Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,695,297 times

Advertisements

Is God on the moon? What if somebody dies on the moon would they go to heaven if that was their belief? My mother and I were wondering Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 12-30-2011 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Is God on the moon? What if somebody dies on the moon would they go to heaven if that was their belief? My mother and I were wondering and this is a real question Moderator cut: orphaned

Believing in heaven is not enough to go there, first of all.

However, given the right circumstances, yes it's possible to physically die while on the moon and then live on in heaven. That would depend on if God puts you there. He says there will be a "new heaven and a new earth". So, the majority will accually be dwelling on the new earth, I believe.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-30-2011 at 08:24 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
He says there will be a "new heaven and a new earth". So, the majority will accually be dwelling on the new earth, I believe.
So does that mean you're saying the majority will not be in Hell? Or are you saying that the "new earth" is synonymous with Hell? (I'm not trying to pick a fight here; I'm just curious.)

Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,010 times
Why wouldn't God be on the moon? God's domain is over the entire universe.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:49 PM

460 posts, read 592,910 times
If we can move away from the idea that God is a "being," then it really doesn't matter where the human exists.

There are only a few instances inthe Bible that can be or even shojuld be (possibly) be taken literally. A "new heaven and earth" is not one of those. "Heaven refers to the stars above, a remnant of the Sumerian (and possibly earlier) concept that the gods came down to Earth from the canopy that surrounds the Earth.

"Earth," as I posted elsewhere, is a materialistic concept in which human beings are grounded in. In the OT, it is synonomous with Death. One of the reasons why Seth and Elijah (and the Christ after the resurrection) could no longer live on the Earth was because they had transcended Death, which is another way of stating that they had found such great favor with God (or the gods) that they were spared to remain in a state of Death.

A new Earth simply mirrors the only reality humans know or can identify with. To imply the NT interpretation is a future reality is consistent with the limitations of mankind. It also reflects a "new age" thought of the first and second centuries ce that the soul will be incarnated in a perfect Earth body--although why we would want such a thing boggles my mind.

We carry our God with us no matter where we go. If we proclaim that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, then to limit ITs presence and activity on this insignificant speck in the universe is quite ridiculous. No?

Old 12-30-2011, 06:56 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Is God on the moon? What if somebody dies on the moon would they go to heaven if that was their belief? My mother and I were wondering Moderator cut: orphaned
Hey, it's make believe, and that makes anything that you can imagine possible, but only in your imagination, I'm afraid.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-30-2011 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
No, there's a "man in the moon".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality