Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,825 times

Advertisements

According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 04:34 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
The birth narratives are not considered historically all too accurate.

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 04-09-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,825 times
Interestingly, Jesus body was not formed by any humam male cromozones, blood, cells or anything that is included within the male sperm.

Do you know what this implys?

What God put inside of Mary was literally " From another planet!" A whole different dimension of reality than human.

Think about that.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
So what you're saying is that while God, who created the universe (and all that it implies) along with causing the virgin birth, lacked the wherewithall to tweak a few X chromosomes into Ys?

Am I missing something?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Interestingly, Jesus body was not formed by any humam male cromozones, blood, cells or anything that is included within the male sperm.

Do you know what this implys?

What God put inside of Mary was literally " From another planet!" A whole different dimension of reality than human.

Think about that.
What i think is the birth myth was written to make the birth of christ as far more exciting event then it really was. The fact that you hear nothing about it outside of these 2 gospels is telling. Not to mention both of them are vastly different and have the date 12 or more years apart.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,934,965 times
Quote:
According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!

the only human concieved by such? ever heard of comparative religion?

Dionysus, Heracles, Attis, Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Krishna, Buddha, Perseus, etc are all born in the same manner. Like Jesus they are mythical characters

Old 04-09-2012, 05:12 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,281,526 times
First of all I don't agree with that being the only possible interpretation of that verse. I believe that the virgin birth scenario was added at a later time to increase the gravitas of the story of Jesus. Completely unnecessary in my opinion. I think Jesus, like Buddha and possibly Krishna was a real person but the church in its zeal changed the story to fit their ends. We can learn a lot from them without the alleged divinity.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
And you have the DNA analysis to prove this instead of relying on the book of Matthew that was written almost 1,000 years after Jesus's death?

Quote:
Think about that.
I suggest you do the same.

Gospel of Matthew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I don't propose to spend long on this other than say that I don't buy this virgin birth stuff for a single nanosecond.

The reason why is because it is unnecessary. The story that Paul was fed is that Jesus was born in the normal way to parents of the Davidic line and after the job of wiping out Adam's Disobedience by Obedience up to and including a terrible execution by 'the Lords of this world' - who (Paul swears) would never have done it if they had known who he was - ascended into heaven to await the Last Days, which Paul and the disciples felt were imminent, (as they have been, ever since).

That is the situation we find when the gospel was first written, but the theology had changed from what the Pharisee Paul would accept to a much more graeco - roman view of a divine incarnation. It was the actual spirit of God which had left its week- end home in the temple to inhabit the perambulating body of the messiah and this was seen happening at the Jordan - plain as day.
Jesus is thereafter a meat puppet driven about by the spirit of God which inhabits him. Even John who emphasizes the divine over the corporeal says that when you see him, you see the Father (which spiritually occupies him) but he can do nothing by himself. All the miracles are done by that incarnated God within him.

Even then there are some slips showing the messiah - body praying to the God above to be let off the ordeal of crucifixion (God says No), and it is that spirit of God which leaves the body at crucifixion, tearing the veil of the nearby temple (probably nipped over there to pack a suitcase before hurriedly leaving) as a sign of its abandonment of the Judaism which had rejected it - entirely as planned.

There is no need for a virgin birth and Mark (and indeed John) do not hint at it. But Matthew and Luke add (as they so often do) different (but not actually contradictory) stories intended to show how Joseph was the supposed father of Jesus but it was actually God. The need for her to be a virgin is overcome in various ways, Luke with a rather clumsy mechanism 'How can this be, since I have no husband?' When she is betrothed to Joseph already -how did she suppose it was going to happen? Luke is making the slip of putting into his character's mouth what he knows but what the character (Mary) couldn't know -that she would conceive without any help from her husband.

Matthew prefers the method of quotemining scripture, and I will bow out out before the old Almah/Bethulah debate breaks out.

Just to say that I have not the least expectation that Micki (or anyone else) will say 'Coo -yeah, that's the way it must be.', but to show why I am not buying the virgin birth lark for a moment - however Micki wants to theorize that it was done.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
What would one say of Adam? He was born of God and Mother Earth. The virgin birth had nothing on that.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by june 7th; 04-12-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality