Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM

496 posts, read 483,657 times

Advertisements

Post #16 by myself will be retacted, as the quote post in subject has been deleted. This suggests a possible retraction or mis-put effort in some way. In honor of what may only be a possible interpretation, post #16 will be formally retracted by myself regardless.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-20-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 PM

post #16 by myself is fully retracted for explained reasons.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Shocking and disheartening news coming out of the Vatican these days.

I'm worried about the Catholic Church. It seems to me they are out of touch with reality.

That's (any) religion for you.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
That's (any) religion for you.
Excellent point. The reality of mankind's mode for meaning has slipped from the realism of his very own nature. All religions are properly out of touch with the realities of present day man. Gandhi could not affect Bundy. This is getting boring, I will drop by tonight to see if anyone wants to make a logical entry.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:17 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The Pope Benedict is doing just what Lord Jesus calls him to do as the name that he got come from a hope that the Lord will clean up the church by a Benedict order ....opposing abortions and gay marriages is Not hate speech, as it is the perfect love of God that these are not in the perfect plan for people , as God will not protect people who engage in these activities ..... So If people do go and engage in these activities than God does not hate them , or get God children to hate them , but to teach people that they are headed for disaster ........

Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Pope Benedict is doing just what Lord Jesus calls him to do as the name that he got come from a hope that the Lord will clean up the church by a Benedict order ....opposing abortions and gay marriages is Not hate speech, as it is the perfect love of God that these are not in the perfect plan for people , as God will not protect people who engage in these activities ..... So If people do go and engage in these activities than God does not hate them , or get God children to hate them , but to teach people that they are headed for disaster ........
Very well said. I agree completely.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Vatican orders crackdown on American nuns

You can't just make this stuff up
Apparently you can. The article's "crack down" states that "the group was not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women's ordination."

Speaking out strongly against gay marriage, abortion, and women's ordination is clearly NOT hate speech. It isn't like the Pope has suggested they counsel their constituents to go to the streets with weapons and act threateningly in any way.

Of course the Pope is going to want his "flock" to speak out against behavior that is contrary to the Catholic teachings. So what?

Ignore him. As far as I can see, most Catholics do.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 PM

593 posts, read 890,323 times
Here we go again with the disfunctional Papal bureaucracy nailing mostly squestered nuns (not all nuns) who are for the most part out of the loop of world affairs ,out of the loop of life and out of the loop of scripture all part of traditional insanereligion which they are victims . I love nuns as I was once Catholic and asside from one lay teacher in grade school I had sweet and loving nuns who were great teachers, My aunt was a Notre Dame nun and I have visited the retirement home in Wisconsin having a one on one meeting with my fifth grade teacher and organist at my wedding. Nuns lack a difficult to explain lack of empowerment ,latitude,voice and any sort of recognizable platform whereby "speaking out" hasn't been in their anticipated role, Most nuns are religated to a nunnreryalbeit convent having a redundant set schedule of prayer (often to icons as mediators not withstanding intercessory prayer to saints and dead Popes) Don't get me started. Anyway, with the phiosphical differences among priests ,nuns ,mother superiors not to mention the traditional views of the Catholic clueless flock expressing ones self as a nun could be traumatic as their wagon train is surrounded by indians.

Das

Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Does this include Priests that have sexual relations with children or their adult parishioners ?? Seems THEY are exempt from the rules.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
more from Lawrence O'Donnell who did a seg with a nun that has been silenced by Rome for ministering to gay/lesbians also on seg is the leader of Dignity, Dignity is a gay/lesbian Catholic group.

U.S. News - Catholic nuns group 'stunned' by Vatican scolding for 'radical feminist' ideas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality