Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
With all do respect, and I mean that sincerely, for those of us who live in the realm of reality, that just isn't good enough. Reason and logic tells us the ark story is impossible on so many levels it isn't even funny.....

"To see by faith is to close the eye of reason"
Ben Franklin

Are you kidding? we have plenty of PROOF!!! After all, someone finds Noahs ark about every ten years....

POE?????
I keep forgetting they found Noah's ark, and found Noah's ark, and found Noah's ark, and.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I keep forgetting they found Noah's ark, and found Noah's ark, and found Noah's ark, and.................
They sure did......

Infact, I have one of them buried in my back yard, and that one is the real one, I'm sure of it.....

Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
show us pictures, whippersnapper!! we'll compare with the other real arks and see who's foolin' who!!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The ancient Egyptians used machining:
Advanced Machining in Ancient Egypt

Noah had 100 years to build the massive ark. I'm sure he paid his workers well since he was most likely the Bill Gates of his day.

To the OP, how do you know there was a lack of labor in Naoh's day? He had about 3 billion people to get labor from for this NASA like project.
I don't know what is more entertaining--

*This idea that the world population was ~3,000,000,000 several thousand years ago, or
*This idea that the entire globe was Noah's talent pool (I guess he had Ark Industries, LLC, recruitment offices in the Amazon basin, the Australian outback, ancient North America, sub-Saharan Africa, ancient China, etc.)

That's a tough one ... ...

Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I think building the arc would have been childs play compared to the job of collecting a pair of mating couples of every living species on Earth then coercing them into a boat then feeding them and mucking out their living areas for a few months at sea..

Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
According to most sites there were only 20-30 thousand animals at most and they all fit without 30 percent of the ship.
That would mean that only 10-15K species could be saved, yet there are over a million different species?

I hope I don't have to explain why the number of species would be half the total, but it would not surprise me either.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:02 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
I don't know what is more entertaining--

*This idea that the world population was ~3,000,000,000 several thousand years ago, or
*This idea that the entire globe was Noah's talent pool (I guess he had Ark Industries, LLC, recruitment offices in the Amazon basin, the Australian outback, ancient North America, sub-Saharan Africa, ancient China, etc.)

That's a tough one ... ...
According to our resident fantasy guru, that is just the available force, and the young and the elderly would make up at least 2 or 3 Billion more, for a total of 6 Billion. Of course it could be less, if that included enslaving children as young as 6 or 7 into the labor force, after all god gives his stamp of approval to slavery.

Yet today, the world population is only 7 Billion.

Of course that means that the head count of people murdered directly or ordered killed by god in the bible is only about 2 million. That would be less than 0.5% of the total he murdered in this one temper tantrum. Yea, makes me want to worship him, the mass murder of billions and billions, what a peachy keen sicko..

Last edited by Asheville Native; 04-07-2012 at 12:12 AM..

Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Evidence of Noah's Ark Found in 2010 on Mt. Ararat is a HOAX - YouTube

I remember when this was reported 2 years ago to be proof lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality