Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Oh, I know plenty about history. Real history. Like they have in history books.

They did not have a competition between churches and science. As recently as the 16th or 17 century, the Roman Catholic Church did impose sanctions against some scientists because of radical ideas such as earth revolving around the sun, but it wasn't a competition.

Why would "science" (which as an entity does not exist) ever have anything to do with divine revelation? Covet the church? BS!! Ridiculous!

Your certainly wrong about this history; Science and the church were both religious and they were two giants fuming over the same ground, both proclaimed to be the only way to divine revelation. It was a serious competition that first came into absolute focus with the late renaissance in 1633. Most major scientist at the time were christians in the church, including Issac Newton, John Locke and John Ray, the founders of physics, psychology and biology; all devot theologians. All seeking divine revelation through science.

Galiuleo called mathmatics " The Speech of God", as did Pascal and Leibnitz; know your history. It was science that created " Protestantism", which you should know later became known as " The Scientific Revolution."

What you are calling ridiculous is common history. History you just don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 AM

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Here's what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus had a virgin birth , and by all indications lived a virgin life ( although he didnot have to). I think he knew if he took a wife and had children that they would be slaughtered as he was. He understood that he was destined to be different than any man before him, which is why I believe he didnot leave his physical body on earth. People would have worshipped his bones, as some are doing this so called Shroud.
I asked you a simple question. Since little is written about Jesus outside the Bible and perhaps some of the Apocrypha and the writings of Josephus, I stuck to requesting Biblical references to support the claims you made. It's really simple enough. If you say it, defend it. Instead, you say I'm not capable of understanding it. You still didn't answer the question.

Quote:
I don't recall any Biblical quotes that make any reference at all to Jesus' sex life (or lack of same). Can you point me to a Biblical source that does?

One thing I would never do myself is to presume that I knew what Jesus knew, particularly about a hypothetical situation not based on Biblical writings (his thoughts about marriage, children and slaughter).
So, here's what you had to say. Instead of answering (which you probably can't), you chose to say it required a "mind of scriptural discernment," and claiming that you know what kind of mindset I have (even though I've said many times that I do not post my own personal religious beliefs).

AND STILL YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

Quote:
Well it has to be put together with a mind of scriptual discernment , which you have never displayed that you have, in my view; your mindset is a rejection of scripture, why would you want me to give you a bible lesson in discernment, when you have none to comprehend it?

The sex life of Jesus must be spiritually discerned.
I discern that you believe that you somehow (spiritually?) learned about Jesus' sex life and his views about marriage and the safety of any potential children.

You've avoided answering the questions.

Here you go:

Multiple choice: Where are the Biblical verses that support your statements about Jesus' sex life? A) I don't know, or B) There are none; I just made it up.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I answered the question, and gave you a key to understanding this; you ignored it, as you will any answer I give you, which is why I willnot waste any time giving you a chronology of scriptures, because they need to be spiritually discerned. There is no record of Jesus ever marrying, he didnot come here to have sex with anyone.

This is the kind of thing even many Theist cannot comprehend.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Here's what you said:

I asked you a simple question. Since little is written about Jesus outside the Bible and perhaps some of the Apocrypha and the writings of Josephus, I stuck to requesting Biblical references to support the claims you made. It's really simple enough. If you say it, defend it. Instead, you say I'm not capable of understanding it. You still didn't answer the question.

So, here's what you had to say. Instead of answering (which you probably can't), you chose to say it required a "mind of scriptural discernment," and claiming that you know what kind of mindset I have (even though I've said many times that I do not post my own personal religious beliefs).

I discern that you believe that you somehow (spiritually?) learned about Jesus' sex life and his views about marriage and the safety of any potential children.

You've avoided answering the questions.

Here you go:

Multiple choice: Where are the Biblical verses that support your statements about Jesus' sex life? A) I don't know, or B) There are none; I just made it up.
Pretty much everything he posts is just made up either by him or the authors of the bible.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Pretty much everything he posts is just made up either by him or the authors of the bible.
You are right, sans. I've not seen such an active imagination since my kids were toddlers.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Just as a reminder, here's what you said first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel
Jesus had a virgin birth , and by all indications lived a virgin life ( although he didnot have to). I think he knew if he took a wife and had children that they would be slaughtered as he was. He understood that he was destined to be different than any man before him, which is why I believe he didnot leave his physical body on earth. People would have worshipped his bones, as some are doing this so called Shroud.

Quote:
I answered the question, and gave you a key to understanding this; you ignored it, as you will any answer I give you, which is why I willnot waste any time giving you a chronology of scriptures, because they need to be spiritually discerned. There is no record of Jesus ever marrying, he didnot come here to have sex with anyone.

This is the kind of thing even many Theist cannot comprehend.
Once again, you have skirted the issue. I haven't ignored anything. I'm still waiting for an answer that matches up to the questions asked. I asked you what the written documents say to back up your claims. Where is it written that Jesus lived a virgin life? Huh? Which book? Chapter and verse?

Then you say you think you know what was in Jesus' mind. What makes you so special to have this unprecedented insight into the thinking of Jesus that not even the writers contemporary to his life had?

If you can do that, they should take you off to Rome and crown you Pope.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Just as a reminder, here's what you said first:

[/i]

Once again, you have skirted the issue. I haven't ignored anything. I'm still waiting for an answer that matches up to the questions asked. I asked you what the written documents say to back up your claims. Where is it written that Jesus lived a virgin life? Huh? Which book? Chapter and verse?

Then you say you think you know what was in Jesus' mind. What makes you so special to have this unprecedented insight into the thinking of Jesus that not even the writers contemporary to his life had?

How many times have I read certain Atheist say to me not to speak for them, that I don't understand Atheism? The implication is that only Atheist understand Atheism best; Now I say that the virgin lfe of Jesus is best understood by Theist who can spiritualy discern it; and now you want me to give you a bible study on it, and I willnot waste the time. You have NEVER understood any scripture I have posted before, never respected them, and you would do the same if I pacified your lust to make your point.

You would step on the study I give you and treat it like its meaningless. That information is only for those who would respect it.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM

Jesus was once a super Spirit being, and was reduced to being a human on planet earth. This is comparable to asking a human to become a butterfly and live 33 years as a butterfly. The willingness of Jesus to submit to this incredible act, seperates him from all beings;

He did it for the Love of his Father, and their love for us.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
?

I couldnot be Pope, I don't agree with Catholic interpitation of the bible. I would make so many changes in their church, they would stone me.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Can somebody besides Mickiel please point out a Biblical reference that supports this claim? Here is a link to 100 different Bible translations online: BibleGateway.com - Over 50 online Bibles in 35 languages, in text and audio format. If this is mentioned in the Bible, it should be in one of these translations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality