Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 PM

13 posts, read 27,093 times

Advertisements

I don't understand when people talking about the earth being 6000 years old....I mean China is 5000....does that mean Dinasaurs and the ice age all happend with in the previous 1000 years?
It really confuses me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioboy33 View Post
I don't understand when people talking about the earth being 6000 years old....I mean China is 5000....does that mean Dinasaurs and the ice age all happend with in the previous 1000 years?
It really confuses me...
Just a warning, this is probably going to get messy real quick

I believe the Earth to be ~ 6000 yrs, give or take based on Biblical principals. China is "dated" to be approximately 5000 yrs; however, the dating methods used, in my humble opinion (IMHO), are erroneous. The assumptions used in the various dating methods have large problems.

Again, based on my biblical worldview, dinosaurs were created on the sixth day, along with man and all the other land animals. I believe most all became extinct during the year long, global Noachian Flood.

I also believe the Ice Age occurred shortly after the Flood, which would put it ~ 4300 years ago.

If you're truly interested in understanding or learning more about the biblical worldview on earth history, I invite you to look at Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics and click on the "Get Answers" button.

Like I said earlier... be prepared for a messy thread. There will be those who come out swinging against my point of view. The especially don't like the AiG website. But I'm prepared to give answers to defend what I believe and why.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Thank you for that explanation and the link. The age of the earth confuses me as well but it isn't something I dwell on too much. I am secure in my belief that God created it, in 6 days and then he rested.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Just a warning, this is probably going to get messy real quick

I believe the Earth to be ~ 6000 yrs, give or take based on Biblical principals. China is "dated" to be approximately 5000 yrs; however, the dating methods used, in my humble opinion (IMHO), are erroneous. The assumptions used in the various dating methods have large problems.

Again, based on my biblical worldview, dinosaurs were created on the sixth day, along with man and all the other land animals. I believe most all became extinct during the year long, global Noachian Flood.

I also believe the Ice Age occurred shortly after the Flood, which would put it ~ 4300 years ago.

If you're truly interested in understanding or learning more about the biblical worldview on earth history, I invite you to look at Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics and click on the "Get Answers" button.

Like I said earlier... be prepared for a messy thread. There will be those who come out swinging against my point of view. The especially don't like the AiG website. But I'm prepared to give answers to defend what I believe and why.
I keep an open mind and look forward to wading through the mess

Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioboy33 View Post
I keep an open mind and look forward to wading through the mess
Well, since you brought it up, what are your views on the age of the earth? What is it you believe?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Well I find it hard to believe that the world is 6000 years old. I believe in Sciences explanation of the world being Millions of years old. I also don't understand how anyone can refute Chinas age. I seek to see what makes people believe the 6000 year old thing. Mostly I believe I don't know everything and look to learn more about this issue and many others.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Well, I'm glad you're seeking answers and encourage you to explore the site I provided. Seeing the world through Biblical glasses isn't always appreciated and is often thought to be without scientific merit. I respectfully disagree, but hey, I'm a Christian

Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

thanks I pray all the time for guidance to my questions...funny exp since I'm not quite sure who I'm praying to

Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,697 times
I don't know how old I think the earth is.....To me, both sides raise good questions and have some problems.

However, I could really care less if God litterally created the earth in six days, or if he used evolution. I will continue to seek answers, but what matters to me most is that Christ did exist and he died and rose again for me.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM

606 posts, read 699,421 times
The age of earth is....more than 5 billion years,not 6000 years.

The bible is a myth,don't take it serious. It is inconsistent with the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality