Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 06:11 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If this were the case, then can you explain why there are approximately 7,000 languages spoken today, and many thousands more gone extinct....If you maintain that god gave man language, then god is an ass for making it so complicated...And don't even think of feeding me that old tower of babble myth.

The answer to the rest of your design nonsense which is evolution, has tons upon tons of evidence verifying how everything you think was designed came about, including human language.

You, Mickiel, win the prize as the single most irrational poster I have ever seen.

There has never been a reasonable scientific explanation for how language developed that I accept. Primordial humans NEVER spoke in a language beyond grunts or garble, and there is absolutely no evidence that they did. You Atheist make far more imaginary plugs in your belief that any Theist I am aware of. Nothing accounts for language, other than the Genesis account. Before you can have language, you must have consciousness, and I challenge any Atheist to prove that primordial man was even conscious, without using your unmentioned faith in your beliefs. Its academic, a creator exist that passed down to humanity the essentials in everyday living from which we could develop from there, what we have now.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There has never been a reasonable scientific explanation for how language developed that I accept. Primordial humans NEVER spoke in a language beyond grunts or garble, and there is absolutely no evidence that they did. You Atheist make far more imaginary plugs in your belief that any Theist I am aware of. Nothing accounts for language, other than the Genesis account. Before you can have language, you must have consciousness, and I challenge any Atheist to prove that primordial man was even conscious, without using your unmentioned faith in your beliefs. Its academic, a creator exist that passed down to humanity the essentials in everyday living from which we could develop from there, what we have now.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:48 PM

The laws of existence demand a creator, I can't see it adding up any other way. Law itself is prescribed by authority, and science thinks nature has no authority;law is rule and the controlling influence of such rules; the law of nature is the law of God.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 PM

267 posts, read 216,478 times
Quote:
The laws of existence demand a creator, I can't see it adding up any other way. Law itself is prescribed by authority, and science thinks nature has no authority;law is rule and the controlling influence of such rules; the law of nature is the law of God.
The laws of existence demand a creator, thats my opinion
I fixed that for you

Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
The laws of existence demand a creator, thats my opinion
I fixed that for you

The laws of existence demand a creator, thats my hugely uninformed, and rather convoluted opinion.

I further clarified. You're welcome.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The laws of existence demand a creator, thats my hugely uninformed, and rather convoluted opinion.

I further clarified. You're welcome.

Well I understand; if you don't like the word usage, just change them yourself; pacification of self even needs to change what their ears can sponge.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Well I understand; if you don't like the word usage, just change them yourself; pacification of self even needs to change what their ears can sponge.
Oh wow, I'm surprised you didn't get that [sarcasm]

Old 07-01-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Oh wow, I'm surprised you didn't get that [sarcasm]

Well you must excuse me I am weak on the sarcasm thing, not being interested in it- because I see its down falling effect on language. You see , often some of the things we derive personal pleasure from, are corrupting in their long run on things; perhaps we can't see that now, but later on when the damage is already done; we can't even recoil form it; because were already a part of it. Sarcasm damages the human language , more than it benefits; but those using it get too much joy from it to recognize that. So its being taught to children, played out in the media, and its roots grow BECAUSE of the human pleasure.

Its literally the same way with misinformation about God; some take pleasure in just daring to conflict with the story of God, because of the way others have perverted it in their own pleasure, and the damage is already done. Men now enjoy conflicting with their own true origins.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Well you must excuse me I am weak on the sarcasm thing, not being interested in it- because I see its down falling effect on language. You see , often some of the things we derive personal pleasure from, are corrupting in their long run on things; perhaps we can't see that now, but later on when the damage is already done; we can't even recoil form it; because were already a part of it. Sarcasm damages the human language , more than it benefits; but those using it get too much joy from it to recognize that. So its being taught to children, played out in the media, and its roots grow BECAUSE of the human pleasure.

Its literally the same way with misinformation about God; some take pleasure in just daring to conflict with the story of God, because of the way others have perverted it in their own pleasure, and the damage is already done. Men now enjoy conflicting with their own true origins.
A word salad as a response, is it any wonder I use sarcasm? You are incapable of responding in a thoughtful manner, because your beliefs won't allow it. Go back to the cave.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
A word salad as a response, is it any wonder I use sarcasm? You are incapable of responding in a thoughtful manner, because your beliefs won't allow it. Go back to the cave.

I am capable of responding to others without needing to disrespect them; disrespect is an offshoot affect of continually using sarcasm as a part of your communication. The sarcasm mask's itself as humor, when underneath its a knife being employed to cut into the other with reckless abandon of respect.

Then eventually a part of you enjoys the cut; actually takes pleasure in inflicting the pain it may cause. And that wound , is really a wound to communication and the human language. People are beginning to actually enjoy hurting human language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality