Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,320 times

Advertisements

Evil is evil. Sorry to say that, but evil cannot and will never be anything but evil. It is not progressive or life enhancing, it is a plague. It is a vampire that knows nothing but how to suck the life out of others. If you submit to it, you become evil eventually.

Negotiate? Evil will never respect the terms of anything you negotiate with it. It ultimately doesn't care about your petty prejudices or values. If one decides to engage with evil to commit a fraud against a people, they will become evil themselves irregardless of whatever 'noble' cause they may take up in the process.

Tolerance? It will never exist in this world so long as tyranny and injustice prevail. A persecutor will never gain the tolerance of the persecuted. In the name of freedom, you denied someone their freedom? Wow, some freedom fighter you turned out to be LOL.

I suppose one could use any of the various religions as a sword and shield, a means to enact some petty agenda of theirs. No wonder religion is falling out of favor worldwide. Faith in Jesus Christ? I'm sure GOD is jealous now LOL.

Render unto Caesar that which is owed to Caesar, and that unto GOD as to what is owed to GOD? GOD needs nothing from you, and Caesar very likely lied to you to get something for nothing from you. If Caesar is evil, nothing is owed to him irregardless of what the world thinks of him. I suppose Caesar will send armies at you for something petty. If that is the case, then no allegiance is owed to him.

"Don't worry, just join our club and you will have salvation...Amen. Sign on the dotted line and write a check for first month's donation. Hallelujah!"

Gay marriage? I suppose you could ban it if it makes you feel good, but it will never stop evil from getting what it wants. As far as I'm concerned, gay marriage is a Mickey Mouse issue to GOD. It's a bureaucratic power play by governments corrupted by absolute evil. It's as important as debating whether the Dallas Cowboys or the Washington Redskins will win the Superbowl...Touchdown!

GOD is evil? Or Good? GOD is GOD. GOD made the universe you live in. GOD isn't in the business of making deals. That's for the clowns on Wall Street. I'm not going to dictate my terms of life with GOD, no way and no need to. Evil will, and always falls on its face in the end. Evil pretends to be smarter than GOD, just as its followers do. Evil will treat itself and good to be commodities to be bought and sold. It's how it treats it's followers ultimately. SUre, it showers them with wealth and status, but those will be either lost or taken away if evil needs to cover its rear.

I do know that both absolute evil and absolute good don't care about who you are. Absolute good has genuine tolerance and freedom. It will be honest with you and expect equal yet compassionate treatment from you. Absolute evil will tell you sweet lies and BS you into selling yourself out to it or others. Absolute evil will make a deal; absolute good doesn't need to.

Most people have no idea how evil absolute evil can really be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
I don't really care about the topic but in reading it a question came to mind.

Who decides what evil is?

To each person, "evil" may be something quite different.

What is "evil" to those you (generic you) deem evil? Do they consider themselves "evil" or not?

Just a philosophical question.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Instead of using the word 'evil' as a label, German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche explained it better: (paraphrasing) evil does not exist, society functions on the concepts of acceptable or not acceptable.

This works best, because what one person may consider as the good, another might consider as evil.
Thye concept of evil is also used by institutionalized religion to defend (and justify) it's actions, even though many might have to suffer, be tortured, and executed.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM

53 posts, read 45,244 times
Well, you seemed to leave out fair constructive justice,where is it. How do you fit justice in?... including recognition in the nature of wrong doings, the dynamic, cause, development , intensity vrs minor infraction...how are you joining the dots on all this with respects to what you call evil .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality