Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,579,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Don't know about anybody else, but you just convinced me that you just make stuff up and post it to see what controversy you can create.

I hold no intrest in convincing you or anyonelse of anything. I am simply posting my views, how others absorb that is their business, not mine. And thats one thing about Jesus that I think was different; he already knew that he came to die for everyone, so he treated everyone the same; but he often spoke things that he knew others wouldnot understand, but he knew certain Theist would understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,699,148 times
Good grief, people make up all kinds of rubbish

Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Good grief, people make up all kinds of rubbish

One mans rubbish is another womans gold.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,432,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Its a Theist thing mensaguy. Reading scriptures don't seem to mean anything to Atheist. Jesus was born a virgin birth and lived a virgin life, a lamb without blemish who was sacrificed for all. One has to go back through the old testement and research the difference between goat and lamb sacrifices, then understand the symbolism involved in Jesus being a type of Lamb without blemish who was sacrificed for us. He sacrificed his whole life by living without sin and he denied himself many things.
How do you know Jesus lived a life without sin? No one knows what he did or where he was from the age of 12 til he was about 30. I wouldnt be surprised if Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. It would have been what Jewish men did. Marry. Have kids. Does the thought of Jesus doin the Serta shuffle with Mary make him less perfect??

Old 04-26-2012, 12:44 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,115,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
How do you know Jesus lived a life without sin? No one knows what he did or where he was from the age of 12 til he was about 30. I wouldnt be surprised if Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. It would have been what Jewish men did. Marry. Have kids. Does the thought of Jesus doin the Serta shuffle with Mary make him less perfect??
Good question.
I agree that Jesus was/is far different than most think.
Christ is not Jesus' last name.
Christ is a level of awareness Jesus achieved & encouraged us to achieve.
If he lived an impossible life, he wouldn't have said, "Come follow me."
Jesus/Christ is an ideal, not god to be worshiped... even he pointed that out... "Why callest thou me good? None is good save one, that is God."

And Jesus is not going to save you - that's YOUR job.
Yes, he has some wisdom, if applied could help save you from your thoughts & related feelings/behavior... but ultimately it's an inside job, not external...
"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them & said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither sahll they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:20-21

Political and Religious leaders in the past (& some currently) have warped Christian teachings, which result in people waiting for the "Second Coming" of Jesus Christ to come back, when the kingdom/realm/experience of God is not found in the 2nd coming, but within you now. You can't feel something yesterday, or some future datae, only now. "I AM that I AM." Some religious leaders will have you believe that you can only experience God through them & at a price (often money) & that we should just throw up our hands & let the governments & world go to hell because it's "supposed to happen" in the last days to "usher forth the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ." This is wrong & against what is Godly & Christ-like, IMO.

We are to do all we can in our power to being the change we want to see in the world, & for advocating for what is right, for ourselves & others.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 04-26-2012 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Its not a simple thing to an outsider of scripture, one has to go deep into the bible for answers. In Rev. 5: 1-9 God sits on his throne with a book , or his written decree of how humanity could be transfered from flesh and sin, to his Spirit relm. A sacrifice was required, symbolic of a Lamb being slain to garentee humanitys inheritence eternal. Only Jesus was found worthy because he was without blemish and perfectly suited in Gods eyes to accomplish his plans for humanity, and Jesus being born by a virgin through the conception of the Holy Spirit, was a continuation of that pureness being maintained. And it had to remain unblemished during his life in the flesh. Only perfection could take on this task. In vs. 12 Jesus is the " Lamb that was slain."

He entered this world without being conceived by male sperm, and he lived his life without spilling his own sperm. He was born without a sexual act, and he conversely lived without sexual acts - born a virgin birth and lived a virgin life. A lamb without blemish, is a male lamb that has never been mated. In John 1:29 he is called the Lamb of God who takes away humanitys sin, he is qualified for this because he lived without sin himself.

John 1:13 perfectly describes Jesus conception and life on earth;" Not born of blood, nor the will of the Flesh, nor the will of men, but of God." Jesus could never spill blood, could never surcome to fleshly desires- including sex, nor could he ever be controlled by men; his life was fully dedicated to God in all manners, physically and emotionally- not his will, but Gods will had to be done. He had to deny himself every conceivable thing that could be included in " My Will", or selfish intentions.

Now I could go way further than this in scripture, but the Atheist mindset can't even come this far.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,432,187 times
Quote:
Its not a simple thing to an outsider of scripture, one has to go deep into the bible for answers. In Rev. 5: 1-9 God sits on his throne with a book , or his written decree of how humanity could be transfered from flesh and sin, to his Spirit relm. A sacrifice was required, symbolic of a Lamb being slain to garentee humanitys inheritence eternal. Only Jesus was found worthy because he was without blemish and perfectly suited in Gods eyes to accomplish his plans for humanity, and Jesus being born by a virgin through the conception of the Holy Spirit, was a continuation of that pureness being maintained. And it had to remain unblemished during his life in the flesh. Only perfection could take on this task. In vs. 12 Jesus is the " Lamb that was slain."

He entered this world without being conceived by male sperm, and he lived his life without spilling his own sperm. He was born without a sexual act, and he conversely lived without sexual acts - born a virgin birth and lived a virgin life. A lamb without blemish, is a male lamb that has never been mated. In John 1:29 he is called the Lamb of God who takes away humanitys sin, he is qualified for this because he lived without sin himself.

John 1:13 perfectly describes Jesus conception and life on earth;" Not born of blood, nor the will of the Flesh, nor the will of men, but of God." Jesus could never spill blood, could never surcome to fleshly desires- including sex, nor could he ever be controlled by men; his life was fully dedicated to God in all manners, physically and emotionally- not his will, but Gods will had to be done. He had to deny himself every conceivable thing that could be included in " My Will", or selfish intentions.

Now I could go way further than this in scripture, but the Atheist mindset can't even come this far.
I'm sorry. Exactly when did I say I was an athiest???

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry. Exactly when did I say I was an athiest???

That reference was meant for Megasguy, not you. I was refering to the drama of trying to explain spiritual things to one who holds no intrest in them.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM

16,591 posts, read 15,528,356 times
Quote:
That reference was meant for Megasguy, not you. I was refering to the drama of trying to explain spiritual things to one who holds no intrest in them.
Mensaguy has never said he was an atheist. As a matter of fact, mensaguy has never made a post containing his own religious views (and won't).

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Mensaguy has never said he was an atheist. As a matter of fact, mensaguy has never made a post containing his own religious views (and won't).

I understand that; allow me to make some personal observations;

You talk like an Atheist

You question like an Atheist

You argue like an Atheist would

You condesend simular to Atheist

Your expressed views are just like Atheist

You defend exactly like an Atheist does here everyday

Yet I respect your privacy. I retract my inference that you are an Atheist. I offer my apoligy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality