Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
No, I believe suffering is a form of purgation, which soothes the soul and cleans it. Sometimes we suffer for our own good, or reasons only God understands.

Sarah

So you believe God does not interviene to help sick Christian who pray for relief.

And you believe the reason for this is that God prefers Christians to suffer because suffering soothes the soul and cleans it.

Interesting.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So you believe God does not interviene to help sick Christian who pray for relief.

And you believe the reason for this is that God prefers Christians to suffer because suffering soothes the soul and cleans it.

Interesting.
Lol, chistianity is very much like Verimark™ marketing. Jesus died for your sins, he answers prayers, But wait.....there's more

Till eventually none of the promises are relevant and you are left with the "free One Time gift" extra that no one really wanted in the first place.

Pretty ironic that jesus is supposed to have taken the whole burden of humanity on his shoulders and restored to Eden yet man still has to grovel and suck up and hope that in the end, all their pithy works will count for something.

Just another example of folk making stuff up as they go along to hold onto their delusions.

Ironic to as the curse on the serpent (forced to crawl on his belly and eat dust et al.) really seems to have rubbed off on the modern christian.

Pity folk cannot see they live their lives in subjugation to an entity who is not there or at the very least don't give two hoots about their well being despite the Verimark™ claims

But wait there's more....

No j/k, I'm done

Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM

Haha exactly.

THE SALES PITCH:
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:22

DISCLAIMER:
Actually, sometimes God will answer your prayers with a "no."

THE FINE PRINT ON THE BACK OF THE CONTRACT:
God actually prefers to see you suffer, so those prayers are expressly not covered under the terms of this agreement.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,133,273 times
Quote:
Funny how athiest along with thiest blame God for all the evil in the world , when man is truly responsible for such things. God does permit evil in the world as something good always comes from it. God can intervene anytime he wants, however there is always a bigger purpose for him not to do so. We all learn from our mistakes and we grow. It is a lesson. Why people are starving in Africa is mans fault not Gods it is up to us, God does help us when we help ourselves. God does not enjoy evil, he permits it for a greater good for mankind.

Sarah

Well put, Sarah!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,394 times
Its obvious that I disagree with many Christian interpitations, but I am not obsessed with that; I consider Christianity as I do Atheism, two groups destined to be what they are. In my view, the whole world has been deceived, because God unleashed a being called the Serpent that is obsessed with confusing all of humanity in every single area that he can. And he has done exactly that.

And thats WHY none of us are condemned. All of our consciousness's have been seriously affected by this thing called the god of this earth, who literally surcharges his deception by using the very air that we breathe in everyday.

The confusion is NOT our fault! And God willNOT blame us for it!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Its obvious that I disagree with many Christian interpitations, but I am not obsessed with that; I consider Christianity as I do Atheism, two groups destined to be what they are. In my view, the whole world has been deceived, because God unleashed a being called the Serpent that is obsessed with confusing all of humanity in every single area that he can. And he has done exactly that.

And thats WHY none of us are condemned. All of our consciousness's have been seriously affected by this thing called the god of this earth, who literally surcharges his deception by using the very air that we breathe in everyday.

The confusion is NOT our fault! And God willNOT blame us for it!
In your view, what was the point of God unleashing the Serpent?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
In your view, what was the point of God unleashing the Serpent?

To be the pain and suffering in the womb of earth in mankinds rebirth into Gods relm.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM

496 posts, read 484,113 times
This is manipulation on behalf of God, this unleashing of the serpent( it is a parable, like the Adam-Eve Story, even many people of ancient times realized the story aspect.

Here is the proof:

If God wanted to test people or what have you and made a decision to unleash the serpant as suggested,

Then the qualifying question becomes:

What fairness of test is it, when the serpent offers only a rotting degrading product in result of following? There is no fairness, it is rigged against the serpent, therefore the game of test as a contrived effort on behalf of God is illogical due to total unfair ability in the serpents court.

It is a parable, much is theater as in Shakespeare. Man learns by example and stories, its how we teach toddlers. The science of reality could not even be absolutely understood to present day man if fully revealed in visual fashion, we know this, its far too dynamic....never mind pin-pointing the exact thinking and nature of Gods decisions...thats why we and the ancient folks have parables, were only human with our human mind.

Plus attention to and allowing a distraction of.....the active degrading weakness in man seen in rare but highly broadcast occurrence is illogical in forming an understanding because it offers all dis-order , a product of non-realism...therefore not much can be learned other then the potential. Once the potential is known, further interest is questionable .... Otherwise self comprehensions become "all about" not being in, non-realism....instead of striving toward being in, and all about realism.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-30-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM

33,561 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Funny how athiest along with thiest blame God for all the evil in the world , when man is truly responsible for such things. God does permit evil in the world as something good always comes from it. God can intervene anytime he wants, however there is always a bigger purpose for him not to do so. We all learn from our mistakes and we grow. It is a lesson. Why people are starving in Africa is mans fault not Gods it is up to us, God does help us when we help ourselves. God does not enjoy evil, he permits it for a greater good for mankind.

Sarah
Atheists do not blame god for anything. How could we when we do not believe in any god...It's true that atheists often point out atrocities in the bible that are ordered or committed by god, but that is only because we find it incredible that anyone can believe such an entity exists and is actually worshiped by theists.

Everything, good or bad on this earth can be attributed to either natural causes, circumstance or to humans...There are no miracles, nor are there god wrought punishments.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM

496 posts, read 484,113 times
Theres no such person who is in-capable of feeling gratitude.

Therefore there is no such person who is incapable of feeling grateful-thankfulness ( say a good check up at the dentist

Therefore there is no such person who does not believe in a God because....there is absolutely no other destination for the focus...."already composed" to go!!!

Therefore there is no such thing as an atheist, who da figured? well whats next UFO's?

I will try to get some clips.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-30-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.