Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
-waffle-
Dig?
No I don't dig and debating with you is futile as your biblical knowledge is pisspoor as can be seen on the plethora of threads you participate on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
The snatching away can't be the culmination of all history and the world as we know it. After the believers of the nations are snatched away and later antichrist is put down then the Lord sets up His millennial reign on the earth. After the millennium a new earth comes and the Lord reigns again on the new earth for many many thousands of years.

When Jesus returns for the believers among the nations He does not set foot on the earth. We meet Him in the air. Years later He returns and sets foot on Mt. Zion and thus all Israel will be saved (see Romans 11).
We are now living in the time refered as "the thousand year reign". The millennium, like a lot of biblical symbolism is not to be understood literally.
Amillennialists believe this 1000 year reign is the entire time between Jesus asending into heaven and His return to culminate all things.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
We are now living in the time refered as "the thousand year reign". The millennium, like a lot of biblical symbolism is not to be understood literally.
Amillennialists believe this 1000 year reign is the entire time between Jesus asending into heaven and His return to culminate all things.
If the last two thousand years are the result of Christ's kingdom on earth it sure has been an abject F'd up freaking failure.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
No I don't dig and debating with you is futile as your biblical knowledge is pisspoor as can be seen on the plethora of threads you participate on.
That's cute.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
It's only clear as mud to you because you have mud caked on your glasses.

It is quite clear to me.

The dead in their tombs come out of their tombs and the living believers TOGETHER meet them AT THE SAME TIME in the air and meet the Lord in the air.

If that is muddy to you, clean off the glasses!

You know, I'm sure going to enjoy seeing that, I mean imagine all those dead people coming out of their graves and meeting up with you folks and flying away in the sky, somebody should inform the air traffic controllers for the airplanes at the different airports so that none of the planes run into them on their way up to wherever it is their going. I'm going to sit on my front porch with a quart jar of shine and watch the spectacular sight and enjoy the peace and quiet when it's all over....

Old 05-05-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Hot damn Seeker, way to go, using them 50¢ words on a person with a 10¢ knowledge.....

Old 05-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know, I'm sure going to enjoy seeing that, I mean imagine all those dead people coming out of their graves and meeting up with you folks and flying away in the sky, somebody should inform the air traffic controllers for the airplanes at the different airports so that none of the planes run into them on their way up to wherever it is their going. I'm going to sit on my front porch with a quart jar of shine and watch the spectacular sight and enjoy the peace and quiet when it's all over....
There is no guarantee that there will be airplanes in that day when the Lord returns. The world may slip back into an agrarian society. There are also co-pilots on every plane so if one ends up missing there is always another to take his place.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hot damn Seeker, way to go, using them 50¢ words on a person with a 10¢ knowledge.....
Ah, that's cute. The little children know how to put their adults down. You kids are so cute when you don't get your way.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Ah, that's cute. The little children know how to put their adults down. You kids are so cute when you don't get your way.

Yeah, I'm going through my fifth childhood, Gotta have a little fun now and then....

Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
If the last two thousand years are the result of Christ's kingdom on earth it sure has been an abject F'd up freaking failure.
It's been a total 100% success for His people. All Christians are members of "The Kingdom of God". It's not now and never will be an earthly kingdom. It's a spiritual kingdom and it's eternal.

There are very few Christians who would deny Christ's threefold office of, Prophet, Priest and King. Do you imagine Jesus is a King without a Kingdom? Of course that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality