Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times

Advertisements

In Northern India, there were three Buddhist Monks riding in their Rickshaw one day when a large mechanized truck careened out of control hitting them and sadly killing them instantly. They awoke from death outside of the pearly gates of Heaven, looking around wondering Why and how. They understood that normally, their type does not arrive at Heaven but instead goes to infinity and possible rebirth.... Being educated in various religous mythologies, they recognized heaven and also a man approaching them as St Peter, the guardian of the gates of Heaven.
St Peter had a puzzled look on his face and aid "Gentlemen, I apologize for the mixup. Usually your type does not come here, and I am not sure what happened but since you are here, I need to offerr you a chance to ome in"
The three Monks talked amongst themselves and decided that perhaps they should stay. St Peter explained
I have to give everyone a test tto see if they are worthy to get in., In your case, I will ask you each one question and if you answer it to my satisfaction then you may ome in. "
The monks agreed and St Peter continued
"I am going to ask each of you the same question and in the interest of fairness, I would ask the other two to go down the street a little ways and wait so that you do not hear the question and collaborate with each other."
The Monks, Being steeped in a tradition of honesty, understood the fairness of this request and two monks then walked away while the third was left behind.
St Peter explained again to the Monk that if he would answer the question so imposed, then he could enter Heaven for all of eternity.
The Monk seemed excited at this opportunity, so he begged St Peter to ask the question.
St Peter said "OK What is Easter?"
The Monk thought for a moment and then said
"Ah Yes Easter Very Important Holiday. Eat Tukey , Invite Red Man to Lunch watch Football Very big day"
St Peter listened but then said "No, I am sorry. that IS an important Holiday but not the right Holiday"
and with that the Monk vaporized, off into infinity......

Well, the two remaining monks saw this, although they could not hear the question, they became worried as to the difficulty of such a test. Nonetheless the second monk came forward and bravely approached St Peter.
St Peter said "Well, your friend did not do so well, but I will ask you the same Question: What is EASTER?"

The Monk hesitated, thought for a moment and then said :Oh I know Very Big Holiday Fat man in red suit, lots of material goods, lots of trees with lights. Very Big day"
St Peter shook his head. "no," he said" I am sorry. I think in your vernacular You're OUTTA HERE" and poof the monk disappeared, off into the universal mind.

Well the lat remaining monk was feeling somewhat worried, having witnessed his two fellow Buddhists failures, but he went bravely before St Peter anyway.

St Peter Greeted him, "Well your friend blew it big time, but if you want you can try with the same question"
Not feeling he had much of a choice, the monk asked for St Peter to continue.
"OK" said St Peter" What is Easter?"

The Monk paused, thinking about everything that he had ever read and heard about Christian faith, he pondered for a monent and then came up with a groundbraking answer.
He explained "Well, you see a long time ago, in the middle east, in the area of Judea, there lived this man. And he was a very good man. Very good. But he got into some trouble with the law, and he was accused of some things that may not have been right, and anyway, they took him out and killed him.
" after the killed him they buried him in this hole and afterr three days he came back up out of this hole!"

"Then he sees his shadow and gets scared and goes back into the hole!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:40 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
Sometimes, ya just can't win can ya?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 AM

460 posts, read 593,403 times
Seems like the three monks got the better deal. Imagine wanting to be with a god who rests everything upon a silly question.

Better to stick with the God who saves everyone, in ITs own time and manner.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Yes indeed. There have been quite a few invented, so you got plenty of choice.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Darn, and here I thought it was all about chocolate rabbits,cream filled chocolate eggs and jelly beans.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality