Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Atheist seek the truth and God if possible..religious people seek the same thing. Well actually some religious nuts are not interested in finding the truth or God. If there is a God and I believe there is...He probably approves of intelligent atheists more than he does the blind religious zealot. If a religious person is mislead and their beliefs about God are amiss...does that make the religious person an atheist? Interesting question.

I personally don't think God approves of any human. That being said, it is an interesting question concerning mislead religious people; or any people really. I think we all have been mislead, bar none; thus, in a sense, yes, we all are a type of Atheist.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM

Atheist are so obsessed with religion that they follow it everyday of their lives. They consistantly pay attention to it; ( and they don't realize that they are exhaleing religion ; it comes out of them like sweat). So most Atheist smell like religion.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Christians are so obsessed with Atheist, that they use Atheist as the " Bottom layer of their presicious hell belief", and make them a bed in hell that begins their fanatical furniture of filling up this pit of pain with the first wave of horrified humans. Christians think God himself is obsessed with Atheist.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieE View Post
Christians (or rather believers in the Christian God) are atheists.
"Monotheism was not the norm in antiquity. It was an anomaly. As a result, some Greeks, Romans, Syrians, Egyptians, and others had difficulty making sense of the Judean focus on one god, which seemed to them the equivalent of denying the gods altogether, of “atheism”.

Despite other ways in which they made a home in the Greco-Roman world, this is where the early followers of Jesus were at odds with surrounding culture, and it could be a source of harassment, abuse or even violence. In times of trouble or catastrophe, fingers began to point at those who failed to honour the gods properly, at the “atheists”. The gods were punishing people through natural disasters, such as earthquakes and fires, because the gods were not being honoured fittingly and atheists like the followers of Jesus were being blamed."

Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean » Breaking news: Early Christians were impious atheists . . . (NT 3.2)(Philip A. Harland)"

An interesting way to try and turn believers inside out; can we then call all Atheist believers?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM

258 posts, read 207,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
An interesting way to try and turn believers inside out; can we then call all Atheist believers?
No. The original meaning of atheist was a person who didn't believe in any of the officially sanctioned gods. It mattered not to the authorities whatever or whoever else he might believe in.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No. The original meaning of atheist was a person who didn't believe in any of the officially sanctioned gods. It mattered not to the authorities whatever or whoever else he might believe in.

I thought not; I wouldnot call all believers Atheist, but I think a few really are.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Some Atheist are obsessed with religion because they are scared of it; its their monster in their closet of intrest in God. Kind of reminds me of a myth; the vampire that is afraid of the cross; though I do not use myths in my evidence of things ( and Atheist consistantly do use myths as supporting evidence) , their fear of religion reminds me of that. They want to " Protect the people" from religion, while they seek to suck the life out of religion; yet the people love religion too much.

Its hard to suck the Love out of a people.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Some Atheist are obsessed with religion because they are scared of it; its their monster in their closet of intrest in God. Kind of reminds me of a myth; the vampire that is afraid of the cross; though I do not use myths in my evidence of things ( and Atheist consistantly do use myths as supporting evidence) , their fear of religion reminds me of that. They want to " Protect the people" from religion, while they seek to suck the life out of religion; yet the people love religion too much.
Well, Christians don't believe in the Hindu gods and are atheistic towards them, what makes them fear Hinduism?
Quote:
Its hard to suck the Love out of a people.
No actually it isn't. Make them believe in a god, tell them their god wants them to kill all their neighbors and give them a big knife. Just read the OT.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Well, Christians don't believe in the Hindu gods and are atheistic towards them, what makes them fear Hinduism?No actually it isn't. Make them believe in a god, tell them their god wants them to kill all their neighbors and give them a big knife. Just read the OT.

I hold no intrest in Christians; and I have read the OT and I don't come away with the views of it that you seem to have; the bible is the most bueatiful book I have ever read, period.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I hold no intrest in Christians; and I have read the OT and I don't come away with the views of it that you seem to have; the bible is the most bueatiful book I have ever read, period.
"How many has God killed?
I kill ... I wound ... I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh. -- Deuteronomy 32:39-42
How many people did God kill in the Bible?

It's impossible to say for sure, but plenty. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? There's just no way to count them all.

But sometimes the Bible tells us exactly how many were killed by God. So what happens if you total all of these killings? What number do you get?

Well, here's what I came up with: 2,476,633

Note that this number is a gross underestimate of the total number. It doesn't include, in many cases, women and children, and it completely leaves out some of God's more impressive kills. (Like the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the firstborn Egyptian children, etc.)

So what happens if you use estimates when the Bible provides only numbers for adult male victims or no numbers at all?

Here's my estimate: 25 million"

Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed?

Wonderful book and god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality