Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah well . . . it's only until the Mahdi comes and everything reverts to Allah and all submit to Allah under Islam, right?
Have to wait for both, The Mahdi and Jesus(as).

Nobody becomes a Muslim for the money, that I can verify on a personal level.

Then again the only reason a person should revert to Islam is because they desire to serve God(SWT) and believe it is the best way to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
I am curious as to what exactly constitutes the "Arabian Peninsula"?

If Kuwait, Oman, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates are part of the Arabian Peninsula (and they are) how about Syria, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian territories?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I am curious as to what exactly constitutes the "Arabian Peninsula"?

If Kuwait, Oman, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates are part of the Arabian Peninsula (and they are) how about Syria, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian territories?
What Constitutes the Arabian Peninsula is the jut of land bordered by the Red Sea, Arabian Sean and Arabian(Persian) Gulf. That excludes Jordan, Syria, Israel and what is left of the Palestinian terretories.

Fairly good map here. I believe it is copyrighted so you get a link:

Much Gold, Silver, Other Metals May Lie Undiscovered In Saudi Arabia - pics

Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
This is what the article said:

Accordingly, the Grand Mufti “stressed that Kuwait was a part of the Arabian Peninsula, and therefore it is necessary to destroy all churches in it.”

His goal is very clear. Those Muslims must be very insecure and intolerant if the idea of having a little church gets them all bent out of shape.
Particularly if the church is sited in Kuwait, which hardly dominates the Arabian Peninsula or its affairs.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Particularly if the church is sited in Kuwait, which hardly dominates the Arabian Peninsula or its affairs.
Except the Kuwaiti Monarchy is kissing kin to the Saud Family that rules Saudi.

The House of Sabah (Arabic: آل صباح‎ Al Sabah) is the ruling family of Kuwait. They are a clan from the `Anizzah tribe which migrated to Kuwait in the early 18th century from Najd (current day Saudi Arabia). They are also from the Utub tribe. After reaching Kuwait, they entered in an alliance with the other families of the Utub such as Al-Khalifa and Al Jalahma. They have ruled Kuwait since 1718 when Sabah I became Sheikh (chief) of Kuwait[1]. Subsequent sheikhs are the descendants of Sabah I. The sons of Sabah I were Salman, Mohammad, Mubarak, Malik and Abdullah.

House of Sabah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
I believe the term is "kith and kin," not "kissing kin." But even if the Kuwaiti monarchy is related to the Saudis by blood, they still aren't a dominating force on the Arabian Peninsula. The Grand Mufti is simply choosing an easy target (and won't have too much egg on his face if nobody carries out his demands).

Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I believe the term is "kith and kin," not "kissing kin." But even if the Kuwaiti monarchy is related to the Saudis by blood, they still aren't a dominating force on the Arabian Peninsula. The Grand Mufti is simply choosing an easy target (and won't have too much egg on his face if nobody carries out his demands).

It is doubtful if any will carry them out. Among Sunni a fatwah is considered an opinion and not a command. There is no sin in not following a fatwah.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:57 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is doubtful if any will carry them out. Among Sunni a fatwah is considered an opinion and not a command. There is no sin in not following a fatwah.
But it only takes a few to think they have been given a Green Light at the Highest level.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
But it only takes a few to think they have been given a Green Light at the Highest level.
That is true. However the Kuwaitis have the highest average education in the region and are comparable with most "Advanced" nations with a literacy rate of 93%. Education through primary and Secondary school is mandatory for all Students and Advanced education is strongly encouraged. Numerous scholerships are available that will pay full tuition for any University world wide.

The average Kuwaiti is well educated and apt to have good knowledge about Islam. I have not heard of any radicalization or extremism in Kuwait since the 1980s.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
That's all good, but what we really need is a general outcry by the adherents of peace -loving Islam against such inflammatory exhortations right from the top.

I would like to think that, if someone in the Church of England came out with a suggestion that all the mosques should be burned, he'd be on the street selling Big Issue the week after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality