Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

The Laws of Conservation are basic laws in physics that state which processes can or cannot occur in nature. Each law maintains the total value of the quantity governed by that law ( e.q. matter and energy), remains unchanged during physical processes. Conservation laws have the broadest possible application of all laws in physics and are considered to be the most fundamental laws in nature. In 1905, the theory of relativity showed mass was a form of energy and the two laws governing these quantities were combined into a single law conserving the total amount of mass and energy. This law says neither matter or energy can be created or destroyed. Which leads to an inescapable question;

If matter and energy cannot be created, how did they orginate? Where did the entire physical unmiverse come from?

Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
inally Posted by Mickiel I think that the atheists main concern with theists is that some things simply seem 'self-evident' to a theist while they in fact are not. Many theists then rationalise whatever they believe to be self-evident through their faith.
I mean there was a time that it was self-evident that slavery was completely legitimate and accepted by Christians while that obviously is not he case anymore.

Also I think if you research the history, Christians as a group did just as much if not more than any group to help abolish slavery.

Know the history.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:50 PM

69 posts, read 68,636 times
The quantum fields are ever existent, and whence comes universe after universe. That law upholds the eternal fields and thus energy and thus matter! Ti's a pseudo-question with that non-explanatory God!
And ti's no good to prattle that even with an eternal Cosmos, we still need Him as that Ultimate Explanation,because God did it explains nothing at all! Tell us how He can act in the Cosmos in the first place? No argument from ignorance will do! How can He be Himself with divine intent in the Cosmos then when science finds none?
See my thread why believe.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carneadesthatesstratoofga View Post
The quantum fields are ever existent, and whence comes universe after universe. That law upholds the eternal fields and thus energy and thus matter! Ti's a pseudo-question with that non-explanatory God!
And ti's no good to prattle that even with an eternal Cosmos, we still need Him as that Ultimate Explanation,because God did it explains nothing at all! Tell us how He can act in the Cosmos in the first place? No argument from ignorance will do! How can He be Himself with divine intent in the Cosmos then when science finds none?
See my thread why believe.

Science is not powerful enough to replace God, nor can it be a new-god.

Theres nothing new under Gods rule.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times
Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
There was a time slavery was accepted by all of humanity, not just Christians; to be fair to them
True, but a Christian should've known better. The fact that slavery is mentioned in the Bible does not mean that it is okay to keep slaves.
But that was how the midieval Christians reasoned and that simply is wrong.
How can you keep a slave and love others the way you love yourself?
That simply is impossible.

Quote:
Also I think if you research the history, Christians as a group did just as much if not more than any group to help abolish slavery.

Know the history.
So?
That still is no excuse.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
It just puzzles me why atheists are so determined to convince others of their views. At least with religion there is the hope of salvation, eternal life, rebirth, etc. With atheism the outcome is always eternal oblivion and the end of consciousness. What possible benefit there is to convert someone over to this horribly depressing and terrifying result (for most people) totally eludes me.
That it eludes you is what is unusual to me given you have asked essentially the same thing on a number of threads now and been answered quite a number of times, in quite a number of ways, by quite a number of people.

Perhaps the issue here is the difference between the words elude and avoid. The answers to your questions are not so much eluding YOU as you have been avoiding THEM. If I manage to dodge an oncoming car that is about to hit me, it makes little sense for me to claim the car "eluded" me.

Quote:
Living in terror of coming oblivion is not uplifting.
Just as well that is not what atheists DO do then is it not? In fact if you bothered to spend some time reading the recent thread on whether atheists fear death you will find that your straw man erection here does not stand very long at all.

Quote:
One cannot honestly equate religion with negativity 100% and atheism with goodness 100%.
Nor are people like me doing so. So once again you appear to need to attack easy positions people do not actually hold rather than the more difficult ones they do.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM

The laws of Entrophy prove that God exist. Our universe was designed to decay, not to last forever.

Because God has plans for forever.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
The laws of Entrophy prove that God exist. Our universe was designed to decay, not to last forever.

Because God has plans for forever.
Are you saying that in God's plan for forever there would be no proof of God (read: death)?
Or do these plan simply not include humanity?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Are you saying that in God's plan for forever there would be no proof of God (read: death)?
Or do these plan simply not include humanity?

There now exist plenty of proof of God, and that will increase diamectrically with Gods will in Revelation to humans. There are plenty of humans who see this proof, and of those many are not able to explain this proof to an unbeliever who cannot determine it as proof. I am no such believer, I can explain what and why I believe and the proof of it in factual evidence.

The ability of an unbeliever to see and accept such proof is not in my hands; yet I understand that all of humanity are destined to see and understand this proof. In 1 Timothy 2:3;" This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all humans to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." And God always gets what he desires.

This is not in the hands of Christianity or any other group of believers in God, this thing is in Gods hands and its his will for ALL. The plan of God is specifically for all of humanity.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
There now exist plenty of proof of God, and that will increase diamectrically with Gods will in Revelation to humans.
Either you truly believe that death is proof of God's existence, then there can be no eternity.
Or you believe in eternity, which means that death cannot be proof of God's existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality