U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 11:07 AM

18,005 posts, read 6,466,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Gentiles who converted to Judaism were a different kettle of fish from Pauline Christians. Paul rather more converted Judaism to the Gentiles and Gentiles is what they were and remain. They were not Jews any more than they are now. 'Lawlessness' in both the sense of the Jewish law (and, it seems, any others) is what Paul taught them and this is what caused his dispute (as i understand it) with the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem.

I agree that some Jewish idea were borrowed and (later) applied to Jesus, like the sacrificial lamb idea. That still does not make it a 'given' that Pauline Christians were anything but Gentiles.
Jesus or Paul neither changed any laws.

What Christians are reading is completely missing most of the information Trans, Paul is speaking in known terms of conversation to whether you want to stay a Christian convert made for Gentile converts, or that as a Gentile you should go all the way in and live just as Jews lived, what takes on half the book is idioms and phrases, KNOWN phrases about conversation and the difference between Gentile and Jewish culture and heritage that only Jews would keep. I am a very good example between the two because I don't keep kosher, only in certain things do I keep culture because I was born a Gentile, but if I wanted to keep culture and all the heritage, I could make a full conversion, and what Paul IS ALWAYS explaining is the fact that Gentiles are grafted and adopted into the name,'' Israel,'' under the promise of the return of the ten lost tribes of Gentiles. IF I CHOOSE to keep all the law, I AM RIGHTEOUS, keeping ALL the law IS NOT BEING KEPT FOR SALVATION, IT IS KEPT OUT OF HONOR AND LOVE FOR DOING WHAT PLEASES GOD, NOT TO BE SAVED AS SOME SAID, BUT TO REJOICE IN KEEPING ALL THE LAW.

Paul is ALWAYS showing the difference between Gentiles of Israel and Jews of Judah, FOR DECADES there was ongoing debates on whether or not Gentiles should keep all the laws as Jews were STILL keeping, it was STILL JUDAISM, and this question of Paul leaving Judaism or teaching against Judaism had his life in the balance.

Was Paul teaching against Judaism at any time?

That is the question, and it is VERY reasonable that I have seen countless of Mesianics just rip Paul's letters from the book, because AS YOU ASSUME, AS THEY ASSUMED, THOSE VERY EDUCATED MESSIANICS, AS THEY ALSO ASSUMED, '' PAUL IS TEACHING AGAINST JUDAISM, AGAINST WHAT JESUS SAID.''

Jesus said,'' Whoever keeps the laws and teaches the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom.''

Galatians 5:1-4

LOOK at this as an example, Christians never know what they are reading, Galatians explains that you are two sons, THERE ARE TWO LAWS FOR EACH SON.

Galatians 5
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Messiah (Christ) has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Indeed I, Sha'ul (Paul), say to you that if you become circumcised, Messiah will profit you nothing.
and I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
You who have become estranged from Messiah, you who seek to be justified by law;1 you have fallen from grace.
To our modern ears, unfamiliar with the religious culture of Sha'ul's time, this can sound like a warning against all Torah observance, and circumcision in particular. If we become circumcised, we will suddenly take on a debt that cannot be paid off. If anyone actually wants to do anything the Torah says, it is a sure sign they have come under bondage, fallen from grace, and become a stranger to the One who loves us.

But once we know that the Perushim (Pharisees) used circumcision as the final act when converting a Gentile to their form of Judaism; that it was a public commitment to keep the whole Torah, things begin to get clearer. And when we understand that what the Perushim meant by "Torah" included not only the books of Moses, but also what Yeshua (Jesus) called "the tradition of men" (what later became the Talmud), things become clearer still. Sha'ul wasn't warning against the Biblical instruction of circumcision, or anything else written through Moses. Rather, he was saying Don't let the gift of a life-changing relationship with Messiah fade into "works of Law": mere rule-keeping (especially rule-keeping by compulsion — our own or others'). Jer. 31:33 says YHWH will write His Torah on our hearts. It will become our joy to follow it.

Look at the word "again" in verse 1. The Galatians were primarily non-Jews. Most of them didn't observe Torah before being given faith in Yeshua. So the Torah couldn't be the yoke of bondage they were again being entangled in.2 What was that bondage? Perhaps they were again giving away personal responsibility for their spirituality. Perhaps they were in danger of simply exchanging the Traditions of the Pagans for the Traditions of the Perushim. Or of trading one worship-by-appeasement for another, instead of finding rest in YHWH's love.

Lastly, verse 4 doesn't say that wanting to do what is written in the Bible is the problem, but seeking to be justified by doing those things. As they are written on our hearts, we do the things instructed in Torah, not in order to be saved, but because we delight in them.

Besides this, Galatians is teavhing deep truth about TWO LAWS for the TWO SONS YOU ARE, HOW THE LAW OF MOSES WILL JUDGE ALL FLESH, AND HOW THE OTHER LAW BRINGS LIFE TO THE OTHER SON~~Christians don't get it.

EVERYONE HAS LOST SIGHT THAT JESUS CAME AS A HERO THAT BRINGS JUDAISM TO THE WHOLE WORLD ADDING TO THE NATION OF THE ALREADY SAVED, CHOSEN PEOPLE.

Jesus comes uo to the teachers of the land, those in power, and mind you, Rome had gaken over in 6 A.D. certainly advancing those they could advance theough any means, but even so, what those teachers were teaching was not the point of the law.

Jesus came as a mediator of the covenant promised to Israel,'' The lost sheep of the house of Israel.

When Jesus came, he should have found that every single Jew had a Gentile convert and that for every single Jew there woudld be a legal congregation, and even the Talmud teaches this, that for each of the four strands hanging from every Jew is a thousand Gentiles hanging on to, and all of them saying,'' Teach me your ways, let me be called by your name.''

Jesus came offering a new Covenant for Israel and Judah, but there WAS NO ISRAEL, there was only 7000 of the lost sheep of Israel living amongst Jews where God says,'' Don't go to the Gentiles right now, but rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel..''''

Isaiah 26
Thou hast increased the nation, O LORD, thou hast increased the nation: thou art glorified: thou hadst removed it far unto all the ends of the earth.~~~~~.(JESUS ADDED TO THE NATION BECAUSE JOHN WENT BEFORE HIM AS A FRIEND OF THE BRIDEGROOM PREPARING GALILEE OF THE TEN LOST TRIBES TO COME AS FEMALES TO MARRY JUDAH~~~SPECIFICALLY TO FULFILL THE PROMISED BETROTHAL TO THE TEN LOST TRIBES OF ISREAL, THEY WILL RETURN IN THE BILLIONS, ALL OF THEM BETROTHED TO JUDAH

All of them as one and betrothed to Jews, does it look that way?

Jesus came making a church out of the lost sheep of the house of Israel,'' The kingdom of Ephraim.''

BECAUSE no Jew had a congregation of Gentiles by going out and conveting Gentiles, Jesus then stood as ANY JEW COULD HAVE STOOD AND OFFERED.
There was a first Passover lamb, and then all priests stood as Passover lambs, and then every Jew stood as Passover lambs with a legal congregation symbolised in those ten lost tribes,'' Ten men will grasp the sleeve of every Jew pleading tk be called by their name.''

As a Jew, he offered Gentiles to come and marry into Israel through the promise of Hosea two, God has ended the ten lost tribes because they all willingly became Gentiles,'' Not his people.''

LOST, but then God makes an astounding prophesy that those lost Gentiles would one day be offered a betrothal states in Hosea 2, THAT ALL OF THE LOST TEN TRIBES OF ISRAEL WOULD COME AS WOMEN, THEY WOULD COME AS FEMALES, THEY WOULD COME AS SUBMISSIVE VIRGINS, THEY WOULD COME AND BE SERVANTS TO ISRAEL BY ISAIAH, JEREMIAH, HOSEA.

That God seeded those ten tribes into the nations, HIS SON, '' EPHRAIM.''

BUT NOW, one day Judah would stand and offer a betrothal to the Gentiles of the wodld, and when Jesus came, those Gentiles should have been standing with Jews waiting upon the messenger of God to mediate a wedding JUST AS MOSES had stood between the people and God, SO TOO, did Jesus come as a mediator but with his own hand, he stood offering a betrothal ANY JEW could have offered.

Jesus came as a hero to Judaism, Jesus DID NOT COME OFFERING A BETROTHAL TO A JEW TO BECOME A JEW.

Is there another Gospel now?

NO.

Does Paul have his own gospel? Did Paul come speaking against God's plan in converting Gentiles to Judaism?

Paul either came teaching the same gospel of Christ or he didn't, that gospel was that there was now a way made for a Gentile to marry into Judah to be redeemed under the name,'' Israel,'' to stand as CO-HEIRS WITH JEWS.

CO HEIRS, not replacement, NOT EVEN THE SAME THING, but CO HEIRS.

The reason Paul gets confused is from lost knowledge of Jewish costums, ifioms and phrases and mostly,'' CONCEPTS.''

Paul's people were of ISRAEL, NOT JUDAH.

Paul was afopted and grafted into Judah living as a Jew amongst Jews and he is explaning HIS adoption, the fact that HE was grafted, and he is telling us about his people Israel who died because of disbelief, his God had ended his people Israel and now he has bexome a Jew. Problem is, eveyone and even supposed experts are reading about Israel thinking they are reading of Judah.

Paul was CHOSEN because he was one of the 7000 reserved remnant in Israel reserved from all the ten tribes of Israel, as were ALL THE DISCIPLES.

The priesthood HAD NOT fallen to Gentiles, the priesthood had fell to the RESERVED REMNANT and Paul was chosen specifically BECAUSE he was of that 7000 of those reserved of Israel the PRIESTHOOD had fallen to.

This is why Paul aays,'' Not of the Jew only, BUT ALSO EVEN TO US.''

Paul is offering that same adoption the he went through himself, and when he is speaking of Israel, he isn't speaking of the history of Judah, but of Israel.

AGAIN, if anyone begins reading the New Teatament in bias against Judaism, they have ZERO chance of understanding it, you have to begin knowing that Paul was converting Gentiles to Judaism, and anything he may have said to a Gentile could never be said to a Jew, if Paul had spoken against a Jew keeping the law at anytime, he deserves death, and the fact that Paul WAS brought into court for this reason so many times, it should leave us with NO DOUBT that Paul NEVER left Judaism, and he never taught Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, Paul's life continually hung on a thread from THIS REASON, he proved his innocence time and time again, he was converting people to Judaism, not teaching against it.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-19-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 11:40 AM

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law..."

What could be clearer? The Torah is a curse and Christ has redeemed us from it. Isn't that what it says?

Nowhere else in the Bible is the Torah called a curse. On the contrary, the very first Psalm begins,

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the Torah of the Lord, and in His Torah he meditates day and night."

And Shaul/Paul, even when writing about how sin had used God's commanding of the Torah to deceive us, nevertheless says,

"Therefore the Torah is holy..." (Rom 7:12)

The Torah of the Lord cannot be both holy and a curse, so what is Galatians 3:13 saying?

Throughout the Torah there are descriptions of the blessings which result from obedience, and the curses which are the consequence of disobedience. In a general sense, Galatians 3:13 is saying that Messiah has redeemed us from all of the curses. Specifically, it is referring back to the curse mentioned in verse 10, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." (Deut. 27:26)

In other words, if there is a Torah instruction I am not yet able to perform, or not yet aware of, or if I used to walk in God's ways but have fallen away, or I've never walked in God's ways, then I am under a curse and in need of redemption.

Yeshua took the punishments for our sin upon Himself. He redeemed us from the curses which are the consequence of our disobedience. But He never took away the blessings that result when we are obedient.

Yeshua has redeemed us from the curse, but not from the blessing, of the Torah!

Galatians 3:13 - The Curse of the Law

Old 12-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Galatians 3

Galations 3:13

And the scripture foreseeing that God would justify (make righteous
/ justify or save) the heathen through FAITH preached the GOSPEL unto
Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So they they which be of FAITH are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse: for it
is written, cursed is every one that continues not in all the things which
are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified (made righteous / justified / saved)
by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith
(Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17, Hebrews 10:38).

12 And the law is not of faith: but the man that doeth them shall live
in them (Lev 18:5, Ezekiel 20:11, 13, 21)

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a
curse for us: for as it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on
a tree (Deuteronomy 21:23)

When reading the text, it is important to read the text in
CONTEXT. Secondly, we need to read the text with a Hebraic mindset
and understanding.

#1) What is the setting of these verses of scripture? The issue is
HOW is a person justified or saved in the eyes of God. Paul quotes
from the JEWISH scriptures to make his point in the matter.

In Galations 3:8, Paul quotes from Genesis 12:3.
In Galations 3:10, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 27:26
In Galations 3:11, Paul quotes from Habakkuk 2:4
In Galations 3:12, Paul quotes from Leviticus 18:5
In Galations 3:13, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 21:23

First, notice that Paul is NOT establishing new doctrine. He uses the
Jewish scriptures and mostly the first five books of Moses to prove
his position. Therefore, the Apostle Paul (Rav Sha'ul) is making a
Torah based argument for his position. Rather than invalidating the
Torah through the work of the Messiah, the Apostle Paul (Rav Sha'ul)
shows how the Torah teaches that a person is justified in the
eyes of God not by works but by faith (and the grace/mercy) of God.
Therefore, his doctrine is not new but it is Torah based and centered
in the Jewish scriptures.

While Abraham was justified by faith in the eyes of God (Galations
3:9), he KEPT the Torah of God (Genesis 26:5).

James uses Abraham as an example to show us that he was justified by
God by faith but his faith was made perfect (complete / full stature)
by his works because Abraham acted on his faith because faith without
works is dead (James 1:20-23).

The issue being discussed in Galations 3 is HOW is a person SAVED in
the eyes of God? Paul answers the question by quoting from the Jewish
scriptures including the Torah and stating that a person is SAVED by
God through faith in the work of the Messiah and not by his own
works.

Christians often get confused and equate law (Torah) with salvation.
This issue should become clear when we examine two Hebrew words,
Law (TORAH) and Jesus (YESHUA).

Jesus (YESHUA) means "salvation" (Matthew 1:21)
Law (TORAH) means "instruction".

When I think of "salvation", I think of JESUS (YESHUA).
When I think of "instruction", (how God wants me to live my faith
AFTER I am saved by YESHUA / Jesus) then this is TORAH.

The Hebrew word, TORAH (Strong's 8451) comes from the Hebrew word
YARAH (Strong's 3384) which means "to teach, to point out as aiming
the finger". INSTRUCTION is what a father (our heavenly father)
gives to his children (those who are saved by faith in Messiah) in
living a life which is pleasing to the father.

Torah DOES NOT save us but it was given by God to INSTRUCT us how
to live our life AFTER we are saved. Yeshua / Jesus was/is the living
Torah / Word of God made flesh. When He lived his life on this
earth, He INSTRUCTED his followers how they were to live their lives
on this earth in a way which would be pleasing to our heavenly father.

One of the Messiah's most memorable instruction sessions is called
within Christianity, the "sermon on the mount". In Matthew 5:16, it
is written:

"Let your light (Psalm 119:33,97,111 ... TEACH (YARAH -- 3384) me, O
Lord, the WAY (Strong's 1870 --- (Derek) --- a course of life or mode
of action) of your statues and I shall keep it unto the end ... O how
I love thy TORAH ... thy word (Torah) is a LAMP (light) unto my feet
and a LIGHT unto my path)(Proverbs 6:23 ... For the COMMANDMENT is a
LAMP : and the TORAH is LIGHT) so shine before men (by keeping the
commandments of God) that they may see you GOOD WORKS and glorify
your Father which is in heaven"

So, Jesus / Yeshua said that keeping the commandments (Torah) of God
is LIGHT and GOOD WORKS (not talking about salvation).

In Matthew 5:17, Yeshua/Jesus continues by saying:

"THINK NOT that I have come to destroy the TORAH (a Jewish idiom
which means to wrongly interpret and apply the meaning of the Torah
to your life) but I have not come to destroy (wrongly interpret and
apply to your life) but to fulfill (a Jewish idiom which means to
correctly interpret and apply the Torah to your life) ..."

In John 14:15, Yeshua/Jesus said:

"If you love, keep my commandments"

In Revelation 22:12,14 it is written:

"And behold, I come quickly; and my REWARD is with me, to give every
man according as his WORK (good works) shall be .... BLESSED are they
that DO his commandments (walks by love and keeps the Torah) that
they may have right to the tree of life and may enter in through the
gates of the city"

Therefore, the first issue is to read the text in context. The
context of Galation 3 is HOW is a person saved? The answer is that
salvation does not come by TRUSTING in keeping the Torah for your
salvation but by the work of the Messiah through his death on the
tree.

#2) When we interpret this text from a Hebraic mindset, the CURSE of
the law was NOT KEEPING the Torah. Messiah redeemed us from the
CURSE of NOT KEEPING the Torah (for salvation sake).

The greatest commandment of God is given in Deuteronomy 6:3-7
as it is written:

"HEAR (SHEMA) therefore, Israel and observe to DO it (keep the
commandments and statutes of God) that it may be WELL with thee (a
blessing) that you might INCREASE MIGHTILY ... Hear (SHEMA), O
Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord: and you shall love the Lord thy
God with all thine heart and with all thy soul and with all thy
might. And these words which I command thee this day, shall be in
thine HEART (the Torah written upon the heart) and you shall TEACH
them diligently unto thy children ..."

Yeshua/Jesus said that these words in Deut 6:4-5 is the GREATEST
commandment (Matthew 22:36-38, Mark 12:28-30).

So, therefore, Yeshua/Jesus said that the GREATEST commandment is to
love God and you show your love to God by keeping his commandments
(Deut 6:3-7, John 14:15).

In Deuteronomy 28:1-14 is the BLESSING for KEEPING the commandments
of God. In Deuteronomy 28:1-2 it is written:

"And it shall come to pass that if you will HEARKEN (SHEMA)
diligently (Deut 6:4-7) unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to
observe and to DO ALL His commandments which I command you this day
that ... all these BLESSINGS shall come on thee and overtake thee
..."

In Deuteronomy 28:15-68 specifies the CURSES for BREAKING the
commandments of God. In Deuteronomy 28:15 it is written:

"But it shall come to pass, if you shall NOT hearken (SHEMA) unto the
voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to DO ALL his commandments and
his statutes ... that all these CURSES shall come upon thee and
overtake thee ..."

In Deuteronomy 30:15-19, God reiterates that BLESSINGS will come upon
his people for KEEPING His commandments and CURSES for NOT keeping
His commandments as it is written:

"See, I have set before thee this day LIFE and GOOD and DEATH and
EVIL. In that I command this this day to LOVE the Lord they God (the
greatest commandment ... Matthew 22:36-38, Mark 12:28-30) to walk in
his ways (1870 = Derek ... which is a course of life or mode of
action) and to KEEP his commandments and his statutes and his
judgments, that thou mayest LIVE and MULTIPLY ... BUT if your heart
turns away, so that you will NOT HEAR (SHEMA) ... I will DENOUNCE you
this day ... I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that I have set before you LIFE (keeping the Torah and the
commandments of God) and DEATH (breaking the Torah and the
commandments of God) BLESSING (for keeping) and CURSING (for
breaking): therefore CHOOSE LIFE (keeping the Torah and the
commandments of God) that both you and your seed may live"

Therefore, the CURSE was for BREAKING the commandments of God. Teh
BLESSING was for KEEPING the commandments of God. But, KEEPING the
commandments of God DOES NOT SAVE you in the eyes of God. The Torah
POINTS you and sets the standard of God to show your need for the
Messiah while at the same time reveals and INSTRUCTS us how to live
our lives in a way which is pleasing to God.

THE TORAH IS THE TREE OF LIFE

In the Garden of Eden, there were two trees. One tree was
called the TREE OF LIFE (Genesis 2:9). In Proverbs 3, we see that the
TORAH is called a TREE OF LIFE. In Proverbs 3:1,17-18 it is written:

"My son, forget not my TORAH but let thine heart KEEP my commandments
... her ways are ways of pleasantness and all her paths are peace.
She is a TREE OF LIFE to them that lay hold of her: and happy is
every one that retaineth her"

But one may say, isn't Proverbs 3 also talking about wisdom? In
Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-6 it is written:

"Now therefore HEARKEN (SHEMA) O Israel, unto the statutes and unto
the judgements which I TEACH you for to DO them that you may LIVE ...
Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my
God commanded me ... KEEP therefore and DO them: for this is your
WISDOM (keeping the Torah/commandments of God) and your understanding
in the sight of the nations which shall hear (SHEMA) all these
statutes and say, surely this great nation is a WISE and
understanding people"

In Revelation 22:12,14, Jesus/Yeshua says that those who DO his
commandments may have right to the TREE OF LIFE"

In Revelation 22:1-2, there is a pure river of water of life
proceeding from the throne of God. And on either side of the river ws
the TREE OF LIFE which bare 12 manner of fruits and yielded her fruit
every month and the LEAVES of the tree were for the HEALING of the
nations.

Did you know that the PAGES of the Torah scroll are called LEAVES? In
Jeremiah 36:21,23 it is written:

"So the king sent Jehudi to fetch the ROLL ... and Jehudi READ it in
the ears of the king ... And it came to pass when Jehudi had read
THREE or FOUR LEAVES ..."

So, the "leaves" on the "tree of life" is a reference to the pages of
a Torah scroll. Revelation 22:2 is a quote and reference from Psalm
1:2-3 which describes a person who KEEPS the Torah of God as it is
written:

"But his delight is in the TORAH of the Lord: and in his TORAH does
he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a TREE planted by the
RIVERS OF WATER, that bringeth forth his FRUIT in his seas and his
LEAF also shall not wither and whatsoever he does shall PROSPER"

Therefore in conclusion in understanding Galations 3:13, we need to
understand that Paul is NOT making a new doctrine but he quotes the
Jewish scriptures to validate that one is justified (saved) by faith
and not by trusting in your own righteousness through the keeping of
the Torah/commandments of God.

However, by understanding and viewing the scriptures from a Hebraic
mindset, the above truth does not negate the roll of the Torah in the
life of a believer in Yeshua/Jesus as Messiah because God's word
states over and over and Yeshua/Jesus himself states that the
GREATER BLESSING that God will give to His people (apart from
salvation) will be unto those who keep the Torah of God.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:53 AM

It is very hard to understand Paul because as Christians we have always shunned the holy days, traditions, rituals of things done in conversions in many things of cultire and heritage only Jews would know, like the Otal Torah in the mind OF EVERY JEW.

If Paul EVER taught any Jew to disrespect or not keep the laws, then Paul deserved to be killed as a false prophet, and ther is such great confusion that when a person chooses Jesus over Paul, they often rip the words of Paul out of the book because of preconcieved ideas about Paul teaching a new Gospel.

Acts 21 really shows the whole story, either Paul is a two faced lying coward or what is being said there is true, and if it is true, then every Christian is missrepresenting Paul.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH KEEPING KOSHER.

WHAT IS WRONG IS THAT EVERY CHRISTIAN CALLS YOU A LEGALISTIC JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO KEEP KOSHER. WHAT IS WRONG IS THAT IF YOU WANT TO EVEN TEACH THE BEAUTY OF THE LAW, OR A FEAST, PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU OF BEING LEGALISTIC AS IF YOU ARE ONLY DOING IT TO BE SAVED, IF YOU LOVE THE WAYS OF CHRIST, PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU OF BEING LEGALISTIC FOR EVEN KEEPING PASSOVER WHEN YOU AREN'T KEEPING IT TO BE SAVED, YOU KEEP IT BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT.

What is wrong is for somebody to say,'' Hey, you are going to hell if you don't keep kosher.''

It is motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality