Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The sun itself is not a source of anything except radiation, including heat energy. THe vitamin D is made in our own skin but only in the presence of some specific radiation energy from the sun. My mother, bless her soul, used to think the Vit. D itself actually floated down to us, and then it , what exactly??, stuck itself into our bodies? Funny, and quite illiterate as far as vitamin technology is concerned.

Of course, good old Rr. Admiral Gardner did not have free-ranging T-Rexs, Apatosaurs (*one of which would have created a serious list to port, not to mention the necessary herds of all of the millions of species..) and all the other, factually, perhaps 100 million animals that would have to have been kept comfortably on board.

After all, Eusebius has yet to respond and address how a mere pair, or even seven, of anything, dropped off at the frozen 13,000 ft elevation level on stone, snow and ice-covered Ararat, and coincidentally onto a vegetation-free planet with no good fresh water, could successfully re-populate it's "kind" at all! (a stupid evangelical re-definition word avoiding "species")

As to handy freeze-dried foods, how were the literla hundreds of tonnes of these materials then stored and kept cold/frozen, and also, who distributed them, and again; what about the waste?

This is an absolutely indefensible and absurd concept, supported by those who cannot do even the most basic logical evaluations.

Pressing on....

As to that equally absurd video: who said that "the universe was created by monkeys" and why does the word Demonstrate "mean" DEMONS", pray tell? Is that what you believe the word demonstrate means in scientific terms, Big-E? Honestly?

GOing on with this pathologically mis-interpreted video: "Fact" is "something believed to be real" (the narrator's emphasis...), especially a "crime". Hmmm... wonder where this trollista will go from there? Let's see, shall we?

"Faith is a confident belief in" a real thing. Hmmm... an awe-inspired assumption to be sure. Let's go on though: it get's a whole lot, well, stupider...

Ahh yes: "I believe in God, and you believe in DIRT". (cu the stupid laughter from the equally uneducated and illiterate audience who is there simply to agree with the toadie minister. You also laughed along with them, did you, Big-E? OK: let's go on!

Sop: these two illiterate toadies, the minister and then that kid who we alrready had a good sjhot at woith his (no ewater outside of the Esrth in THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! PS: how des he know htis, esp. when we have ice meteorites, ice on the moon and Mars, and ice in the rings of Saturn? Oh... I get it: ice is not water. Must be it!

These two are the Dumbo Twins on Display if I ever saw it.

eusebium,s much as you'd like it to be do, and DEMONstrated...Science does not ever take unsupportable, unresearched and unreviewed wild hunches for granted, nor on faith, unlike the dependable and predictable religious perspective.

But wait: there's more!

You purposefully selected some dummy science spokesman who speculates openly about the origins of life. You didn't choose to listen to, let's say, Neil DeGrasse Tyson or FDr. Dawkins, would have ripped your silly humpty-dumpty ideas apart, and tossed them out. But instead you purposefully chose a hugely ill-educated and unprepared nut case to ridicule, but then you inadvertently provide, proudly, your very own ill-educated nut cases!!

Compelling to say the least!
Obviously noah had hydroponic systems with all sorts of grown plants ready to plant don't you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default An alternate video, not fraught with idiots...

Here. Listen and weep:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse - A fascinatingly disturbing thought - YouTube

Of course, it's a mandated religious imperative wherein the deeply religious believe that they and their specific God must have all the answers right now, that nothing can possibly be left for an even brighter version of us to discover later, or that there's possibly another species or beings that evolved entirely outside of this supposedly perfect planet, and that could have figured it all out so far ahead of us. OMG, huh? OMG!

We being, after all, made in their God's perfect (but oddly not so perfect, but rather, in His apparently malformed and vastly imperfect...) image.

OK then: So be it. Praise the Imperfect God with all His faults, mis-creations and sins...

Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The sun itself is not a source of anything except radiation, including heat energy. THe vitamin D is made in our own skin but only in the presence of some specific radiation energy from the sun. My mother, bless her soul, used to think the Vit. D itself actually floated down to us, and then it , what exactly??, stuck itself into our bodies? Funny, and quite illiterate as far as vitamin technology is concerned.

"Vitamin D is often called the sunshine vitamin. It is produced when compounds that occur naturally in animal bodies are exposed to sunlight. Thus, it is difficult to suffer a vitamin D deficiency if one gets enough sunshine. One form of vitamin D is often added to milk as an additive. Storage and food preparation do not seem to affect this vitamin."
Humans can store vitamin D for a whole year if they bulk up enough during the right time. They do not need the sun to get vitamin D. They can get it from cod-liver oil and other livers such as shark liver. I'm not disagreeing with you above, but just adding to what you wrote.

Quote:
Oddly, this apparently ancient technology of freeze-dried foods was subsequently lost on all the navies of the world, until the late '60s when it was (apparently re-) discovered and utilized. One can only wonder why Noah kept it all hidden!
Untrue. The Incans were freeze drying food for thousand of years. Why did the Greeks keep their computer technology secret for thousand of years? Google Antikythera Mechanism. It got lost all these years because of wars, famines, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
As for freeze drying technology, here's the real truth, and it seems to be a relatively modern technology, mid-WW-II. Noah did not have the necessary 100˚C temp chambers, not the replaceable nitrogen gas atmosphere, nor the laboratory consistencies require3d to do this properly, nor any previous research to determine what had to be done to achieve such success.
I thought you were going to give us the truth. You didn't. The Incans didn't need all that modern technology for thousands of years to freeze-dry their food. You fail to understand the ancient processes involved.

Quote:
"Freeze drying technology was first developed at the height of World War II as a way of storing blood to be used for injuries in the battlefield, without requiring refrigeration systems. This newly discovered technology was later applied to food products following the War to end all wars." From:

Read more Freeze dried foods: The history, the process, and advantages (http://www.oasisv.com/2011/03/freeze-dried-foods-history-process-and.html - broken link)
Yea, with emphasis on """"technology"""" in the above quote. Ancient Incans nor Noah needed technology such as we use today.

Quote:
And of course, good old Rr. Admiral Gardner did not have free-ranging T-Rexs, Apatosaurs (*one of which would have created a serious list to port, not to mention the necessary herds of all of the millions of species..) and all the other, factually, perhaps 100 million animals that would have to have been kept comfortably on board.
Your freeze-drying history is a little off. The Incans were freeze-drying foods thousands of years ago. They had 3-7 years worth of food to back them up when needed. Inca cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously Noah could freeze dry foods if he needed to.

Quote:
After all, Eusebius has yet to respond and address how a mere pair, or even seven, of anything, dropped off at the frozen 13,000 ft elevation level on stone, snow and ice-covered Ararat, and coincidentally onto a vegetation-free planet with no good fresh water, could successfully re-populate it's "kind" at all! (a stupid evangelical re-definition word avoiding "species")
Normally I don't respond to people who are so mean-spirited as you, but, what the heck.

First of all you have to prove that right after the flood the ark settled at 13,000 feet elevation.
Secondly, you have to prove Mt. Ararat was snow and ice-covered right after the flood.
Thirdly, you have to prove that right after the flood the earth was vegetation-free.
Fourthly you have to prove that right after the flood there was no good fresh water.

Answer those four things above with undeniable scientific proof and I just might answer you.

Quote:
As to Big-E's imaginative but impossible (though handy...) freeze-dried foods, how were the literal hundreds of tonnes of these materials then stored and kept stored properly, and also, who distributed them, and again; what about the waste?

This is an absolutely indefensible and absurd concept, supported by those who cannot "suss out" even the most basic logical evaluations.
If you can prove by scientific proof he could not possibly have properly stored freeze dried foods on board his ark, I might answer you.
I already addressed the waste problem.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Proven again, all by hisself! Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Untrue. The Incans were freeze drying food for thousand of years. Why did the Greeks keep their computer technology secret for thousand of years? Google Antikythera Mechanism. It got lost all these years because of wars, famines, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflmn_cook
Convenient to be sure. No worries, mate! I will be checking it out. tomorrow.
Obviously Noah could freeze dry foods if he needed to.

Quote:
Wayht now: the Mayans preceded the ME mythologies by quite a bit, did they not? Let's get the old timeline out, why not lets? It also proves there was no need for freeze-dried foods, esp. enough to feed several million on-board animals, not to mention the plant's hydroponic system needs. Since, I'm stating categorically, there WAS NO SUCH Pseudo-FLUDD! Oh, but still, I'm very curious: uhhhmm... how DO you get a Blue Whale on an Ark?... Up through the lone door? And then into it's tank?
Normally I don't respond to people who are so mean-spirited as you, but, what the heck.

First of all you have to prove that right after the flood the ark settled at 13,000 feet elevation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing)rflmn_(again!)
Simple: See NAMI™. Google it, and then you can fight with them. Its a church, btw! So, they're right up your alley!

Heck; I'll make it simple for you!

Who is (NAMI) Noah’s Ark Ministries International?

Why I am Impressed with NAMI’s Announcement | The Mount Ararat Discovery

Secondly, you have to prove Mt. Ararat was snow and ice-covered right after the flood.

Quote:
No I don't. See NAMI™ stuff, above. They claim it was embedded into the ice, and then they make all sorts of claims, sorta like those you make: as in: Unsubstantiated. So Sorry: your persistent game of "change the facts to be convenient" was only saleable for so long, then it's fallability is wildly obvious. But don't fight me: fight the NAMI™!

But even if it "land" way down @ sea level, which would have taken another four or six months for all the water to evap down to that level, by your own reasoning, btw... all the edible (and every other kind...) of vegetative life was dead and gone after 18 mo. of inundation under salt water. And an additional 28,000 psi of hydrological pressure. Too bad. Facts is facts though huh? Sorry.
Thirdly, you have to prove that right after the flood the earth was vegetation-free.

Quote:
How could it not be? You have yet to prove any vegetation could survive under cold oxygen-free and saline water, with an additional mega-pressure impinging on it.

So... go ahead: pour a cup of salt into a gallon of water and then go about your house watering the plants with it. Then put the plants in a cold dark room. Wait 18 months and see hat's left. (And this is not even under water for that long, more if you have to allow for the evaporation of the water to uncover the veggies!) You think you get wholesome salad fixin's fur-yur lunch perchance?

What biological tripe.
Fourthly you have to prove that right after the flood there was no good fresh water.

Quote:
Q: where did it come from? You've intermixed all the world's fresh water source: ice, snow, inland lakes, rivers, etc. with the ocean. What are you saying: God kept them all discretely distinct with giant Pirelli™ rubber insta-moating? What are you thinking of, Big-E? How do you flood the world and yet keep the saline and fresh waters apart?

Wow! You really are on something! You just proved it!
Answer those four things above with undeniable scientific proof and I just might answer you.

Quote:
Asked and answered. QED. So; your turn now. Answer the one about how a single pair of animals could possibly re-populate the entire earth with their "kind", when there's absolutely no fresh drinkable water or any vegetation or prey species left to eat (if they ate their designated antelope prey species that conveniently survived on the Ark for 18+ mo unmolested, what's left after day 2 for the pair of hungry lions, Pray tell? Not to mention that we animals simply cannot survive without potable water for more than about 4 days... Certainly not for weeks or months, eh, ol' pal? Oh-ohhh, huh?
If you can prove by scientific proof he could not possibly have properly stored freeze dried foods on board his ark, I might answer you.
I already addressed the waste problem.
Well, uhmmm... nope, you really did not! Aside from making literally millions of necessary tonnes of it, and then storing it where the animals would not get into it, just how many tonnes of such food did he have to store for 18+ months? Tell me, oh great calculatorius major?

How much does a T-Rex pair (stupid on the surface, but let's go with it for now...), plus a pair of Apaptosaurs, plus a pair of Brontosaurs, + a pair of velociraptors, and a pair each of Stegosaurs, Brachiosaurs, melignosaurs, platyosaurs, raptosaurs, and so on up to the known count of 8000 or so species of dinos.

Image Detail for - http://www.astronomers.net/ga4-prehistoric/images/dinosaur_evolution_poster2.jpg

But wait! Then let's start on the millions of known mammals, insects and crustaceans,, shall we?

Image Detail for - http://rjfisherjoanides.pbworks.com/f/1299777618/a151-mammals_poster%282%29.jpg

Image Detail for - http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/angelp/angelp0804/angelp080400004/2839542-big-collection-of-different-vector-insects-silhouettes.jpg

Image Detail for - http://shop.scandfish.com/images/products/medium/9a7a5856-9fab-4d98-8fec-71e57eb982c9.jpg

As is so very obvious here, these are only representative but partial sample listings. THer's literally millions more of each, not to mention the plants, fungi, spores, fish, worms, lizards, snakes, and so on. all in the Ark and well-fed for 18+ months? I'm not buying it, and I don't need some special scientific proof of that: if you can't see these facts, it's your delusional problem, truly!

But oh yeah; then let's add in the space crunch caused by Noah having to also keep all these species of each "kind", including the marine and fresh-water aquatics on board, since the ones out there in the deluge are now all gone.

And if you say "seeds", well then remember, they all have to be planted in the right environment & soil, at the right time of year globally, then watered and fertilized, and protected from the ravaging hordes of, well I agree, only those two lone robins, two sparrows, and two Quail; not so much ravaging going on.

But then., all those species of birds that require vegetation would be long dead before a suitable drop of Noah-agriculture up there on Ararat (or even down at it's still flooded or mud-encrusted base...) would kick in! Plants take a while to grow to full fruition, Eusebius, but I'll assume you're just not a rurally experienced agri-guy, but rather you are instead, an inexperienced city boy.

Get's kinda out of hand in a real hurry. I certainly don't need to go any further; this is wildly absurd on it's face. And you either know it or are truly technically illiterate.

And, you are proven, time and again, to be incapable of defending your ideas, or of disproving any of mine! It's all too technically hard for you; admit it!

Again: QED, but this time, with big neon-fluorescent flashing lights (ala: Vegas!) shining on them letters!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
There's a difference between drying and freeze-drying, but there were likely to have been some dried foods that could have provided a bare minimum of C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Woof, prior to the world-wide flood of Noah's day there was another recorded flood in Genesis 1:

Gen 1:9 And saying is the Elohim, "Flow together shall the water from
under the heavens to one place, and appear shall the dry land." And
coming is it to be so. And flowing together is the water under the heavens
to one place, and appearing is the dry land.

Pangaea was completely under water. How did God cause the dry land to appear? Most likely He raised the continent above the water.

In Noah's day, how did Pangaea become inundated with water once again? God probably sublimated the continent.

There are no serious contradictions in a properly translated Bible. There are scribal errors but those are always corrected in the margins of the Hebrew text and even the Greek texts.
It seems to me you can't have a continent covered by water, then it would be the ocean bed, and I've never heard of the Earth being completely inundated - though I suppose I could be wrong.

At any rate, there are numerous contradictions in any Bible, but when I point them out I always feel like I'm punching a child. Sometimes I do it, but other times I just don't have the heart - and anyway this thread is not about Bible contradictions.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Umm, rifleman, you have not proven anything, let alone proven me wrong. Your proofs are only second hand information. I asked for scientific proof. Just because the ark COULD be at its current point on a mountain does not prove that mountain was at that same height when the flood occurred.

WOOF, why not start a new thread on supposed contradictions? I've been through this before. I've seen the contradictionists post their supposed contradictions on the internet and they are easily explained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality