings hope, comfort etc, and is generally a good tool to have.

I save the Atheist/Nihilist bit for when I'm out of there!

Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
what happen when a peson is dieing . what he/she will see and feel ?
You can find all kinds of NDE experiences recorded online if you know how to do a Google search. It's up to you what make of them.

Go ahead.

NDE sites on world wide web

Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
most are not alive. most are sleep walking. they only think they r awake. death and birth are the 2 times u wake up briefly. it also occurs, being truly awake & alive, when you are pretty sure you are guna die, like war trauma or extreme violence.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
most are not alive. most are sleep walking. they only think they r awake. death and birth are the 2 times u wake up briefly. it also occurs, being truly awake & alive, when you are pretty sure you are guna die, like war trauma or extreme violence.
That's an interesting view.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Hypoxia is when the body is deprived of Oxygen. The brain being starved of it and the physiological responses that follow are what make the most sense for me with regard to the "tunnel" etc. That explains why the nowhere-near-death pilots report the "tunnel of light" as well as people who come back to report near death experiences.

The simplest solution is generally the most accurate - and the people who hold "The tunnel" as being a "connection to the other side" must now work out why people not near death are experiencing the same thing.

Not sharing is more my own policy. Faith, praying etc is more a therapeutic intervention in that situation - it calms, it brings hope, comfort etc, and is generally a good tool to have.

I save the Atheist/Nihilist bit for when I'm out of there!
Thanks (for real this time*)

* you'll get that when you see my reply to one of your answers on another thread

I appreciate that you think of it as possibly theraputic.
And that you have the compassion to put your beliefs on hold (?) in that situation.

Do you work in an ICU?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
You can find all kinds of NDE experiences recorded online if you know how to do a Google search. It's up to you what make of them.

Go ahead.

NDE sites on world wide web
All the results of what ever physical event was going on, on the brain, lack of oxygen to the brain primarily, combined with chemical changes going on in the body, in addition to any drugs taken or given.

Our body, which includes our mind or consciousness is a pretty complex chemical process, and the slightest imbalances can cause dramatic effects.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:47 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
I'm kinda hoping I'll wake up in the 39th century and find out I've really been playing a game of "The Sims 2302827" this whole time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality