Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:47 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,668,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansarado View Post
Secular laws didn't prevent Hitler from murdering millions of people. It didn't protect the people against Stalin either.

How many years ago did this occur?

When you get to that point you can define the law. The law will change with the status quo of society.

Things like euthansia will likely be common place. Why wouldn't they be?
Hitler professed to be a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
If any self proclaimed Christian particpated in the murder of people, they are again, in direct confrontation with the words spoken by Jesus Christ.

And what other Christians did was irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that if they lived their life by the words of Jesus Christ, they would not responsible for this genocide.

And perhaps Hitler wasn't the best example because I believe that he believed he was a God, but he certainly did not follow the principles of Christianity.

Stalin; however, just did not believe in ultimate consequences, so he did what was natural.
This one reminds me that Jim Jones was a minister in the Disciples Of Christ church.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Atheists are indoctrinated that there is no God, so there are no consequences. Additionally, they are told that they will no longer exist once their life is extinguished as there is no aftelife.

Christians for instance, are indoctrinated that they have consequences in the afterlife for the way they've lived their life, and to love your brothers and sisters, show mercy, and be selfless.

Who would you rather have governing you?
Every word in this post is wrong. I think that set a forum record.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
Hitler is quoted as having told Minister of Justice Hans Frank that he has come to fulfill the curse imposed by the Jews themselves in the New Testament: “His (Jesus') blood be upon us and upon our children.” Hitler, born and raised as a Roman Catholic, stated that had Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, been fully aware of the Jewish threat, he would not have criticized Catholicism; instead, he would have put all of his energy into attacking the Jews. Luther was fully anti-semetic BTW.

Just for the record, it was Himmler that was into the occult thing. It is said that Hitler had a problem with all that, but tolerated it so long as Himmler did what he was told. It's probably true of his actual relationship to Christianity. He used it to get what he wanted.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
He was lying maybe? This is Hitler we are talking about. The fact that he made agreements to appease certain people doesn't mean anything considering what he ended up doing. See post 31. Anyone saying Hitler was Christian is sadly misinformed.
One quick Google search found dozens of places confirming that Hitler was Christian.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
I get what OP is saying and sort of agree. There are all types of people, and some people will do the "right" thing because thats who they are. Some, and I feel most people, are selfish and do things to please themselves first. Others may be on the border of the two, but do what is right due to their belief that they will be rewarded, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. I'd rather have these people (religious typically) than have them not religious and do what they want because there is ultimately no consequence.

Consequences keep the majority of people in line. Fear of going to prison for example. I also notice the large amount of kids these days that are smart asses, and I think its due to lack of consequence. Whether its their parents or the fact that I can't simply do as much as give them a shove to shut them up. I deal with these kids every weekend, and believe me, they get mouthy because they think there are no consequences. A few of them have learned to keep quiet, but its generally risky business in todays society.

I 100% feel if tomorrow, someone managed to prove there is no afterlife, all you have is this life, and when its done it turns to nothing, no consequences, you don't remember anything, youre insignificant, you will see an increase in crime and selfishness.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
They did and they ended up dead. The claim that someone is Christian Doesn't make it fact. As is evident with Hitler.
Where are all those dead Christians? How can you read Hitler's mind to know what he really felt inside?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
What is this about Hitler was christian obsession. Hitler was not Christian. He was crazy, a mad man, despite what he wants to claim or anyone else.

I can claim I'm a martian, are you going to believe it. Any madman can claim they are some religion, and opposing religions (or atheists) love t jump on the gun saying look how crazy these religious people are! Those people are fanatics, just like the terrorist that do this in the name of Allah.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 PM

410 posts, read 742,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I 100% feel if tomorrow, someone managed to prove there is no afterlife, all you have is this life, and when its done it turns to nothing, no consequences, you don't remember anything, youre insignificant, you will see an increase in crime and selfishness.
Atheists don't believe in an afterlife, yet you don't see swarms of atheists committing heinous crimes across the globe, do you? Which is exactly what the OP was implying would happen if there was no religion. Religion does not dictate my choices and my views of right and wrong. A lack of religion doesn't suddenly skew that line between right and wrong.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:11 PM

428 posts, read 487,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
If that happens, it'll be due to Christians and other religious people. Atheists believe in being upstanding citizens for the sake of humanity. Why on earth would good people turn into monsters just because of no afterlife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality