Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP

Yes, City Data forum can be sin.

It is sin when I am sitting here typing away, even if I am helping someone with advice about my hometown that is helpful, or having fun on a topic page I like or giving out solid biblical answers on this thread and my kids are sitting in another room watching something useless on the TV and I am not interacting with them.

It is sin when I have things to do at work that I put in the "later" folder and get on here, even if I am espousing great wisdom to all the internet masses and rack up tons of rep point.

It is sin when I let someone steal my joy and make me mad because they were rude or trivial or demeaning of something of importance to me when they are just another lost soul sitting at a computer not working or spending time with their loved ones and say stuff they do not have the courage to say to me if they knew me and were talking to me face to face.

So yes, there are a lot of opportunities for sin on C-D. But the sin isn't in C-D. It is in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Some Christians do this, and some Atheist do it; there are shovers on both sides in my obseveration.
Yep, that's what I said!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Some Christians do this, and some Atheist do it; there are shovers on both sides in my obseveration.
Then clearly your point of observation is biased.

Theists (all ilks) shove, atheists are merely shoving back the agenda, hatred and ignorance of the shoving theists.

Stop shoving and watch the atheists fall silent, for that is all we want. I don't give a damn about your silly superstitions UNTIL you choose to impose them on others.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times
Let's for arguments sake agree that going on CD forums is a sin and that sinning is just as contagious as the Black Plague, Aids or 1 of the other deadly and contagious diseases.
Would this have prevented Jesus from helping those in need?
I mean was Jesus more concerned with avoiding sin (not adding to sin) or with helping those in need (read: those who sinned)?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Then clearly your point of observation is biased.

Theists (all ilks) shove, atheists are merely shoving back the agenda, hatred and ignorance of the shoving theists.

Stop shoving and watch the atheists fall silent, for that is all we want. I don't give a damn about your silly superstitions UNTIL you choose to impose them on others.

The majority does not need to impose , it is already common; imposition normally comes from the minority. Atheist shove just as much as you imagine Theist do.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
I am not fetish or religious, I am simply stating the facts; if you can't stand the facts, as your compodre stated, stay out of the kitchen.
What would you call it then? Trollish? Moronic?
If I can't stand the facts? Maybe or maybe not, when I see some I'll let you know.
Oh, and I don't want to be in the kitchen so that point is mute.

It's odd how good you are at fanning those flames you start up in the first place. Crying wolf is getting old, you need a new hobby. Maybe cycling.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:05 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
What would you call it then? Trollish? Moronic?
If I can't stand the facts? Maybe or maybe not, when I see some I'll let you know.
Oh, and I don't want to be in the kitchen so that point is mute.

It's odd how good you are at fanning those flames you start up in the first place. Crying wolf is getting old, you need a new hobby. Maybe cycling.

I like fanning my belief as much as Atheist do. And I hold no need to bring name calling insinuations into the kitchen. Yet I notice many of your compodres do.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:41 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Wink Well!!! He's learning, by golly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
If Christians weren't on the boards defending the faith there would be nonChristians on the Christian, Religious, and Politic Forums leading people away from the truth.

People looking for answers can see both sides of the story and come to a conclusion for themselves.
Thank heavens for the internet! It's defeating The Dark Side now with increasing speed and efficiency! It's taking the steam out of the fundamentalist Christian boilers, and soon that barge will sink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
It only depends on what you are talking about , or what you agree to , or if you reason out faith or reject the Lord and His purpose...., For what is sin must be discerned so that sin can be resisted , so If you do not discern the spirit with Holy Spirit then you are open season for the adversary to lead in to sin ..... So Know who the spirit of the false prophet and antichrist is and know the authority of the dragon spirit is so you will come out in clean Victory with the Lord Jesus ,.... But most of all Know the Lord and His true Character ....
And so on and so forth. (PS: I enjoy playing the part of THe Dragon Spirit; only in this case I'm like your pet T-REx: all cuddly and helpful!).

Anyhow, thank God it's not up to you what we think or how we act!

Quote:
Just stating the facts; the Kitchen belongs to the Theist from my view of history and reality.
Of course! From your point of view that is. BTW; I notice that the quality of life, medical care, life expectancy, scientific education, free passage of information and folks' ability to think critically is at an all-time historical high in places like Norway, Sweden, Germany and other northern European countries, plus the British Isles, Canada, Australia and New Zealand! Oh, and China & Japan!

Wow, huh? Quite the score-card for God! Most of the rest of the less-developed or thug-theocracy countries are, however, sinking into Muslim oblivion, as we've predicted. That's because they have, in general, the most restrictive education systems on this planet. An environment that the historical Christian position knows is good for fostering obedient religious fervor. And they all want, by declaration, to kill all of us infidels. Long live the infidels!

And so, the very best conditions for cultural growth and educational tolerance is in countries where people have wholesale abandoned Christianity, and have moved on. Their standards of living are in directly inverse proportion to their degree of religiosity. How hard is that to figure out, huh? I really think I might have to move to one of those countries if it gets any worse here, just to get away from the intolerance, scientific ignorance and the bloat of turgid intellectual biliousness that attends the endless religious proselytizing here, in the worst technically-educated but also most-religious country in the world.

Something to be justly proud of, huh?

Quote:
According to history, the Theist stopped themselves from the burning, not the Atheist.
Oh now that's rich! You really think it's been the atheists, us well-organized and religiously ardent believers in.... in.... uhmmm... lesseee here....uhmmm... nothing, who have created the most incendiary intolerance, social turmoil and cultural drama the world has ever experienced over our lengthy history?

Wow! Is that what they tell you to say?

Quote:
You have burned the greatest story ever told, ever written about, ever conceived. You have burned the true history of humanity; thats what you are burning. You have burnt the legacy of the life and purpose of Jesus.
An interesting new admission, Mickiel! And here I thought you guys have claimed the bible and it's truths are indelible and indestructible. Well now I'm confused: So... its' just another combustible paperback novel?

Just as I thought. All along!

Quote:
Its not for sale, its for show. Atheist are publically shooting at Christianity everyday, this board is ample proof of it. Slandering Christianity and religion compasses the majority of their threads.
Of course. Why not? You guys bring the fight to us, and we respond to your one-dimensional thinking in a 3-dimensional world, by providing the truth without bias. And this is how you pay us back? By calling us names?

Interesting response!

Quote:
In my outside view, its like shooting for Acheilies heel; their going after the elephant on the board; trying to shrink the giant. Even outnumbered on a board, the Theist view stands powerful enough on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflmn
Again, an interesting admission. Theists are outnumbered? You have told us all so often that the theists and their beliefs far outnumber the believers in atheism in this country, and that alone makes your cultural and religious weltgeist the correct one.

Yup: that's exactly what you've said, so many times. Why the major change of heart? I mean, I'll happily accept that we've finally changed your mind, but please: just make sure you let us know the status of your overall progress out of The Great Darkness, OK?
Its like getting in the ring with Ali- you sense theres something else in the ring that most of the people are cheering for.

Thats why any myth that grows in history can't be extinguished, because its greater than the thing trying to extinguish it!
Ahhh. Again with the tacit admission that your beliefs are mythical. You are wrong, however, that it's growing over itme. Censuses, polls, proper public education and the resulting responses here all tell a far different story. (and btw, the reason most people watch boxing is to see someone lose horribly, plus they all want to see the loser's blood. Another culturally Neanderthal sport!

It's OK: you are indeed moving along in your general education here. Soon you'll realize all of what we say is factual, and by Gawd, you'll feel so much better then! "Enlightened" is, I believe, the best term to use!

So... welcome aboard, Mickiel!

And to think that I'd given up on you only just yesterday!

Last edited by rifleman; 04-15-2012 at 03:54 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Is it a sin of unjustifiable cooperation in evil to go on City-Data Forums?
Yes it is and as you have made so many posts it is too late for you to be forgiven. Your name is in the book for future burning in the lake of fire and you can't escape. You have committed a mortal sin but, if you send me all your money, your car and the deeds to any property you have, I'll put a good word in for you and try to get your eternal punishment reduced to standing on your head in a pool of liquid cow manure. This is not as bad as it sounds because you will get a break for tea and cakes every 10 minutes.

Regards,

Raffa (a.k.a Sperm of Satan)

Last edited by Rafius; 04-15-2012 at 05:37 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Is it a sin of unjustifiable cooperation in evil to go on City-Data Forums?

The reason I ask is because there is blasphemy in the Religion and Politics & Other Controversies forums, lewd talk in the Relationships Forum, and perhaps other sinful content that the moderators do not filter as a matter of policy.

Do we participate in the sins of the posters and administrators by merely being on here and encouraging the forums' existence?
If two other people are having a conversation which is blasphemy, I do not see how that is a sin to me.

Which one of the 663 laws makes it a sin to observe lewdness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality