Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Strange, your logic seems flawed, I would use everything you just said to prove it was fined tuned for our existence on earth.
And yet, our place in the sun, and this planet, are so obviously not designed to fit the human animal exactly. Else, why do we continue to respond by Evolving? That's so easily demo'd by a now-basic DNA lineage track, which you also cannot deny, so sorry Mickiel.

Of course the animal perfectly fits the environment in which it must live! (Wow! Just like the water in a puddle "fits" that puddle's shape so well! It must be God's work!)

What else would you expect? If we were created as Christians fervently insist, with no evolvin' allowed after that Creation event, then any changes to our external environment would potentially leave us over-stressed and out in the cold, so to speak. We'd be doomed by any rapid global warming or cooling, changes in humidity or atmospheric content and so on. Even our digestive abilities and enzymes are the result of having to survive on the available vegetation that has co-evolved. If the plant ecosystem changes, then we must also.

And yet, we have historically and bio-organically thrived, and have done so for millenia, as have all the other myriad of effective and efficient current-day plant and animal forms that still exist. Why is that? Because they and we are able to adapt, and thus have continuously been updated via Evolution.

We've adapted to fit our environment exactly. But if it changes too quickly, as it did for the dinosaurs, when they could not adapt genetically and quickly enough, bingo: we could also go extinct. (Except of course, modern man just modifies his localized environments. So far we've done that with science and it's resulting technology, but even that has it's limits!)

So now you see how it all works so perfectly, Mickiel?

And to think... you used to deny Evolution!

All through the established and simple processe of constant DNA mutation, which again, you simply can no longer deny. Try it and I'll prove you so very wrong! And that would not make you look so good, now would it?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Survival of the fittest. It's the rule of nature. We aren't the physically strongest species, and while we might be the most intelligent, we aren't the smartest.

You can't base our superiority on our intelligence, it's ridiculous. No other species is so disconnected from nature; no other creature has such a blatant disregard for the environment.

We are just like the other species, except we're worse.

We " Might be the smartest"; Might be!

We might be the smartest; good greif, might be.

What has the world of observation come to?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:

Depends on your definition of smartness i guess, i see a lot of people doing the dumbest of things that wouldnt fit into any definition of smartness i can think of.
We are potentially the most intelligent species on Earth but even then we dont always display that intelligence.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Depends on your definition of smartness i guess, i see a lot of people doing the dumbest of things that wouldnt fit into any definition of smartness i can think of.
We are potentially the most intelligent species on Earth but even then we dont always display that intelligence.

This is really a type of denial in order to support some strange type of thinking; we " Might be", or " Potentially we might be", are resistant cautious terms of endearment to the obvious. The Godly laws of existence has placed humanity over all physical things on earth, no sentimental thinking towards those things can change Gods laws of existence.

Still another proof of him.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:

Humans are the most intelligent animals on earth, as far as we can tell. However, this doesn't mean that human intelligence could not have evolved by natural processes from non-human ancestors.

There is strong evidence that mutations in DNA caused human brains to become larger over the course of ape-to-human evolution. We can now even identify which portion of our DNA changed to make this happen.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Humans are the most intelligent animals on earth, as far as we can tell. However, this doesn't mean that human intelligence could not have evolved by natural processes from non-human ancestors.

There is strong evidence that mutations in DNA caused human brains to become larger over the course of ape-to-human evolution. We can now even identify which portion of our DNA changed to make this happen.

Goodness; " We might be, we potentially might be, and now " As far as we can tell." All terms of endearment that try to soften the facts. In fact we are the most intelligent. Period!

And I will never believe that humans are continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes. The intellectual life of man, his culture, history, religion and science is far different and superior than anythingelse we know of on earth and in the universe! That is fact! Human evolution is not a continuim of ape evolution, they are seperate. A serious chasm exist there, inspite of the simularitys.

Human evolution far out classes ape evolution.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Goodness; " We might be, we potentially might be, and now " As far as we can tell." All terms of endearment that try to soften the facts. In fact we are the most intelligent. Period!

And I will never believe that humans are continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes. The intellectual life of man, his culture, history, religion and science is far different and superior than anythingelse we know of on earth and in the universe! That is fact! Human evolution is not a continuim of ape evolution, they are seperate. A serious chasm exist there, inspite of the simularitys.

I'm aware that you believe that. I'm just trying to show the current state of scientific evidence.

I added "as far as we can tell" as a tentative sort of thing because not everyone seems to agree what intelligence really is, even though we have a pretty good idea. Plus, recent findings indicate that many non-human animals are more intelligent than they were previously thought to be.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 AM

258 posts, read 207,473 times
Quote:
Happy to see you acknowledge that humans are a result of evolution like apes.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
In fact we are the most intelligent. Period!
Too bad most intelligent doesn't equal most wise.
Sure, it takes an intelligent person to build a WMD but it takes a wise person to admit that violence only begets more violence.
Sure the colonists who almost decimated the indiginous American people where intelligent because of their advancent technology but only dumb people do things because they can.

Quote:
And I will never believe that humans are continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes.
Say what you will of speechless apes they have never committed such autrocities as the holocaust.
Neither did they experiment on 'lower apes' in the name of science like the Jews, homosexuals and gypsies were experimented upon by the Nazi scientists.
True Nazi scientists are intelligent, but they also believed themselves to be the superior master race.
Just like you believe yourself to be superior to the speechless ape.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieE View Post
Happy to see you acknowledge that humans are a result of evolution like apes.

Well I certainly believe that evolution occured, although I differ from many as to its source; I view evolution as an " Arm of Gods creation activitys", not some self creating self serving mystical power from nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality