Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM

496 posts, read 484,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Religion has dominated human activity in my view; like the Queen in a termite nest or a beehive, the religions of the world have been the carefully tended centers of social control. Religion has defined mother nature as God, science now disagrees with that and considers what it has disected as a result of mother nature in a natural sense. This disagreement was the actual beginning of any stall in our progress morally, now we tend to progress technologically, educationally and biologically.

Morality is no longer the center of our systems. That is humanitys real problem.

Well obviously this stall is another translation issue out of need to feel tremendous....because there is no other justification for the mis-cued allocation in basic wording trying to say science is god, or there is no God, same thing, and Im one of the scientific preferrser-ministers...a contrived manipulation in order to shift the gratitude for creation itself onto the , oh but diligent investigator. So I dis-agree with an outright focus on science in being the big interference or stall. It really is in the nature of man to find an excuse, if an excuse suites the end result in the relative ease in individual existence. In this case...excuse, sheer ego .

Throughout history there are no end to excuse's....in fact the more doe an individual has in the wallet available for specie enhancement, the more excuse will be found. If anything the idea in the means of exchange which defines money , is the cheif boss of stalling spiritualistic progress....why....because exchange in aid made possible by means, or money directly can enhance humanity yet provide material insecurity to self when put in motion, due to the mechanism of money itself.
This is just a time....

notice communication...

Communication technology is greatly bringing the after dinner city square back into reality. A reality which evolved naturally in many cultures and nations. In fact the early greek philosophers became what they became in result of communication...then man reaped the benefit of the city square systems findings for truth in rational thought...

so here above argues fully against the theory holding technology villain....man himself is only villain through relative ability and the issue of property in charity itself...( relative ease in existence, the translation

there are many many counter balancing things going on with technology which are very much adding to what, it takes away. Technology is really a good thing as it fully assits defining the realities in the experience of man....knowing , is the most important tool... but were still new at it and marveling at how great we are....its just a stage, not without fairness in opportunity in both potential extremes in spiritual understanding....technology is an aid, it is like a mirror showing what we have become and the long journey truly ahead....just by the circulation of the frequency of violence itself is a huge step.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-29-2012 at 11:12 AM..

Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 AM

27,632 posts, read 28,732,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Religion has dominated human activity in my view; like the Queen in a termite nest or a beehive, the religions of the world have been the carefully tended centers of social control. Religion has defined mother nature as God, science now disagrees with that and considers what it has disected as a result of mother nature in a natural sense. This disagreement was the actual beginning of any stall in our progress morally, now we tend to progress technologically, educationally and biologically.

Morality is no longer the center of our systems. That is humanitys real problem.
So, do you think humanity is less moral today than it was in the past?

I'm curious about this myself.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, do you think humanity is less moral today than it was in the past?

I'm curious about this myself.

There is absolutely no doubt about it in my view. We have gone far beyond being less, we are creating new morals that are absurd. And laws to support them. Men are dusfiguring their bodies permenently and calling themselves " Shemales" and making millions of dollars having sex with other men on film. And they are receiving cenimatic awards for doing it. And they have the right to post those films on the internet for any children to see, and we have laws to protect those rights.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM

Obesession is sweeping its way through human characther. We have dynamic serial killers who are obsessed with almost anything and use that obsession to carry out their wrath. People obsessed with sex, eating, drinking, clothes, fads; you name it, it can become an obsession, not limited to beliefs, but often sparked by beliefs. And the bible shines in these situations because if you look closer at its teachings, it lays out definte ways of being that , if applied, do work to heal humanity of these obsessions.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM

496 posts, read 484,363 times
so is present man more impressionable and therefore less ethical? or would all generations under these influence's produce same and therefore only appear to have greater ethic, as there is less subjectivity to
exploring all the mental case suggestions of normality seen in communication....is communication not simply exposing what man is , and the dynamics contained in choice ..up front and center made available by communication? and due to numbers creating a world gone finally mad? IOW are we (humanity at large) showing our true colors when the suggestive heat is on?...and therefore learning the acute knowledge of vulnerability to destructive suggestion, showing, telling , the significance of abject stupidity and its destructive objectives....don't forget we also see the sickness, consequence in sullen , wiped out, partied out , hopelessness in the material obsession...maybe its a neccesary learning curve for progress in the ultimate intended well being of the body pysically....over maybe hundreds of yrs for example its improbable that man will smoke...but in the 40's he smoked his brains out...so things are interesting from a birds eye prospective , time and the journey ahead to get the mind and body in a suitable form for ...I will call it half decent constructive, productive parts. Growing toward the intended, one step at a time, eliminating weakness's

Last edited by peter-1; 04-29-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
so is present man more impressionable and therefore less ethical? or would all generations under these influence's produce same and therefore only appear to have greater ethic, as there is less subjectivity to
exploring all the mental case suggestions of normality seen in communication....is communication not simply exposing what man is , and the dynamics contained in choice ..up front and center made available by communication? and due to numbers creating a world gone finally mad? IOW are we (humanity at large) showing our true colors when the suggestive heat is on?...and therefore learning the acute knowledge of vulnerability to destructive suggestion, showing, telling , the significance of abject stupidity and its destructive objectives....don't forget we also see the sickness, consequence in sullen , wiped out, partied out , hopelessness in the material obsession...maybe its a neccesary learning curve for progress in the ultimate intended well being of the body pysically....over maybe hundreds of yrs for example its improbable that man will smoke...but in the 40's he smoked his brains out...so things are interesting from a birds eye prospective , time and the journey ahead to get the mind and body in a suitable form for ...I will call it half decent constructive, productive parts. Growing toward the intended, one step at a time, eliminating weakness's

The bible holds a better more simple explination of all things, thats why I personally listen to it.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:03 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,662,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Thankfully merely saying something countless times does not make it more true. However nice way of avoiding my last reply to you by replying to a totally different post to someone else.

Again the onus of proof lies on the person making a positive claim. There is never an onus of proof on those who find the claim unsubstantiated. There certainly is no onus of proof on people to prove an unfalsifiable negative.

You are engaged in an argumentum ad populum fallacy here. You are trying to claim that the onus of proof shifts if the number of people subscribing to a claim shifts. It is not so, never has been so, and likely never will be so. You clearly really really want it to be so, but that will not make it true either.

Whether 1 person, 1 million people, or 1000 billion people think something is true is irrelevant to the fact that that something is still entirely unsubstantiated. The onus of proof is not shifted by vote.
See Nozz: Losing is for losers...I prefer backing a winner.

Naturally, I know why you get all bolloxed-up and tweaked-out about it: Because for all your crowing about "proof", "evidence", "logic & reason", and all that...you know that when it comes down to "mojo", "juice", and "pure power & influence"...in 99 out of 100 contests (heeeeeeey...there it is AGAIN) anything else is an EPIC FAIL against the MIGHTY "AAAAAAAAD POP-U-LUUUUUUUM"!!!!

What rules the voting booth?---ad pop!
What rules the marketplace?---ad pop!
What rules the media?---ad pop!
What rules social interaction?---ad pop!

AD POPULUM is sooooooo powerful...you can be "wrong", and still dominate!...it's the consummate ruler. And ad pop is sooooooo powerful it can take a fallacy position and steamroll over a position of truth with it. The truth may still be truth...but it's "crushed" as far as having any power or influence.
But then...everyone already knows that.

Now, take a TRUTH like "God Exists", and back it with "ad pop"...and you've got the ultimate.

I've said it before...and I'll say it again:
If your platform (No God) had ANY "mojo" what-so-ever, I might think there was some obligation to have to support the claim of the existence of God. But your platform is soooooo weak, and lame...it is without-a-doubt on YOU to prove your platform.

HERE is COMMON SENSE---God doesn't enter the ring first....He's the Undefeeeeeated, Reeeeeigning, and Deeeefending...CHAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOON...Of the UUUUUUUNIVERRRRRRRSE!!!!
GOD holds the title...you gotta come with your stuff to defeat Him. So far, you've shown nuthin'...you get knocked out EVERY time.
YOUR position is the WEAK CHALLENGER with a 1-9 record...but gonna talk smack about the UNDEFEATED CHAMPION having to PROVE sumthin'.
Sorry!! Get some "game" first...then come and make your demands and your challenges.

God has no burden...He's on top...The GOD CONCEPT defeats all other concepts PUT TOGETHER...10 times over!
YOU have to do what YOU can figure out to do to try to make YOUR mark.
But, you know that is where your real problem is...as it is A FACT the Atheists have shown woefully ineffective at that.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post

Naturally, I know why you get all bolloxed-up and tweaked-out about it: Because for all your crowing about "proof", "evidence", "logic & reason", and all that...you know that when it comes down to "mojo", "juice", and "pure power & influence"...in 99 out of 100 contests (heeeeeeey...there it is AGAIN) anything else is an EPIC FAIL against the MIGHTY "AAAAAAAAD POP-U-LUUUUUUUM"!!!!

AD POPULUM is sooooooo powerful...you can be "wrong", and still dominate!...it's the consummate ruler. And ad pop is sooooooo powerful it can take a fallacy position and steamroll over a position of truth with it. The truth may still be truth...but it's "crushed" as far as having any power or influence.

Now, take a TRUTH like "God Exists", and back it with "ad pop"...and you've got the ultimate.

If your platform (No God) had ANY "mojo" what-so-ever, I might think there was some obligation to have to support the claim of the existence of God. But your platform is soooooo weak, and lame...it is without-a-doubt on YOU to prove your platform.

HERE is COMMON SENSE---God doesn't enter the ring first....He's the Undefeeeeeated, Reeeeeigning, and Deeeefending...CHAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOON...Of the UUUUUUUNIVERRRRRRRSE!!!!
GOD holds the title...you gotta come with your stuff to defeat Him. So far, you've shown nuthin'...you get knocked out EVERY time.
YOUR position is the WEAK CHALLENGER with a 1-9 record...but gonna talk smack about the UNDEFEATED CHAMPION having to PROVE sumthin'.
Sorry!! Get some "game" first...then come and make your demands and your challenges.

God has no burden...He's on top...The GOD CONCEPT defeats all other concepts PUT TOGETHER...10 times over!
But, you know that is where your real problem is...as it is A FACT the Atheists have shown woefully ineffective at that.

Wow, I like that; the Atheist platform has no " Mojo!"

The things of God certainly have a serious Mojo; and anything going against it has got to have some serious Mojo!

I really enjoyed that. I am not much into bragging, but when one considers God, its a whole lot things they could brag about!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post

Yes, the fact that you prefer to back a winner, even if that winner is wrong says a lot about you, and nothing good....What do you think created all the notorious despots like Hitler, Saddam, Bin Laden, etc. in history...Ad pop... Why do you think ad populum is a fallacy?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,662,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, the fact that you prefer to back a winner, even if that winner is wrong says a lot about you, and nothing good....What do you think created all the notorious despots like Hitler, Saddam, Bin Laden, etc. in history...Ad pop... Why do you think ad populum is a fallacy?
Read this sentence again sans: Now, take a TRUTH like "God Exists", and back it with "ad pop"...and you've got the ultimate.
I didn't say it was wrong.
I said, even if it was...ad pop would put it on top anyway.

But I know the REAL answer as to why the Atheists are so obsessed with the Theists----It's Gods "mojo" working on you.
Nothing has "mojo" like God...and the Atheists prove it by posting obsessively about it.

I could never imagine seeking and entering into debates about people/things I didn't believe exist, or ever existed.
A passing dismissal maybe...but weeks, months, YEARS of untold hours over a "fairytale character"?!

I know, I know...it would seem that to do that for something that one considers to be nonexistent would be an illogical thing to do.
But see, you AREN'T illogical...just influenced by His essence that is within you...His "mark on your heart"...because you are functioning with a life energy, a spirit, that came from Him!

See, God compels you...to write about Him, talk about Him, contemplate Him.
Keep writing, "God-God-God-God-God-God-God"....you couldn't stop even if you wanted to...the "mojo" is too strong.

Keep logging onto this site and posting to these threads...put in more hours, more days, more weeks, more months, more YEARS...put up ANOTHER few thousand posts.
The power of God compels you...the blood of Christ compels you...the force of the Holy Spirit compels you...you couldn't stop if you tried with all your will...to do so would be to overcome the power of the entire universe!!

But let not your heart be troubled sans...you could not be contemplating and obsessed about anything of greater importance than GOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality